Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-04-2018, 06:49 PM   #1331
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by flico View Post
Interesting about the statue from his store. I probably would have done it for 320 (if his signature does only add 20 dollars like the description says). But it would have been impossible to plan for that as Sideshow sold out before this listing went up. Really nice for people that still want one though!

A thing I noticed last week but wasn't sure if it was worth mentioning. His store added 4 "statue design" prints. Three of which are Tinkerbell, Mermaid, and Alice using the exact same poses as their respective statues. The fourth one is Beauty and the Beast. Does that foreshadow the next statue? Though the Fairytale Fantasy video from several months ago hinted towards Cinderella for the next one...
No, it does not. Because Sideshow has already shown us that the next one is Cinderella.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 08:29 PM   #1332
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I’m pretty disappointed that this is sold out. I cancelled my order because of the issues and now it seems I’ll have to work extra hard to find one without issues...
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 12:57 AM   #1333
xellos49698
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

From the website, it looks like Campbell pick up the first 50 statues of both the Teal and the Purple variant as the certificate states __ of 50.

Honestly, I'm fine without the Certificate, the signed metal print and the stamp on the statue is good enough. A signed Certificate is overkill.

Now if Campbell was signing the actual statues, like on the bottom near the number created, I would be upset that option was not offered by Sideshow.
xellos49698 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 01:13 AM   #1334
zuko3984
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos49698 View Post
From the website, it looks like Campbell pick up the first 50 statues of both the Teal and the Purple variant as the certificate states __ of 50.

Honestly, I'm fine without the Certificate, the signed metal print and the stamp on the statue is good enough. A signed Certificate is overkill.

Now if Campbell was signing the actual statues, like on the bottom near the number created, I would be upset that option was not offered by Sideshow.
He is signing the actual base of the statue if you buy it from his website. The metal print you get with the statue from sideshow is not signed. The only way to get an actual signature from him is buying it from his website or getting him to sign at one of his convention appearances. I got him to sign the metal print at NY comic con.
zuko3984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 04:30 AM   #1335
wijnants_d
Doh!

Quote:
Although I really like my statue, I'm not happy with this situation. Campbell does sign the base when you buy it from his website. Therefore I send an email to Sideshow to let them know that this statue (and more?) isn't exclusive anymore. Because of that (not sure If I will ever sell but still...) my resell value will drop.

*All sales are final
I guess they won't charge you for a broken statue.
And paying with creditcard gives you insurance.
Minor issues could be a problem... so therefore I'm glad I got a perfect one!
wijnants_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 11:29 AM   #1336
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:

Sideshow doesn't typically get the exclusives offered by other companies (e.g. no Tweeterhead exclusives). So if Campbell offered a signed exclusive you most likely wouldn't have been able to get it from SS.
Old 12-06-2018, 11:08 PM   #1337
xellos49698

Well what do you know, the certificate is not the only thing he signs....

https://jscottcampbell.com/collectio...statues-signed

The website does say he signs the bases of the statues too....

This is very unpleasant to find out.

Question? If the metal print isn't signed by Campbell, then what is the blue mark that looks like a signature in the corner? I circled it in black.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	print.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	170.5 KB
ID:	119213  
Old 12-06-2018, 11:23 PM   #1338
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Well what do you know, the certificate is not the only thing he signs....

https://jscottcampbell.com/collectio...statues-signed

The website does say he signs the bases of the statues too....

This is very unpleasant to find out.

Question? If the metal print isn't signed by Campbell, then what is the blue mark that looks like a signature in the corner? I circled it in black.
Not a real signature. It's a copy of his signature that is printed on the metal art card.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 11:56 PM   #1339
xellos49698

Thanks NorthernLadMSP.

Oh well, I still like my Little Mermaid statue all the same, but it does feel like we all got swindle a bit.
Old 12-15-2018, 08:18 PM   #1340
dechirico7
The Flash

I don't get these signed statues he has now. Isn't the metal plate a Sideshow exclusive? I thought they were sold out? Also it says on the site that the signature is$20, yet they have the statues listed for $450. Shouldn't they be $300 +20 then?
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote