Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Diamond Select

Old 04-27-2016, 09:55 PM   #1
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

New Old Stock Treasure Finds

found this CS Moore Aphrodite IX signed AP in excellent condition complete with COA, box and packaging. got it for what it retailed for when it first came out $249.99. #28/500. i didn't even realize it was signed by Clayburn Moore until i flipped it over to take a pic of the base. LOL

found this at an old brick and mortar collectibles store that i visit maybe once or twice a year. i guess i got lucky when i popped in at random a few days ago. at first i said $249? there's probably something wrong with it...broken pieces...missing box...etc. but no, it's like it just rolled off the factory. so needless to say i jumped on it ASAP. picked up some comic books as well.

thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 03:33 AM   #2
qz33
Doctor Doom

Now that's what you call a find.

Great score.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 03:13 PM   #3
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

awesome! What is it about a superfind in a brick and morter that makes it so much more exciting? -like finding buried treasure. Only happened to me once so far...

she looks great!
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 05:51 PM   #4
thecollector80

thanks guys.

there's one listed on ebay (a day after I got mine) for the signed AP at $175 current bid. LOL. what would be totally messed up for me is if the bidder actually gets it for only $175 i guess I will have overpaid for my "treasure find" then.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/322086101520...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Old 05-03-2016, 02:38 AM   #5
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

ha, went for $360. Other one on ebay has been hanging around for $700... I'd say you did pretty good.

I did pretty good with my Aphrodite non ap. It started at 150ish and sat there for days unnoticed. I expected it to go up fast so I emailed the seller with an offer of $300 just to save myself the torture. He refused. To my surprise toward the end only one other guy bid on it and I was able to snatch it up for $215. Everybody was asleep that week apparently lol.
Old 05-03-2016, 10:28 PM   #6
thecollector80

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlySamurai View Post
ha, went for $360. Other one on ebay has been hanging around for $700... I'd say you did pretty good.

I did pretty good with my Aphrodite non ap. It started at 150ish and sat there for days unnoticed. I expected it to go up fast so I emailed the seller with an offer of $300 just to save myself the torture. He refused. To my surprise toward the end only one other guy bid on it and I was able to snatch it up for $215. Everybody was asleep that week apparently lol.
that happened to me too on ebay for a CGC comic. for the longest time i kept putting in my best offer to this seller and everytime it got declined and seller kept relisting it. finally he placed it on auction and I got if for half of what my best offer was. that's what greed gets you. i couldn't believe it that i got it for half of my lowest best offer.
Old 05-04-2016, 02:53 PM   #7
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

lol, poetic justice. The seller told me the auction couldnt be changed or he would take it... yeah.

A while back a seller that I bought a rare statue from put up the second statue from the set but didnt offer the buy it now function on it. I emailed them telling them Id buy it for the same price as the last one if they added the buy it now button. They did and told me to hurry, and I beat out 10 other people watching it. Coolest seller ever. Lesson learned: make offers with or without the offer function
Old 05-05-2016, 08:57 AM   #8
thecollector80

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlySamurai View Post
lol, poetic justice. The seller told me the auction couldnt be changed or he would take it... yeah.

A while back a seller that I bought a rare statue from put up the second statue from the set but didnt offer the buy it now function on it. I emailed them telling them Id buy it for the same price as the last one if they added the buy it now button. They did and told me to hurry, and I beat out 10 other people watching it. Coolest seller ever. Lesson learned: make offers with or without the offer function
yep been there done that too. you do get great deals that way.