Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 04-02-2020, 10:58 AM   #681
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
They need to confirm if they can add it or not? Do they even come around SF anymore since Jerry left?
The new owners of PCS stopped posting on SF ever since the time when certain members did nothing but bash PCS and comment on PCS CS failure to address refunds, and vent their dislike of the former owner (Jerry M.).
I understand why they don't interact here anymore.

I bet the new owners visit here if only to get a heads up on collectors opinions with regards to new PCS pieces.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 12:13 PM   #682
Blacksunn
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
The new owners of PCS stopped posting on SF ever since the time when certain members did nothing but bash PCS and comment on PCS CS failure to address refunds, and vent their dislike of the former owner (Jerry M.).
I understand why they don't interact here anymore.

I bet the new owners visit here if only to get a heads up on collectors opinions with regards to new PCS pieces.
Those certain members are the ones who PCS has stolen from... Myself included for over $2k... Voicing facts about shady business practices should not be considered bashing imo.

They still monitor the section but do nothing about the money they have not refunded...
Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 12:55 PM   #683
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksunn View Post
Those certain members are the ones who PCS has stolen from... Myself included for over $2k... Voicing facts about shady business practices should not be considered bashing imo.

They still monitor the section but do nothing about the money they have not refunded...
It's not much fun being taken for 2K
Didn't Sideshow offer Sideshow credit instead?
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 04:08 PM   #684
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
It's not much fun being taken for 2K
Didn't Sideshow offer Sideshow credit instead?
Not if you had the refunds pending beforehand or requested cash instead (after SS said they would do credit only). Then SS says PCS has to do it, PCS can't and say SS has to do it. Or if you really press them they say they are currently in a lawsuit with Jerry over that money that was owed for refunds before Ant and Mark took over.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 11:40 AM   #685
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson83 View Post
they likely can't change anything once capcom approves, they're notorious with being strict on approvals.
To the best of my knowledge they actually ARE NOT strict on approvals, they approve basically everything that any company wants to produce using their IPs.

Including products and movies that are absolute garbage.

The only person who’s EVER claimed Capcom was astringent with approvals was Jerry Macaluso.

A notorious liar and excuse maker.

PCS botched 1/4 Alex’s costume terribly, and Jerry told me that Capcom themselves forced them to make the costume that way!

Yet action figures of the same character get the appropriate overalls?

Jerry lied about stuff all the time.
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 02:49 PM   #686
jac1066
Blue Falcon

Love Jerry or hate him this line was always Jerry's art direction, his style. It was about realistic body builder physique's/anatomy on street fighter characters. Without Jerry's art direction it's anybody's guess if this line will follow his vision. From reading the description from Cammy 1:3 I would say PCS has not followed that art direction.

"The Cammy: SF2 Classic 1:3 Scale Statue measures 28” tall in her signature green costume from her debut in Super Street Fighter II. Her muscular physique and overall look are recreated based on in-game models to give fans an accurate, high-fidelity collectible of the second lady of Street Fighter."

PCS put up a poll for collectors to vote on which version of Cammy do you want? SFII won. So I guess Super Nintendo old school/anime was the style that won. If SFV had won I think we would have received something closer to the style of what this line was.

Overall I like Cammy, I think she would look better if PCS would rework the face. I hate the stylized face scar. PCS should offer her with a swap out SFV portrait.
jac1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 02:58 PM   #687
Biggunz
Loki

DAmnnnn you MaCALUSOooooo
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 06:39 PM   #688
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppula View Post
To the best of my knowledge they actually ARE NOT strict on approvals, they approve basically everything that any company wants to produce using their IPs.

Including products and movies that are absolute garbage.

The only person who’s EVER claimed Capcom was astringent with approvals was Jerry Macaluso.

A notorious liar and excuse maker.

PCS botched 1/4 Alex’s costume terribly, and Jerry told me that Capcom themselves forced them to make the costume that way!

Yet action figures of the same character get the appropriate overalls?

Jerry lied about stuff all the time.
Actually Eric, who has no love lost for Jerry, has also had approval and licensing issues with Capcom. Particularly mentioning that some new people were doing approvals 2 years ago and they are more strict.

For example they shot down some poses he wanted to do

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZKULPTOR View Post
Guys,
This will all be ultimately decided by Capcom...whatever they say in the end goes.
Meaning they may or may not like the "come on" pose
They mentioned it is too much and may just want standard pose and dragon punch charging pose with fire fist....
We will see what happens.
However Jerry likely did blame some stuff on Capcom like the Chun eyes. Sure they may have asked them to change the eye direction, but there is no way they asked them to make them googly :P
Old 04-04-2020, 08:48 PM   #689
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Actually Eric, who has no love lost for Jerry, has also had approval and licensing issues with Capcom. Particularly mentioning that some new people were doing approvals 2 years ago and they are more strict.

For example they shot down some poses he wanted to do

However Jerry likely did blame some stuff on Capcom like the Chun eyes. Sure they may have asked them to change the eye direction, but there is no way they asked them to make them googly :P
Jerry never claimed they made him change the direction of Chun li’s eyes.

He claimed they “made him delete her teeth”, when the factory painted her teeth the same color as the lips!

It was obviously a factory error that Jerry was pinning on Capcom. However, I’ll give Jerry some credit on that event, as he did make sure anyone who wanted her repainted was covered.

I no longer follow ProtoTypeZ, but I am a big fan of Erick Sosa. Having said that.... his company is 2nd only in monstrous delays to PCS. And the example you sighted does not imply they are being difficult.

Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 09:47 PM   #690
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppula View Post
Jerry never claimed they made him change the direction of Chun li’s eyes.

He claimed they “made him delete her teeth”, when the factory painted her teeth the same color as the lips!

It was obviously a factory error that Jerry was pinning on Capcom. However, I’ll give Jerry some credit on that event, as he did make sure anyone who wanted her repainted was covered.

I no longer follow ProtoTypeZ, but I am a big fan of Erick Sosa. Having said that.... his company is 2nd only in monstrous delays to PCS. And the example you sighted does not imply they are being difficult.

That example was in response to why they didn't go with another pose and it very specifically says Capcom didn't go for it. Clearly capcom is not just fine with anything :|

Hardly his only time where he said approvals has held things up either

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZKULPTOR View Post
Working on approvals guys.
Capcom is clearly not just rubber stamping everything.

And protoz' delay right now is in putting stuff up for po not delivering what was already put up ;p

I think there was something about the eye direction as well... but could be misremembering.

edit: found it

"- There originally was a small line of white between the lips to represent her teeth. At the last minute Capcom requested we delete this, along with the changes to the paint on her eyes and eyebrows."

Obviously he isn't saying capcom wanted googly eyes, but it does seem like he's trying to shift the blame on the googly eyes onto the changes they wanted.