Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-01-2020, 10:31 AM   #1211
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
I've looked online pretty thoroughly, but does anyone know of any sites online (Domestic or International), that have this in stock AND ship to the US? I'm getting pretty desperate at this point lol .
BBTS and Secret Compass are sold out. But, Midtown Comics seems to have it available and they're in NY. No clue if they're operating right now with the crap going on, but it's at least available on their site.

https://www.midtowncomics.com/product/1854402
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 05:47 PM   #1212
srttoz
Mephisto

Their site just says expect a shipping delay. I wonder how long. Probably better to call them.
srttoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 06:17 PM   #1213
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
BBTS and Secret Compass are sold out. But, Midtown Comics seems to have it available and they're in NY. No clue if they're operating right now with the crap going on, but it's at least available on their site.

Thank you for this. I believe I saw this but passed because “cheapest” shipping is $73.20 + $54.66 tax so that puts it at $737.86 for me. Idk i think i was hoping for atleast somewhere with cheaper shipping.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 06:21 PM   #1214
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
Thank you for this. I believe I saw this but passed because “cheapest” shipping is $73.20 + $54.66 tax so that puts it at $737.86 for me. Idk i think i was hoping for atleast somewhere with cheaper shipping.
Yeah, it's the only one I could find. There are literally none on eBay right now either.
Old 04-01-2020, 06:45 PM   #1215
Infinite GLORY

To buy now at a higher price, or be regretful later lol. Hmmmmm.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 06:45 PM   #1216
srttoz
Mephisto

Shipping is always a -----. With the amount we pay for these pieces I can't believe they don't have better shipping prices for working so closely with their carriers.

@Infinite Glory - If you got on the waitlist I would just be patient for the ex. I think a handful will eventually fall through (they always do b/c of peoples credit cards) especially now with people not working.
Old 04-02-2020, 04:16 PM   #1217
Divo

A cool observation regarding Sabretooth's eyes. The paint applied is not only glossy, but has a "pearly" reflectiveness quality, "capturing" light, it gives the impression that Sabretooth has luminescent pupils! Makes the portraits come alive, and the "eyes/pupils" actually follow your gaze as you pan across the statue. A wickedly cool effect for this beastly masterpiece.

I don't know if SS planned the effect, as Wolverine lacks the same glossy paint finish, and the result is flat. But I really dig the depth this paint app provides, giving life to the work.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 04:28 PM   #1218
srttoz
Mephisto

Yep his eyes are painted to perfection. I do wish they put more gloss on the tongue. Just a minor complaint but it's such a great statue. I look at it every day with him posed towards Wolverine PF and I just smile.
Old 04-02-2020, 04:47 PM   #1219
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by srttoz View Post
Yep his eyes are painted to perfection. I do wish they put more gloss on the tongue. Just a minor complaint but it's such a great statue. I look at it every day with him posed towards Wolverine PF and I just smile.
I was thinking of adding a bit of gloss to his mouth, especially on the standard long haired portrait.
Old 04-02-2020, 05:00 PM   #1220
Power1
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post

that was quick..wishlisted
Power1 is offline   Reply With Quote