Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-02-2020, 12:06 PM   #861
SONICobra
Batman

somewhat off topic but was going through my wish list and orders on sideshow and this being my only active order currently for some reason made me think of this trading card from '93. i almost lost a best friend when i was in third grade because he got this gambit card in a new pack and wouldnt trade me. simpler times...

SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 03:16 PM   #862
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
somewhat off topic but was going through my wish list and orders on sideshow and this being my only active order currently for some reason made me think of this trading card from '93. i almost lost a best friend when i was in third grade because he got this gambit card in a new pack and wouldnt trade me. simpler times...

Hey, it's more on-topic than "multiple streams of income" and "Mr. X"
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 03:48 PM   #863
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

On the topic of Mr X I applaud the guy for taking the time to share his collection and give us a look into the custom world. Thank you Mr X!

What I have learned about customs are great concepts with flexibility to really explore a character but really behind the statue companies on execution. Poor designs, lacking paint applications, and portraits that look like scaled up Lego heads.

Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 04:11 PM   #864
Ginormousthumbs
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post
How come ? Just hate customs or the fact that they are not licensed ?
Not a fan of someone making money on a trademarked property. I would imagine that most customs come from outside of the US where laws are insignificant. To each their own.
Ginormousthumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 09:05 PM   #865
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
What I have learned about customs are great concepts with flexibility to really explore a character but really behind the statue companies on execution. Poor designs, lacking paint applications, and portraits that look like scaled up Lego heads.
This Rogue Sentinel custom...such a cool concept & design, but the portraits aren't great...and my god it's ENORMOUS

IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 09:54 PM   #866
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
This Rogue Sentinel custom...such a cool concept & design, but the portraits aren't great...and my god it's ENORMOUS

Indeed.. the portraits on this one is not so nice. She looks like she is about to collapse tearing that sentinel's neck.. The way I knew Rogue is she destroys sentinel with relative ease and Thats what makes me love the Rogue maquette. Her attitude and smirk while lifting that buzzsaw as if she is just carrying a broomstick.
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 10:21 AM   #867
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

The concept is amazing, but rogue herself is not amazing, i saw a repaint of the portrait and it looks better but over all its not great. The center piece should be rogue, and to me the sentinel is the center piece here as it looks more amazing than her.

I'd love to see if someone could possibly fit SS Rogue right on the chin by some means possible, that would be interesting and really make it amazing.

In the end i rather have a SS Rogue and SS Gambit than have this piece taking up so much real estate in my house. But i'm glad mr x loves it, he has the means to house her.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 11:56 AM   #868
IzeroI
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Very ambitious piece, but yes as others have said the portraits are awful (very caveman like) and rogue herself wasn't very well done.

Lewis did the best he could with the repaint but those heads need resculpting
IzeroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 11:57 AM   #869
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by IzeroI View Post
Very ambitious piece, but yes as others have said the portraits are awful (very caveman like) and rogue herself wasn't very well done.

Lewis did the best he could with the repaint but those heads need resculpting
Are you talking about the giant custom piece where her faces all look like she's taking a huge painful sh*t? If so, no amount of repaint can help those ugly portraits.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 12:29 PM   #870
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

The concept looks amazing. I think the sentinel sculpt looks great and ambitious. Even Rogue’s body and costume looks decent but that portrait....yeesh
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote