Statue Forum 





StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

» Spotlight
DGK HMO Megaman X Zero CWallker Queen Studios Thanos Bust DGK F4F Castlevania Alucard Exclusive Comic Soon:
Clay Moore - Inside Stories
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2012, 02:45 PM   #1501
Old Man Logan
U talkin' to me?
 
Old Man Logan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Delaware
Posts: 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Lover View Post
Erik,

Who will be the next X-Force character? I hope to see Domino or Famorex(sp?).
I would kill for a fantomex.....I mean literally
Old Man Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:32 AM   #1502
dr_teng
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klear Knives View Post
Where did you find link for upcoming statues. I've been looking but no luck
I did some coverage for my site, here :

New York Toy Fair statue coverage

Bowen Collector : They announced the complete Justice League from the New 52, a Dark Knight (movie) Batman, and a Batman vs Joker Dark Knight Returns diorama. So they announced almost 10 DC statues versus the 1 new Bishoujo they announced, that's a lot.

As for 1/10th scale, they've been doing Star Wars statues in 1/10th for a long time and people consider those statues and not action figures. I'd be surprised if they didn't have a few larger DC statues in the works though.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:27 AM   #1503
speedline
Frackin!
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 22
Why in the world are the Justice League New 52 statues going to be 1/10 scale? Ugh, what a shame-- would have been awesome sellers too.
speedline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:42 AM   #1504
UsagiYojimbo
Sey hallo to my lille fren!
 
UsagiYojimbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_teng View Post
As for 1/10th scale, they've been doing Star Wars statues in 1/10th for a long time and people consider those statues and not action figures. I'd be surprised if they didn't have a few larger DC statues in the works though.
Well, I just received my Kotobukiya ARTFX Ahsoka Tano and was a little disappointed at the size. Though she looks great, action figure size is an accurate description. If I would have paid more that $46 for her, I'd been a bit mad.
UsagiYojimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:11 AM   #1505
jansen
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.
 
jansen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Lover View Post
Erik,

Who will be the next X-Force character? I hope to see Domino or Famorex(sp?).
I am guessing the next X-force character is Wolverine.
But a new sculpt
jansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 03:05 AM   #1506
Comicbookguy
Hercules
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: almost homeless no money left
Posts: 14,482
Hi is there any chance we can get some Bishoujo anime characters? Me and alot of others want for example bubble gum crisis 2040 characters. Maybe?
Comicbookguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:49 AM   #1507
Bowen Collector
A day without sunshine is like... night.
 
Bowen Collector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_teng View Post
I did some coverage for my site, here :

New York Toy Fair statue coverage

Bowen Collector : They announced the complete Justice League from the New 52, a Dark Knight (movie) Batman, and a Batman vs Joker Dark Knight Returns diorama. So they announced almost 10 DC statues versus the 1 new Bishoujo they announced, that's a lot.

As for 1/10th scale, they've been doing Star Wars statues in 1/10th for a long time and people consider those statues and not action figures. I'd be surprised if they didn't have a few larger DC statues in the works though.
Unfortunately the list you have here is made up of two statues and a series of 7" statues. I'm sorry but I don't consider anything in that scale to be a statue but that's my opinion. If that's all we have to look forward to from the DC line right now I'm disappointed.
Bowen Collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:16 AM   #1508
Shadowfax
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
 
Shadowfax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: 5th dimension
Posts: 1,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowen Collector View Post
If that's all we have to look forward to from the DC line right now I'm disappointed.
agreed...at 1/10th scale, i won't even give these a second look
don't understand Koto's decision on this...the market is screaming for decent 1/6 scale DC statues

what a wasted opportunity
Shadowfax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:13 PM   #1509
gonk
Kotobukiya Rep
Producer
 
gonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Torrance, CA
Posts: 1,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger69 View Post
agreed...at 1/10th scale, i won't even give these a second look
don't understand Koto's decision on this...the market is screaming for decent 1/6 scale DC statues

what a wasted opportunity
The ARTFX+ (1/10 scale) collection is only one direction we're exploring with our DC license. We'll have plenty of other options for collectors in the coming months.
__________________
gonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:17 PM   #1510
gonk
Kotobukiya Rep
Producer
 
gonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Torrance, CA
Posts: 1,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicksplode View Post
I have a question about the upcoming re-release of the Jim Lee Batman ArtFX statue. The promo pic makes it look as though there's a seam where the bicep and deltoid meet:



Does that mean this version is going to require assembly like most ArtFX statues, or is it still one contiguous statue like the previous two versions?
All DC ARTFX and ARTFX+ statues will come fully assembled and ready for display out of their box. As for the Batman images those are early prototype shots, all seams will be addressed in the final piece.
__________________
gonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

Prototypezstudios

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:27 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com