Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 07-17-2016, 02:27 PM   #401
B@ttle C@t
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Seriously, I've also considered dumping my preorder of the combo set. But I know I'll kick myself, cuz it's gonna be amazing. I've been pleading for months, I wish Jerry would do something similar to Matty Collector did for some of there subscription toy lines, as well as Castle Grayskull. Set up a goal with a minimum threshold of preorders. If a certain amount of preorders aren't achieved then the set doesn't go into production. Jerry can hold the monies in Pay Pal, if doesn't make goal, refund everybody. Not sure of the legal or logistics of this but I wish he would let us know.
B@ttle C@t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 11:05 PM   #402
KELPIE
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by foots View Post
My problem is with stating the MOTU license is not being renewed due to "soft sales." That puts the blame on buyers or the lack thereof. I don't buy it.
I love ya foots and keep up the good fight.

However my take on the soft sales isn't so much that sales dropped. Lets be honest, the sales of the MOTU line were never comparable to that of SF or MK.

I think Jerry was happy enough with the sales to keep the line going but then external factors made those sales not seem as strong, even without needing to put out another pre-order.

One could be negotiating the license renewal, maybe Mattel pushed the price up higher which meant that the project wasn't feasible anymore.

Another one could be the fact that Capcom was putting pressure on PCS to pump out more product for SF. With that in mind resources couldn't be spared for a pet project like MOTU.

Either way, I'm sad it's gone, there were a lot of characters we didn't get to for Filmation and we didn't even get to see the potential of classics. However we do know that this was a personal project for Jerry and I think he would have kept it going if he could.

The one thing I don't get is, if you had a half finished Mer-Man, surely you take a punt and finish it, unless it's an issue with tying up factory time for production?
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 01:06 PM   #403
BDoggWhite
Birdman

Ugh...and revival of 80's cartoon previewed Wednesday at SDCC:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zatw9jgnylo
BDoggWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 01:13 PM   #404
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
I love ya foots and keep up the good fight.

However my take on the soft sales isn't so much that sales dropped. Lets be honest, the sales of the MOTU line were never comparable to that of SF or MK.

I think Jerry was happy enough with the sales to keep the line going but then external factors made those sales not seem as strong, even without needing to put out another pre-order.

One could be negotiating the license renewal, maybe Mattel pushed the price up higher which meant that the project wasn't feasible anymore.

Another one could be the fact that Capcom was putting pressure on PCS to pump out more product for SF. With that in mind resources couldn't be spared for a pet project like MOTU.

Either way, I'm sad it's gone, there were a lot of characters we didn't get to for Filmation and we didn't even get to see the potential of classics. However we do know that this was a personal project for Jerry and I think he would have kept it going if he could.

The one thing I don't get is, if you had a half finished Mer-Man, surely you take a punt and finish it, unless it's an issue with tying up factory time for production?
That's kinda my feeling too.

Maybe Mer-Man required renewing the license at a considerable cost.

Sad so much was riding on She-Ra. Next to He-Man she was probably the most requested character but the statue just didn't hit the marks to get people to go nuts.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 07:45 AM   #405
bObA_fEtt_Ox
Hydra

Is there any PCS announcement at the SDCC ?
I am wondering since Sideshow didn't announce anything new for MOTU, if Jerry could keep going with the Filmation and Mixed Media lines.
bObA_fEtt_Ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 08:25 AM   #406
johnclone
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
This is going to be epic.

johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 11:22 AM   #407
bObA_fEtt_Ox
Hydra

Hey Jerry please change your mind !
That will be rocket sales for sure !!!

We are a lof wanting this and even with the sideshow skeletor, there is no Panthor to go with.
And I am sure your skeletor will be way different than sideshow and a lot of collectors will buy yours even if they buy ss one.
For example I bought your skeletor and ss skeletor and I will buy any other skeletor you will make.
bObA_fEtt_Ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 06:50 AM   #408
Darkhumor
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Such a shame this is dead in the water. PCS mixed media He-Man & BC remind me of the Mattel action figures, which is an indicator, since Mattels Motu toy line sells so well. Without taking that risk, we'll never know if this line could have taken off and been something special.
Darkhumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 07:21 AM   #409
addic
The X-Men

You can't say that enough: It's so disappointing that Jerry decided to not make Skeletor / Panthor as companion pieces. For me, too, this He-Man is the absolutely perfect representation of the 90s action figure. Nothing gets even close.

I won't ever understand that move because I am absolutely sure that it would have sold. And even if it wouldn't have been an extremely financial success (highly doubt that), there wouldn't be that considerable damage to PCS's image because of disappointed customers.

I am really looking forward to my He-Man / BC combo but I just don't get over but getting Skeletor.
addic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 07:39 AM   #410
Darkhumor
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by addic View Post
You can't say that enough: It's so disappointing that Jerry decided to not make Skeletor / Panthor as companion pieces. For me, too, this He-Man is the absolutely perfect representation of the 90s action figure. Nothing gets even close.

I won't ever understand that move because I am absolutely sure that it would have sold. And even if it wouldn't have been an extremely financial success (highly doubt that), there wouldn't be that considerable damage to PCS's image because of disappointed customers.

I am really looking forward to my He-Man / BC combo but I just don't get over but getting Skeletor.
Skeletor/Panthor would have sold well. Probably better than He-Man/BC. I have no doubt about that.
There's been an overwhelmingly positive response to the idea. Villains- especially bad ass, detailed looking ones, are always hot sellers. Just like T&A with the female statues. I dunno. I think this one should still be fought over, especially since PCS still has the license until the end of the year.
Darkhumor is offline   Reply With Quote