Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

View Poll Results: Would you want Mer-man in Filmation line as the last statue ?
YES 38 70.37%
NO 16 29.63%
Another character ( which one ? ) 0 0%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-12-2016, 12:58 AM   #21
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by foots View Post
Logic would suggest, based on your own post, that not all potential buyers are voting.

If you're truly concerned about license performance based on forum activity, I suggest you head on over to the Sons of Anarchy preorder thread.
Logic would also suggest that if a group wants something to happen that requires partcipation they find a way to coordinate that participation in their favor.

As for Sons of Anarchy, what does that have to do with what is being said here?
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 01:48 AM   #22
bObA_fEtt_Ox
Hydra

Quote:
Logic would suggest, based on your own post, that not all potential buyers are voting.

If you're truly concerned about license performance based on forum activity, I suggest you head on over to the Sons of Anarchy preorder thread.
I agree.

And for sure I won't go to vote on any other poll thread for a line I do not care.
That's no sense to me.
I won't vote NO because I want Jerry to spend more time on the line I collect.
I respect the choices of other people who collecto other lines I do not like.

Also there is absolutely no possible comparison between the number of collectors who voted and the number of potential buyers.
A LOT of collectors are not registered on forums, a lot of them who are though do not care about voting.

On he-man.org, Motuc Classics sell pretty well for almost 10 years.
Apparently when they produce a figure they make at least 10,000.
But on every single poll thread "only 150/200" collectors voted and only for long time posted poll thread.
bObA_fEtt_Ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 10:15 AM   #23
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Okay, maybe I'm not explaining my thought process clear enough.
It's not about how many buyers are not on these forums, it's about how many there are.
If I go back through the Filmation he-man threads I'm positive I'm going to find more than 29 buyers of the line on these forums. I'd estimate that at least 100-150 MOTU buyers are here.

What this poll is asking PCS to do is start production on a statue with the support of the Forum buyers. In other words, they're going to show support by saying the people who vote yes will buy.

All I'm saying is if you want a positive reaction from a company to produce something that would generally be considered in the 3rd tier of line the support you would need might have to be a little more enthusiastic and coordinated to get it done.

All this is kind of moot because the line, according to Jerry, seems dead. But maybe it's something to consider with the next line people want more of.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 08:22 PM   #24
MOTU_Maniac
U talkin' to me?

Mer-Man was/is my most wanted (along with Whiplash), but I don't see it happening unfortunately.
MOTU_Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 10:53 PM   #25
KELPIE
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
It's not about how many buyers are not on these forums, it's about how many there are.
If I go back through the Filmation he-man threads I'm positive I'm going to find more than 29 buyers of the line on these forums. I'd estimate that at least 100-150 MOTU buyers are here.
There were never that many MOTU buyers in this forum. Maybe from the "He-Man & Skeletor only" crowd.

That said, even if there were more fans in this forum, the announcement of it's discontinuation would likely result in most leaving the forum.

Quote:
What this poll is asking PCS to do is start production on a statue with the support of the Forum buyers. In other words, they're going to show support by saying the people who vote yes will buy.

All I'm saying is if you want a positive reaction from a company to produce something that would generally be considered in the 3rd tier of line the support you would need might have to be a little more enthusiastic and coordinated to get it done.

All this is kind of moot because the line, according to Jerry, seems dead. But maybe it's something to consider with the next line people want more of.
I doubt you'd get 150 or more individual votes for any MK character and maybe even any SF character on these forums.
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 02:15 AM   #26
bObA_fEtt_Ox
Hydra

I am 100% sure if Jerry shows us a drawing of Mer-man and bases pre orders on this he will get enough sales to start the production.

And with Mer-man success I am also sure he would consider again to keep the Filmation line going.
bObA_fEtt_Ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 07:38 AM   #27
Lorde Trooper
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post
I am 100% sure if Jerry shows us a drawing of Mer-man and bases pre orders on this he will get enough sales to start the production.

And with Mer-man success I am also sure he would consider again to keep the Filmation line going.
You know what, i believe if Jerry did what you said and then back it up with a ""if mer-man sells well if enough there will be another "" then i think we would hit the pre-order quota. To be honest though im unsure if Jerry even has the license now for the filmation line.
Lorde Trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 03:11 AM   #28
Aaron76
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorde Trooper View Post
You know what, i believe if Jerry did what you said and then back it up with a ""if mer-man sells well if enough there will be another "" then i think we would hit the pre-order quota. To be honest though im unsure if Jerry even has the license now for the filmation line.
Apparently he still has the licence until the end of this year
Aaron76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 11:32 PM   #29
AnRcoZappatlst
Frackin!

Painful:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
Our MOTU license will expire this year and we wont be renewing it as sales are too soft.
Doubly painful, knowing that Mer-Man was supposed to be up next:
Quote:
The next one up is a denizen of the Crystal Sea.
AnRcoZappatlst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 11:53 PM   #30
AnRcoZappatlst
Frackin!

Quote:

Well, your post inspired me to go ahead and conduct a study of the correlation between poll/thread activity and purchases of PCS MOTU Statues. And I have good news. Based on my numbers, here is a conservative estimate of Mer-Man sales:

Mer-Man EX, Edition Size 300: Sold Out within 25 minutes.

Mer-Man Retail, Edition Size 750: Sold Out within 72 hours.
AnRcoZappatlst is offline   Reply With Quote