Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 02-02-2018, 03:03 PM   #471
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I've been reading the on-going Thanos comic, specifically issue 14 and 15, and it is SO well done. They are doing a great job doing the character justice. The first page of issue #14 is one of my favourite single pages in recent memory.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 04:23 PM   #472
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Marvel 2 in One

After my disappointment in Mark Waid’s lackluster start on Captain America, well, I was beginning to think Marvel couldn’t produce anymore great ongoing series beyond Jason Aaron’s The Mighty Thor.

Enter...Marvel 2 in One! Only two issues in but this book, about Ben and Johnny’s search for Reed, Sue and children, is an absolute delight! The writing and characterizations are absolutely spot on and the art is stunning.

Thank you, Marvel. Along with returning Captain America to his tried and true pre-MCU look and feel (I hope Waid’s stories improve), with this book you’re showing that you may actually be returning storytelling to what made you great and built your franchise in the first place!
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 06:42 PM   #473
protector2814
Phoenix

Couldn't agree with you more, Joe. I Love This Book!!!
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 02:59 AM   #474
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Blame! vol. 1-6 by Tsutomu Nihei

Let me tell you something first, i couldn't survive in the Blame! world like 15 minutes... They invented incredible things, it was a Cyberpunk manga but they couldn't invent railings for some reason. There were these mega structures of an endless city which was made out of parts called stratas and there wasn't one single railing at the side of the stairs or bridges in anywhere... lol i would fall... lol

Kidding asside it was an incredible manga... Mangaka prefer to tell the story mostly by art, there isn't much dialogue so it's a very fast read. The action is very well executed, the amount of it is so perfect. The main character Kyrii was in the search of a something called Net Terminal Gene, the persons who had the Net Terminal Gene could axcess to the netsphere and put everything back to normal. The whole city of mega structure of stratas was in chaos and only the human with Net Terminal Gene could put a stop to this. There were beings called Silicon Life (they are kind of like cyborgs) who thrived on this chaos so they didn't want anyone to find the human with Net Terminal Gene, so they killed all the humans that they could find... And There were safeguards, probably a security mechanism went wrong which was killing all the humans without Net Terminal Gene... Kyrii and later on an ally Cibo fought against them to protect the humans while they were searching for the Human or Humans with the Net Terminal Gene.

It's uncertain that how long Kyrii was on a quest to find the human with The Net Terminal Gene. He's very determant, iron willed, strong silent type. My favoriet type of character. lol They never complain and don't think anything other then the job or quest at hand. Kyrii's journey was kind of melencolic one because of the empty vast space he dwelled in... It was so lonely... And in the end he was alone... still trying to achive the quest... :/ that was so sad... :/ don't get me wrong, it was a well done end but a bit confusing. I also liked that many things left unclear, i'm glad that we don't have encyclopedic information about everything in the end. I prefer this mystery on many things about the world of Blame! to that.

The art was raw and sketchy. It was suiting about a world which has many unknown things about.

The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 12:36 AM   #475
Soultaker
Doh!

I recently finished the Deadpool/Cable Omnibus. These two characters are a great duo. Wanted to read this in celebration for DP 2 coming up...hope to see some references to this series.

I feel it started strong and stayed that way for at least the first 20 issues. Then had some dips that seemed hard to keep up with. Cable is a very serious and heroic character but he has a good enough sense of humor to put up with Deadpool. I enjoyed the writing for Deadpool throughout the series. Lots of hilarious references and laugh out loud moments. Of course you might have to tap into that more childish sense of humor but if you can’t do that then why are ya reading Deadpool?!? The series ended strong IMO and is a must read for Deadpool fans.
Soultaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 02:35 PM   #476
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
Couldn't agree with you more, Joe. I Love This Book!!!
Issue 3 was just as strong! I love the reveal to Ben and Johnny at the end. This book feels like the best of the Fantastic Four (superheroes, imaginauts but, most of all, family linked in every way), without actually being an FF title. Thank goodness!
Old 02-17-2018, 06:38 PM   #477
protector2814
Phoenix

Yeah, I liked #3 very much. I've read a review this week, I believe on CBR, that said that the two additions (not the villain) in issue 3 might be considered as the 2 additional members of a new FF. WTH!?!, I didn't gather this at all! How I'm reading this lil' guest-spots in the new 2-in-1, is more of an homage & a continuation of Ben's original 2-in-1 book form the 70's & 80's. At least, that's what it feels like to me. Like we/& others have been saying about this new book, it's a real throw-back that feels like it's really leading somewhere ... that also feels modern & pertinent. I'm starting to feel, that in just 3 months, this book may very well be the best one Marvel is now putting out.
Old 02-17-2018, 11:50 PM   #478
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
Yeah, I liked #3 very much. I've read a review this week, I believe on CBR, that said that the two additions (not the villain) in issue 3 might be considered as the 2 additional members of a new FF. WTH!?!, I didn't gather this at all! How I'm reading this lil' guest-spots in the new 2-in-1, is more of an homage & a continuation of Ben's original 2-in-1 book form the 70's & 80's. At least, that's what it feels like to me. Like we/& others have been saying about this new book, it's a real throw-back that feels like it's really leading somewhere ... that also feels modern & pertinent. I'm starting to feel, that in just 3 months, this book may very well be the best one Marvel is now putting out.
I read the same review. I’m not buying that train of thought. This may, in fact, short term, be what happens but I can’t see this storyline going any direction than the reunion and return of the tried and true Fantastic Four.

And, I agree that, along with Jason Aaron’s The Mighty Thor, this is one of the two best books Marvel’s producing today.
Old 02-26-2018, 04:30 AM   #479
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

My Lesbian Experience with Loneliness 10/10

I have seen it on the best seller list at where i usually get my manga for a while now and finally got it out of curiosity.

It was about an unfulfilled life after highschool to 28 years old. When the mangaka turned 28 she realised that she avoided sex till now cause she was conserned about what her parents would think about her... She over came that and hired an escord and had her first lesbian experiance. It is a true story about the mangaka. A really human story, she told about her bleak life, how she stragulled till the point of hiring an escord and finally writting the manga about it and doing an fulfilling thing for the first time with it. Finally having some success.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 11:18 AM   #480
protector2814
Phoenix

Creepy Presents Richard Corben -

So nice to sit down w/ a Guinness & read Richard Corben stories that don't end in just a few minutes. This book is gorgeous although it is far from complete, missing some classic Corben' tales that really need revisiting in hopefully, a follow-up. Still, we get 340 pages of excellent, mostly Warren, Corben' shorts & arcs here ... w/ no bad ones (not sure if there's ever been a bad Corben' illustrated story).