Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 07-04-2023, 04:04 AM   #11
iceprince_x
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnicornPegasus View Post
Love this sculpt, but the peg in mine's right foot is bent, so she won't go into the base, and that then makes the left foot rise up out of it's hole/indentation too. They gave me $20 back in credit, I'm gonna have to see if I can mod the base to camouflage the rods and make it look less wonky. It's a beauty though.
I have an issue too. The lower foot peg doesn?t reach the keyhole by a few centimetres. I tried all techniques so the only way to make it work is to put her lower foot in front and slightly wedge it to the base to prevent her from wonking too much.

I am talking to the seller for a possible replacement. I really want her in my collection.
iceprince_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2023, 01:45 PM   #12
UnicornPegasus
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceprince_x View Post
I have an issue too. The lower foot peg doesn?t reach the keyhole by a few centimetres. I tried all techniques so the only way to make it work is to put her lower foot in front and slightly wedge it to the base to prevent her from wonking too much.

I am talking to the seller for a possible replacement. I really want her in my collection.
Yeah, they first tried to have me use the hot water/hair dryer trick to bend her legs, but that did not work for mine. They did offer a return/repalcement, but I'm immunocompromised, so I still can't safely go into any companies/building spaces, so I just took the credit option instead of a replacement. It's worth it to me to stay safe and just take the discount. I can work to camouflage it, but if you had a similar issue I wonder if they'll all have this issue...
UnicornPegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2023, 03:31 AM   #13
iceprince_x
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnicornPegasus View Post
Yeah, they first tried to have me use the hot water/hair dryer trick to bend her legs, but that did not work for mine. They did offer a return/repalcement, but I'm immunocompromised, so I still can't safely go into any companies/building spaces, so I just took the credit option instead of a replacement. It's worth it to me to stay safe and just take the discount. I can work to camouflage it, but if you had a similar issue I wonder if they'll all have this issue...
This is how I displayed mine. Kinda wobbly but secured by the long peg. I took the partial refund. They can?t guarantee the other statue to have no issue. Still happy to get her.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6536.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	209.4 KB
ID:	163022  
iceprince_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2023, 10:45 AM   #14
sith_apprentice
The Avengers

Just got around to taking some pictures of my room. She looks great!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	art yours statue iron studios marvel lady deathstrike.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	310.9 KB
ID:	165599  
sith_apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote