Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 08-28-2023, 03:40 AM   #21
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1 View Post
Agree, that's one of the Iron biggest problems, they are too much about themselves and not about the original art or model, they always think they could do better, lacks humility............

Not sure I'd go that far in my criticism but they definitely don't hold my attention anymore. I think it's been over a year since I watched Iron studios live streaming.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 11:12 AM   #22
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

I don't necessarily agree with the criticism No1 said. If you look at their X-men vs. Sentinel Dioramas, those pieces are very faithful to the original art. They have been one of the only officially licensed studios to give customers pieces to things like Willy Wonka, KISS, The Phantom, Wizard of Oz, Elvis, etc. Very obscure lines. All the art has been faithful. Even looking back at their old school Marvel comics pieces, the ones that had the standard black bases before they started doing intricate bases, those as well are very faithful to the comics.

I think this "unleashed" line is their way to take liberties with the art, and maybe let the artists of these be a little more "free" with their designs. Just hasn't worked out for whatever reason. Very inconsistent with the sculpts and choices. Idk if their is a way to see the sculptors on the IS pieces similar to how you can view that info on Sideshow's pieces, but I'd be very interested to see who did what and who is their cream of the crop sculptors. Seems IS still needs a few more trusted people and needs to get rid of some that still need lots of practice. Especially if you are charging the customer $200+. These should be sculpted well.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 02:28 AM   #23
alshadow
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I much prefer Wolverine's brown suit in general but yeah, this piece is a dud.
alshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 10:46 PM   #24
Agent23
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

The unmasked portrait is really bad, in my opinion. And his thighs are way too big.

Easy pass. I’ll just stick with their Batman unleashed. Cyclops also looks good.
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2023, 06:12 PM   #25
sith_apprentice
The Avengers

Hmm, maybe. I'm a sucker for Wolverine with a sword, but I just dropped 200 bucks a few months ago for the Iron Studios yellow and blue. I fell in love with it because it had that Marvel vs Capcom feel, but it was hard to find. Stumbled across it at a comic store here in Houston and bit.
sith_apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2023, 12:27 PM   #26
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sith_apprentice View Post
Hmm, maybe. I'm a sucker for Wolverine with a sword, but I just dropped 200 bucks a few months ago for the Iron Studios yellow and blue. I fell in love with it because it had that Marvel vs Capcom feel, but it was hard to find. Stumbled across it at a comic store here in Houston and bit.
The yellow blue was really good. I like that Wolverine the best so far sculpt wise. I just really hated the pose. I do get the MvC vibe you speak of, but to me it only made since on the actual Sentinel 1 Dio. As a standalone piece it looked silly to me. Wish he was just standing up on a base.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote