Statue Forum 


XM Studios





StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2018, 12:01 PM   #101
cyberpunk12
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change
 
cyberpunk12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 858
Keith, that's a fantastic display... years in the making. The Trinity looks great up front but all that Bowen Marvel goodness is spectacular! I tried searching for your collection thread but couldn't find it... if you have more pics posted, I'd love to check them out.

Speaking of prices, I couldn't help but notice how well busts have been selling of late... I haven't been watching them like I used to. Back in April, it looks like everything was selling... even the old busts with runs in the thousands (like the first Spider-Man, Green Goblin, Daredevil, or Wolverine).

Just checked out prices on pieces like Arcade, Ronan, Satana, Air Walker, and others... wow! That's nice to see... after the final Vault sales, I never thought we'd see good secondary prices again.
cyberpunk12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 01:22 PM   #102
nbr3bagshotrow
Mod of the Rings
Super Moderator
 
nbr3bagshotrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Shire
Posts: 33,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpunk12 View Post
Keith, that's a fantastic display... years in the making. The Trinity looks great up front but all that Bowen Marvel goodness is spectacular! I tried searching for your collection thread but couldn't find it... if you have more pics posted, I'd love to check them out.

Speaking of prices, I couldn't help but notice how well busts have been selling of late... I haven't been watching them like I used to. Back in April, it looks like everything was selling... even the old busts with runs in the thousands (like the first Spider-Man, Green Goblin, Daredevil, or Wolverine).

Just checked out prices on pieces like Arcade, Ronan, Satana, Air Walker, and others... wow! That's nice to see... after the final Vault sales, I never thought we'd see good secondary prices again.

Video:


http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=161375
__________________
The damn thing's invisible!
nbr3bagshotrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 02:36 PM   #103
Subby1938
I don't have a solution but I admire the problem.
Adamantium Plus Member
 
Subby1938's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Stoney Creek, Canada
Posts: 2,511
Wow I watched that video your collection is beautiful. I love how you bought what you loved the most because that’s what matters in the end
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 02:42 PM   #104
Mister H
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.
 
Mister H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: High Hrothgar
Posts: 1,956
Wow, and I thought you had a lot of stuff just in the Bowen section. Impressive.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 02:57 PM   #105
nbr3bagshotrow
Mod of the Rings
Super Moderator
 
nbr3bagshotrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Shire
Posts: 33,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
Wow I watched that video your collection is beautiful. I love how you bought what you loved the most because thatís what matters in the end
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Wow, and I thought you had a lot of stuff just in the Bowen section. Impressive.
Thanks guys!
__________________
The damn thing's invisible!
nbr3bagshotrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 05:50 PM   #106
Mal Strife
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.
 
Mal Strife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 323
Just read through this whole thread because it caught my eye. I started with Bowen FS statues and couldn't afford much when I did. But it was around 2013 and everything I bought has held it's value or increased quite a bit, which really surprises me every time I check sold listing on the Bay.

And for those talking about enjoying the hunt, I agree. I recently went back home to visit my parents in the middle of nowhere and had a day to hang out with friends. We just drove around to a bunch of different comic shops. One of them had about 60 Bowens (FS and mini-busts) from the last few years he was in business, including some of the variants you could only get through Bowen's site (I was never part of that service). The surprising part: all were 10% below MSRP. Including Kingpin, Black Widow variant, Scarlet Witch Variant, X-Force Jean, M.O.D.O.K. etc.... I impulse bought a lot, lol.
Mal Strife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 06:08 PM   #107
Philintheblank
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.
 
Philintheblank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: ________
Posts: 1,210
Very cool collection you've got there nbr3bagshotrow. Always nice to see a setup with some variation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal Strife View Post
Just read through this whole thread because it caught my eye. I started with Bowen FS statues and couldn't afford much when I did. But it was around 2013 and everything I bought has held it's value or increased quite a bit, which really surprises me every time I check sold listing on the Bay.

And for those talking about enjoying the hunt, I agree. I recently went back home to visit my parents in the middle of nowhere and had a day to hang out with friends. We just drove around to a bunch of different comic shops. One of them had about 60 Bowens (FS and mini-busts) from the last few years he was in business, including some of the variants you could only get through Bowen's site (I was never part of that service). The surprising part: all were 10% below MSRP. Including Kingpin, Black Widow variant, Scarlet Witch Variant, X-Force Jean, M.O.D.O.K. etc.... I impulse bought a lot, lol.
Nice, I don't blame you. Always a bit of a rush finding the deals.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 06:31 PM   #108
Subby1938
I don't have a solution but I admire the problem.
Adamantium Plus Member
 
Subby1938's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Stoney Creek, Canada
Posts: 2,511
Even though prices can be high at times there are great deals out there I won Sandman Classic full-size today for 500.00 Canadian shipped off eBay. He’s normally very pricey
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 07:09 PM   #109
COI
...
Super Moderator
 
COI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 5,887
I'm not surprised to see prices rise.

I got out of Bowens a long time ago, but as time passes I appreciate the line more and more. I don't think we'll ever see a company more committed to the source material, or more willing to invest in a single property with the kind of depth and breadth we saw with this line.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 07:28 PM   #110
nbr3bagshotrow
Mod of the Rings
Super Moderator
 
nbr3bagshotrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Shire
Posts: 33,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
I'm not surprised to see prices rise.

I got out of Bowens a long time ago, but as time passes I appreciate the line more and more. I don't think we'll ever see a company more committed to the source material, or more willing to invest in a single property with the kind of depth and breadth we saw with this line.
Amen!


we will see in a few years but Chad and Tweeterhead seem to be of a similar mindset as Randy Bowen.
__________________
The damn thing's invisible!
nbr3bagshotrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

Prototypezstudios

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:28 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com