Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-14-2017, 06:42 PM   #1651
thekillerpotato
Frackin!

Noob here. Have a question I was wondering if the more experienced Sideshow buyers could help with.

I bought the Captain Marvel exclusive and part of the base didn't fit the alien head. I was able to return it and the replacement, a piece of Captain Marvels regular hair is broken off. They now tell me they sold out of the exclusive and to go buy glue to fix it myself.

What are my options?
I was hoping to ask them that it's the regular head and they should have more to send me replacement.

I was even thinking of asking them about the head from the one I returned to them.

Any suggestions would be welcome in how to interact with their CSR.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1211.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	127.9 KB
ID:	102615   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1212.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	154.8 KB
ID:	102616  
thekillerpotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 09:11 PM   #1652
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekillerpotato View Post
Noob here. Have a question I was wondering if the more experienced Sideshow buyers could help with.

I bought the Captain Marvel exclusive and part of the base didn't fit the alien head. I was able to return it and the replacement, a piece of Captain Marvels regular hair is broken off. They now tell me they sold out of the exclusive and to go buy glue to fix it myself.

What are my options?
I was hoping to ask them that it's the regular head and they should have more to send me replacement.

I was even thinking of asking them about the head from the one I returned to them.

Yes so if you return a ex head in good condition why can they not give you that one? They do have the one in good condition you returned. But sometimes after strike 2 they would just say no more because they don't want to deal with then shipping cost a third time imo. Sometimes we all see when they said no more then members are still getting them weeks later when an issue arises after they said no more. Happened to mostly all of us before.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 09:43 PM   #1653
iCollect
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

They shipped you a broken head then told you to go out and buy glue to fix it yourself?!!!
iCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 10:11 PM   #1654
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:

What are my options?

Unless this is one of your all time favorite characters and you simply cannot live without the EX portrait return it and get a full refund. I don't play those games. I don't care how small the damage is.

Did they even offer you their infamous "partial refund"?
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 10:31 PM   #1655
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

They can take the 30$ partial and shove it. Return it or live with the awesome QC. Sorry. There wishy washy QC is aggravating as heck. Such a great piece- how easily it can be ruined by cheap carelessness.
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 03:33 AM   #1656
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:

What are my options?

From my experience SideShow are good when it comes to customer service.
My Captain Marvel EX arrived in perfect shape. I had some issues with Catwoman PF, and SideShow have been great.

What fails to make sense, you mention the regular head is 'broken' and SideShow said they are 'out of the exclusive' head. It almost sounds like SideShow did not understand the email you sent to them. If the regular head is broken, why did you not mention this when sorting out the exclusive head problem?
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 08:58 AM   #1657
thekillerpotato
Frackin!

YEah I've had good experience with them in the past. I almost wanted to keep the first one but one of the alien head parts wouldn't fit for the life of me. I emailed to ask why they wouldn't have more of the regular head and if they had the regular head of my return.

I'll keep you guys updated. Thx for all the advice! I was going to tell them if they fix this, I was planning to get the hulk wolverine maquette.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
My Captain Marvel EX arrived in perfect shape. I had some issues with Catwoman PF, and SideShow have been great.

What fails to make sense, you mention the regular head is 'broken' and SideShow said they are 'out of the exclusive' head. It almost sounds like SideShow did not understand the email you sent to them. If the regular head is broken, why did you not mention this when sorting out the exclusive head problem?
Old 03-15-2017, 08:59 AM   #1658
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
If the regular head is broken, why did you not mention this when sorting out the exclusive head problem?
The regular head was okay on the first statue they sent him. It was the replacement that had a regular head with a piece of her hair broken off.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 09:19 AM   #1659
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:

Yeah SSC is pretty good when it comes to CS. I think there was some kind of communication problem.
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 10:08 AM   #1660
thekillerpotato
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecollector80 View Post
Yeah SSC is pretty good when it comes to CS. I think there was some kind of communication problem.

I think they are swamped as they seem to be way more busy. On another note, the new statues seem to have less parts so less likely to break.