Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 05-27-2017, 10:59 PM   #91
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

When Level52 started down the path with Cat Girl I questioned thier ability to deliver. I still do. Odin hasn't made me feel a lot better. When I saw it, I thought it was cool. I personally like the sweeping shoulders, it reminds me of Warhammer Fantasy. It's got a lot of details and a pretty kick ass paint job. When I saw the $700 price tag I wasn't too surprised. But I didn't PO it for obvious reasons. And I think that's what's killing them on this piece. Everyone says they like it and it looks great, but it's just not thier cup of tea.
First, I think people are right, mythology pieces don't sell well. Now you have a Norse piece... even less popular. Now throw on top of that, it's not Thor. That's three strikes.
I think the same bad fortune will hit them with the Frazetta pieces. It's a limited market for that license. It's a physically big piece and the T&A is all wrong (Frazetta fans might be apprehensive about showing a fully nude girl and T&A fans are bulking and saying she's fat). ARH couldn't move the stuff and Level52 is following the same steps. The only thing they are doing better is that they are releasing one Frazetta at a time. I personally hope that will be enough.
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 12:01 AM   #92
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
When Level52 started down the path with Cat Girl I questioned thier ability to deliver. I still do. Odin hasn't made me feel a lot better. When I saw it, I thought it was cool. I personally like the sweeping shoulders, it reminds me of Warhammer Fantasy. It's got a lot of details and a pretty kick ass paint job. When I saw the $700 price tag I wasn't too surprised. But I didn't PO it for obvious reasons. And I think that's what's killing them on this piece. Everyone says they like it and it looks great, but it's just not thier cup of tea.
First, I think people are right, mythology pieces don't sell well. Now you have a Norse piece... even less popular. Now throw on top of that, it's not Thor. That's three strikes.
I think the same bad fortune will hit them with the Frazetta pieces. It's a limited market for that license. It's a physically big piece and the T&A is all wrong (Frazetta fans might be apprehensive about showing a fully nude girl and T&A fans are bulking and saying she's fat). ARH couldn't move the stuff and Level52 is following the same steps. The only thing they are doing better is that they are releasing one Frazetta at a time. I personally hope that will be enough.
She's fat and ugly and she's not even in the same league as hot sexy Arhian!

To me the ARH Frazetta statues look epic! I am not a huge Frazetta fan.. but if I was ..I would have every single one of them ARH Frazetta statues on my shelf! And if Arahom has failed with Frazetta then no one will succeed!
Great Pheidias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 10:05 AM   #93
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Pheidias View Post
You are watching Arahom who lives and breathes it and been doing it for many many years. You sit here commenting you know it all? You do realize Arahom is your teacher? For good and bad he will always be your teacher until you actually stop watching and experience it all levels like he does! You are posting on a forum section called "ARH Studios" which only exists because of Arahom!
You really need to switch to decaf GP. I never said I know it all, and did say I was learning from what Arahom does, just more from his mistakes than anything else.

There's no doubt that in the 10 years ARH has been around that he has been successful but I also think part of the reason he is not even more so is because he thinks his way is the only way. His ego gets in the way of his decision making.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 04:30 PM   #94
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
You really need to switch to decaf GP. I never said I know it all, and did say I was learning from what Arahom does, just more from his mistakes than anything else.

There's no doubt that in the 10 years ARH has been around that he has been successful but I also think part of the reason he is not even more so is because he thinks his way is the only way. His ego gets in the way of his decision making.
Well life and people and business is not all perfect..of course mistakes will be made over the years! In a perfect world yes everyone could be better! but there have also been good decisions made that no one else would make. Arahom has had the guts to make statues no one else would. Does he have an Ego? Yeah! but so what!? He believes in himself and so he should! He is very creative and talented.
Old 05-28-2017, 07:17 PM   #95
SAB380
The X-Men

Yup.

Conan The Sacrifice
Tarzan Primal Rage
Death Dealer on Horse at 1/4 scale

No one else out there is bonkers enough to do things like that.
SAB380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 08:30 PM   #96
dao2
Cyclops

I mean they've made statues the same size or bigger. If you mean in terms subject matter no not really, because it's not worth it. Look what happened to ARH....
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 08:36 PM   #97
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAB380 View Post
Yup.

Conan The Sacrifice
Tarzan Primal Rage
Death Dealer on Horse at 1/4 scale

No one else out there is bonkers enough to do things like that.

oh man you forgot a bunch of others!..Here is one of my favorites! Alexander the Great with Bucephalus 1/4! And yes seeing is believing! It is a real statue and not a fairy tale or a computer image!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ma.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	396.8 KB
ID:	104790  
Old 05-29-2017, 03:19 AM   #98
SAB380
The X-Men

Yeah that Alexander statue as well!

FYI -
ARH website is seeing statues pop back up on there, and availability moving pretty quickly between 'in stock' and 'sold out' - guessing as a result of cleaning up unpaid order statuses.
Old 05-29-2017, 07:16 PM   #99
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAB380 View Post
Yeah that Alexander statue as well!

FYI -
ARH website is seeing statues pop back up on there, and availability moving pretty quickly between 'in stock' and 'sold out' - guessing as a result of cleaning up unpaid order statuses.
Yeah I noticed that. Have you noticed any prices go up on any pieces? I thought Medusa was $999 original price but now it is $1200? Shipping has probably doubled as well.
Old 05-29-2017, 11:22 PM   #100
SAB380
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Pheidias View Post
Yeah I noticed that. Have you noticed any prices go up on any pieces? I thought Medusa was $999 original price but now it is $1200? Shipping has probably doubled as well.
Yeah I was wondering if it was my hazy memory.
I think Medusa has been put up.

Tarzan Primal Rage was definitely $560 and is now listed at $700 (...which IMO is more the correct price range for that giant dio)

Its an interesting strategy to be acting as the ebay flipper directly from your own retail website

Glad they seem to be making some sales and getting back on their feet though.