Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Just The Facts... > Collection Corner

Old 02-07-2017, 10:09 PM   #61
COI

It has been years since I owned my last Bowen. I forgot how sharp they can be.

Always loved that modern Warlock.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 11:53 AM   #62
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
It has been years since I owned my last Bowen. I forgot how sharp they can be.

Always loved that modern Warlock.
Due to a number of factors, my collection (obviously) is predominantly Bowens. I love them so much... if push came to shove I'd be selling off a few of my 1/4 statues before I let go of some of these Bowens.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 05:31 PM   #63
MrJones

Got the Bowen Terrax through a trade and his is such a great statue!

Old 02-21-2017, 06:25 PM   #64
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
Due to a number of factors, my collection (obviously) is predominantly Bowens. I love them so much... if push came to shove I'd be selling off a few of my 1/4 statues before I let go of some of these Bowens.
ditto
Old 02-21-2017, 10:15 PM   #65
Davidian
Omega Flight

Nice additions bud. Sadly, only Bowens I'll have left after the others are sold is Apocalypse, as he is still the definitive Apocalypse out there, to me.
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 01:48 PM   #66
MrJones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidian View Post
Nice additions bud. Sadly, only Bowens I'll have left after the others are sold is Apocalypse, as he is still the definitive Apocalypse out there, to me.
Fair enough! Great Apocalypse. I actually sold mine but only because he didn't fit the direction of my theme and I need to be very specific for financial reasons. I can't be all over the map - can't afford to be. But out of all the statues I've sold, that was the hardest one to let go of.
Old 02-22-2017, 02:46 PM   #67
Davidian
Omega Flight

Quote:
Fair enough! Great Apocalypse. I actually sold mine but only because he didn't fit the direction of my theme and I need to be very specific for financial reasons. I can't be all over the map - can't afford to be. But out of all the statues I've sold, that was the hardest one to let go of.
I'm in the same situation with finances, which is why I decided to let go of my Bowens. Apoc was always my favorite villain, and since nobody has come close to beating the Bowen version, I will keep him. Same with the Koto Psylocke, it's the ONLY Jim Lee looking one out there and I really dug her when I was a kid. Other than that, I'm refocusing the collection to just characters I absolutely loved and getting rid of the pieces I don't hold any sentiments with anymore. I suspect once I go through my storage unit a little closer, I'll find some more I can part with as well.
Old 03-08-2017, 05:52 PM   #68
MrJones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidian View Post
I'm in the same situation with finances, which is why I decided to let go of my Bowens. Apoc was always my favorite villain, and since nobody has come close to beating the Bowen version, I will keep him. Same with the Koto Psylocke, it's the ONLY Jim Lee looking one out there and I really dug her when I was a kid. Other than that, I'm refocusing the collection to just characters I absolutely loved and getting rid of the pieces I don't hold any sentiments with anymore. I suspect once I go through my storage unit a little closer, I'll find some more I can part with as well.
For me at least, selling the first one was hard. But it got easier and easier as I saw the necessity in space but also a nice theme come together. I'm really big on that. I'm not really impressed my collections where it seems like someone just decided to drop 15k the last year and bought whatever they could.

As for an update on mine... got some risers in to help provide some levels to my display, here is one shelf

Old 03-08-2017, 06:02 PM   #69
Davidian
Omega Flight

Quote:
For me at least, selling the first one was hard. But it got easier and easier as I saw the necessity in space but also a nice theme come together. I'm really big on that. I'm not really impressed my collections where it seems like someone just decided to drop 15k the last year and bought whatever they could.

As for an update on mine... got some risers in to help provide some levels to my display, here is one shelf

Man, I used to have that Thanos card (the first one in your line up) when I was a kid! Talk about nostalgia right there! Only Thanos I have currently is the Bowen museum piece that he did last. REALLY looking forward to the new SS reveal.
Old 04-03-2017, 04:55 PM   #70
MrJones

Ugly!

I don't update this thread often because photobucket is goddamn infuriating so if you have Instagram follow me there - @MADTITANJONES - I post a pic a day