Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 10-27-2021, 01:53 PM   #401
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
Also, I'm shocked at the price. Honestly, I thought the MSRP would be closer to $1000 (since their Wonder Woman was around the $900 range and prices in general are going up). $730 seems like a steal these days.
Wonder Woman has the extra portrait and a lot more base. I think QS made the decision to keep the price low on this one to generate as many sales as possible. This could easily have an ES of 5000 or more.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 01:53 PM   #402
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Man, folks are picky. That's ok. Everyone can have their opinions and if it is not up to snuff for you, I'm sure you'll pass on buying.

For me, I love it and it will be a LONG time before we ever get another 1/4 ScarJo Black Widow (and I'm not counting Queen's soon to be introduced white version). I mean, who would even make one at this point? The only companies that even have a 1/4 scale MCU license appear to be Iron Studios and Queen and both are producing pieces now (after years of waiting). I guess SSC MAY have it too but I don't trust their movie pieces.

Do I have a few nitpicks? Sure. But this is pretty darn close and it will be a Day 1 PO for me. Also, I'm shocked at the price. Honestly, I thought the MSRP would be closer to $1000 (since their Wonder Woman was around the $900 range and prices in general are going up). $730 seems like a steal these days.
Is fine to be picky when this will be $1000 and more after import fees etc

And just because there might not be another statue for a while isn't a good reason to buy it

Personally I'll prob order the white version and pray that we get another piece one day

There has to be a market for scarjo
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 02:10 PM   #403
tarim69
Sailor Moon

Well sure... there will always be licenses to get for popular characters.
Indy, Sellers Pink Panther, Legosi Dracula, LoTR, etc etc.
tarim69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 02:11 PM   #404
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Man, folks are picky. That's ok. Everyone can have their opinions and if it is not up to snuff for you, I'm sure you'll pass on buying.

For me, I love it and it will be a LONG time before we ever get another 1/4 ScarJo Black Widow (and I'm not counting Queen's soon to be introduced white version). I mean, who would even make one at this point? The only companies that even have a 1/4 scale MCU license appear to be Iron Studios and Queen and both are producing pieces now (after years of waiting). I guess SSC MAY have it too but I don't trust their movie pieces.

Do I have a few nitpicks? Sure. But this is pretty darn close and it will be a Day 1 PO for me. Also, I'm shocked at the price. Honestly, I thought the MSRP would be closer to $1000 (since their Wonder Woman was around the $900 range and prices in general are going up). $730 seems like a steal these days.
I agree.

We can be a persistently picky bunch. You'd think we would make our point and then shut up.....but here we are coming back again and again to kick the corpse and spoil it for those who love the piece.

Some of us are doing it because we're actually trying to decide if we want it or not. I think others just enjoy finding fault, it helps them justify not making the purchase - especially if others agree....and then there are the straight up trolls (IMHO the worst critics).
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 02:24 PM   #405
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I agree.

We can be a persistently picky bunch. You'd think we would make our point and then shut up.....but here we are coming back again and again to kick the corpse and spoil it for those who love the piece.

Some of us are doing it because we're actually trying to decide if we want it or not. I think others just enjoy finding fault, it helps them justify not making the purchase - especially if others agree....and then there are the straight up trolls (IMHO the worst critics).

Or maybe, 60% of a good post sorry I can't help myself lol.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 02:49 PM   #406
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I'm strongly considering this piece. I get the cons everyone has brought up, but none of them really bother me much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanuaryStorm View Post
If Queen is listing this at $730, Spec Fiction will probably list it around $780 for those of us in the US. Add in another $250 or so for shipping (the Queen Studios Thanos 1/4 was $275 through Spec Fiction this month).

So this will likely total at or around $1K.
This would kill it for me. Spec was certainly the route I had planned to go.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 02:51 PM   #407
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I agree.

If you truly like it then the trolls' opinions won't matter to you

It's when you know deep down that they have a point that it annoys you
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 03:13 PM   #408
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkilledButton View Post

Or maybe, 60% of a good post sorry I can't help myself lol.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 03:15 PM   #409
gra007
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
If you truly like it then the trolls' opinions won't matter to you

It's when you know deep down that they have a point that it annoys you
That's why I like it when people point out their issues with a statue. It makes me look at it harder and maybe I'll see something that I didn't see on my initial look. If I'm in agreement with them, I have to evaluate if I'm OK with the problem before buying the piece. If I don't agree, and don't see a problem, then all the better and I can buy without worry.

I'd much rather see all the potential points of annoyance with a piece now then after I've spent $1000 and can't unsee a problem that bugs me every time I look at the statue.

This is especially helpful with pieces that I've been waiting eagerly for the reveal of, as I might have a more itchy trigger finger to buy it ASAP without as much consideration as to any problems the piece has.
gra007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 04:03 PM   #410
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gra007 View Post
That's why I like it when people point out their issues with a statue. It makes me look at it harder and maybe I'll see something that I didn't see on my initial look. If I'm in agreement with them, I have to evaluate if I'm OK with the problem before buying the piece. If I don't agree, and don't see a problem, then all the better and I can buy without worry.

I'd much rather see all the potential points of annoyance with a piece now then after I've spent $1000 and can't unsee a problem that bugs me every time I look at the statue.

This is especially helpful with pieces that I've been waiting eagerly for the reveal of, as I might have a more itchy trigger finger to buy it ASAP without as much consideration as to any problems the piece has.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote