Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 10-27-2021, 04:07 PM   #411
morty76
Justice League

The likeness isn't good enough in my opinion. In fact it may be Queen studios worst headsculpt.
morty76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 04:07 PM   #412
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanuaryStorm View Post
If Queen is listing this at $730, Spec Fiction will probably list it around $780 for those of us in the US. Add in another $250 or so for shipping (the Queen Studios Thanos 1/4 was $275 through Spec Fiction this month).
I don't think shipping will be that high. A 20" Black Widow with the smallest base possible will be significantly smaller and lighter than Thanos.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 05:15 PM   #413
pdenham
Teen Titans

The final cost is still going to be closer to $1K than it is $730 for US customers.

And I if the ES is in the several thousands (most likely), I seriously doubt we will be seeing the lush, attention to every tiny detail paint apps on them that we are seeing on the prototype here.

Adjust expectations accordingly and you'll be ok.

It's a nice figure, making a nice, clean clear statement and doesn't needlessly take up a ton of space.
A lot of positives to this, even if it isn't "perfect".

Even though I'm not a fan of the braided hair look, I do love the way they get some movement out of that braid. It's a simple, but a strong piece, compositionally.
That little touch may even put it ahead of the white suit version for me. For some reason, I'm not digging the image of it on the two-shot Queen put out- even though it's almost certainly the same face sculpt.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 05:16 PM   #414
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by morty76 View Post
The likeness isn't good enough in my opinion. In fact it may be Queen studios worst headsculpt.
Unfortunately I agree. Though in Queens case worst isn’t necessarily as bad as it is for other manufacturers

And yet chances are I’ll still preorder this piece, along with the Iron Studios piece.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 05:56 PM   #415
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
Even though I'm not a fan of the braided hair look, I do love the way they get some movement out of that braid.
I absolutely agree. It might actually be the strongest reason for me to get the black costume. Well, that, and the more iconic black costume. : P

Posted by Li Li on Facebook:

Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 03:57 AM   #416
Shoo
Hercules

Sculpted by Zhang Qian.

...AKA Zhang Xiao, AKA smile_z, AKA Zo Smile, who seems to be very busy with Queen Studios, as evidenced by her ArtStation page.

Instagram
ArtStation

Other non-QS digital sculpts of hers:

Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 05:24 AM   #417
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Wow
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 06:04 AM   #418
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
I absolutely agree. It might actually be the strongest reason for me to get the black costume. Well, that, and the more iconic black costume. : P

That looks more than ok to me.
Google Scarjo, and you’ll find a lot of pictures where Scarjo doesn’t really look like ScarJo. She’s a bit of a chameleon actress, one of her many qualities.

Now, black or white, that's the question.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 06:04 AM   #419
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post

Looking at the image, QS were close but not close enough.
Lips slightly too large. End of nose pushed up too much.
Eyes appear to sit too far forward. Compared to the lips and nose, the eye's are the weakest area of the sculpt when it comes to likeness.

I'm done commenting on this piece. No more comments from me. Promise. I wanted to be amazed and.. . .. ...amazed i was not.
I have the Queen Studio's 1/4 Joker on pre_order. Here's to that one turning out good (fingers crossed, the factory delivers)
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 06:48 AM   #420
Exorcist
Hydra

Talking

O noooo.... With the upcoming Prime1Studio's Showcase 3, JND Studio's Batman, and this fantastic Black Widow around the corner...... I sense a fast insufficient funds status lurking.

If somebody wants to rob a bank collectively with eachother, please PM me ASAP
Exorcist is offline   Reply With Quote