Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 12-11-2015, 06:50 PM   #51
Ravishing
Fantastic Four
Adamantium Plus Member

Selene Bust

I'd like to chime in on this. This week I received my Selene Bust. I've been following this thread and the comments and getting worried about what I'm going to receive. I'd like to say my Bust was delivered without damage. After inspection I think the base and part of the shoulders are made of the same plastic you would see on a plastic mannequin. The head I'm guessing some sort of polystone. So maybe that is the mixed media. The base definitely should be heavier to prevent accidental touches or bumps. It is top heavy because of this. But the base square footage is small. In regards to paint, when I first got this I didn't like it. Kinda rose colored lips and pasty skin even for a vampire. Teeth where not prominent. Wished this would have had real hair. All this being said this bust has grown on me and the more I look at it the more I see a likeness to Kate from the movies. I also have the HCG 1/4 Selene which I think is a bit better likeness, but keep in mind when you go 1:1 you got to nail it. Anyways I don't regret the purchase but it was a bit over-priced. If They took a mold of Kate's face and put it on this bust. It would easily fetch this price and more.
Ravishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 07:29 PM   #52
Finisher
Blue Falcon

Thanks for sharing. Not bad. Not awesome, but expected it to be worse after first comments and pics.
Finisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 06:33 PM   #53
vader-nator
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Teeth :(

How about these teeth and nostrils. This will be my last HCG.
vader-nator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 07:28 PM   #54
FROBAY
Phoenix

Horrible. Mine went back months ago, as soon as I opened it. Worst Bust and paint app I have ever seen. Sorry for EVEYONE that got this and didn't like it.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 08:54 PM   #55
vader-nator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
Horrible. Mine went back months ago, as soon as I opened it. Worst Bust and paint app I have ever seen. Sorry for EVEYONE that got this and didn't like it.
Thanks FROBAY

Back in the day HCG made amazing stuff like my 60 inch Hunter Killer from T2 and the Terminator Endo Busts. Sadly I am a bit bored with them now.

Too many costly offerings that are either dull or fan made looking.

No way I'd give them a cent for the boring Aliens APC, the inanaimate and neutral looking power loader or the life size Alien Warrior figure......It looks just plain crappy. I still love my nice Alien Big Chap 1:1 bust with chrome teeth

HCG where have you gone?

Time to change the menu on this feast I'm afraid. HCG is just not tasty any more.

Sad really. I was a huge customer back in the day.
Old 01-15-2016, 09:42 PM   #56
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by vader-nator View Post
Thanks FROBAY

Back in the day HCG made amazing stuff like my 60 inch Hunter Killer from T2 and the Terminator Endo Busts. Sadly I am a bit bored with them now.

Too many costly offerings that are either dull or fan made looking.

No way I'd give them a cent for the boring Aliens APC, the inanaimate and neutral looking power loader or the life size Alien Warrior figure......It looks just plain crappy. I still love my nice Alien Big Chap 1:1 bust with chrome teeth

HCG where have you gone?

Time to change the menu on this feast I'm afraid. HCG is just not tasty any more.

Sad really. I was a huge customer back in the day.
I love my HCG Alien Bust too.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 07:34 AM   #57
ctg
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I not only had an issue with this bust they flat out lied to me when I asked if her fangs would be visible they absolutely said yes prior to placing my order...
ctg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 02:03 PM   #58
Ravishing
Fantastic Four
Adamantium Plus Member

Teeth

I see what you mean about fangs but at least mine has some white on side Fang teeth. That being said I don't view this bust from 2 inches away. From about 3 feet or so looks decent. It definitely could be better though.
Ravishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 03:48 AM   #59
vader-nator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravishing View Post
I see what you mean about fangs but at least mine has some white on side Fang teeth. That being said I don't view this bust from 2 inches away. From about 3 feet or so looks decent. It definitely could be better though.

Mine has zero fangs