Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 10-13-2014, 08:28 PM   #21
Sith_Prime
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellaspeed View Post
Yes I well buy that but aswell vampirella.
Vampirella is a must as well.
Sith_Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 10:02 PM   #22
Sithlord32
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnicornPegasus View Post

Oh, scratch that, even better: O-Ren Ishii from Kill Bill:

That has potential as do the rest of the ladies from that film. Specifically Gogo Ellie and Beatrix but id rather see O-ren like this.

Sithlord32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 10:21 AM   #23
HieroJux
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
The only reason I didn't put Elvira is because there are so many good statues of her out. Tweeterhead just released the Elvira statue to own. Plus the Electric Tiki versions are pretty much bishoujo. The one with her seated is really nice. I don't think Koto could top those. But more Elvira is always a good thing I guess.
I'm not a fan of the way either of the electric tiki statues look and I think koto could top them.

I think koto will continue using iconic horror characters the way they did with Jason and Freddy. And there just aren't many iconic horror characters that are female. Most of them, like Carrie for instance, would feel weird to me. A cute girl in a bloody prom dress seems easy enough but the context for her character doesn't lend itself to the bishoujo line at all IMO. I think we'll see a Leatherface, Pinhead and even Bride of Frankenstein before we see lesser known female characters.

That being said, koto has already made bishoujo for Ghostbusters, and the fact that they didn't use an existing character means they knew there wasn't an iconic female character to use. So we got a made up character in the iconic jump suit with the iconic proton pack. Same with men in Black. They made up a character but the look is not at all iconic. That Agent G statue, I don't think sold very well. I seen it in clearance in more than a few places. I'd imagine it had something to do with koto going for 2 of the most iconic characters before going back to movie characters.

If they made Beatrix Kiddo and/or any of the deadly viper assassination squad, I'd buy those no matter what. I'd also like a Predator bishoujo as well as Lady Death, Purgatory and the fore mentioned Vampirella.
HieroJux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 02:31 PM   #24
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithlord32 View Post
That has potential as do the rest of the ladies from that film. Specifically Gogo Ellie and Beatrix but id rather see O-ren like this.

That's a good idea. I'm surprised a Japanese company hasn't made an anime version of her yet.

But same goes for the Sucker Punch girls for that matter...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HieroJux View Post
I think koto will continue using iconic horror characters the way they did with Jason and Freddy. And there just aren't many iconic horror characters that are female. Most of them, like Carrie for instance, would feel weird to me. A cute girl in a bloody prom dress seems easy enough but the context for her character doesn't lend itself to the bishoujo line at all IMO. I think we'll see a Leatherface, Pinhead and even Bride of Frankenstein before we see lesser known female characters.
Which is a shame because it's the easy route and there are a good number of female characters that would make good bishoujo statues. But they aren't iconic like Jason, Freddy, and Myers. But few characters are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HieroJux View Post
That being said, koto has already made bishoujo for Ghostbusters, and the fact that they didn't use an existing character means they knew there wasn't an iconic female character to use. So we got a made up character in the iconic jump suit with the iconic proton pack. Same with men in Black. They made up a character but the look is not at all iconic. That Agent G statue, I don't think sold very well. I seen it in clearance in more than a few places. I'd imagine it had something to do with koto going for 2 of the most iconic characters before going back to movie characters.
I was thinking about those two. That's why Koto's decisions are strange. Because they could have put Janine (movie or cartoon) in the Ghostbusters suit. I would have purchased that one.

Or with Men in Black used Linda Fiorentino's character. She did become an Agent at the end of the first movie. I believe her character is in the cartoon too. She's hot and would have made a good bishoujo that I would have purchased.

How about a Gozer with demon dog bishoujo? That would be iconic. But probably out of normal bishoujo price range too.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 09:58 AM   #25
HieroJux
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
How about a Gozer with demon dog bishoujo? That would be iconic. But probably out of normal bishoujo price range too.
Lol if Shunya draws it, I'll buy it.
HieroJux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 03:36 PM   #26
ReplicantSavior

Koto could have really played off the idea of Gozer becoming what we want and being a cute statue. That would have been awesome. Especially since I think it's the Ghostbusters anniversary. Big missed opportunity.
Old 11-11-2014, 10:46 PM   #27
ReplicantSavior

Halloween is over and I thought we would get a tease for next year of what Koto might have in mind. I guess not...I had a few more ideas.

1. Laurie Strode (from original Halloween) with pumpkin.

2. Anna Paquin's character from Trick r Treat.

There was a female cthulhu in a movie that I can't remember the name of. That might be something cute or horrific.
Old 06-08-2015, 11:48 PM   #28
ReplicantSavior

Bump. Kotobukiya is starting their run up to SDCC this week. I hope we see a preview of the next in the horror line at SDCC.

I was thinking about a Jason Part 2 SDCC exclusive with the mask in hand. But if not an exclusive, a full run wouldn't be a bad idea. The Part 2 version isn't as iconic as the hockey mask Jason. But I still think it would make a good bishoujo statue. I saw a Japanese female statue with horns that was in the bishoujo style with a similar Jason Part 2 costume some time ago.

What about the best female heroes from Nightmare on Elm Street and Friday the 13th? They could make Nancy from the original Elm Street and Ginny from Friday the 13th Part 2.

Also Daphne and Velma from Scooby Doo could go in the horror bishoujo line. They would be cute. Or Koto could make them a bit more grown up like Mara.

That female cthulhu in my last post was in a movie called Dagon. Probably too far out for a bishoujo. But they did make that female MiB agent and had a tentacle on the base.
Old 06-09-2015, 02:23 PM   #29
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

I hope they do female Dracula, Frankenstein, etc...

Also for those that don't understand a big part of what made the first two a hit was that it was gender swapped. That's part of the fun. It's fine to not like that sort of thing, but don't act like there's something wrong with it even though that's the basis of the line.

And in case people still don't understand, the "shoujo" in "bishoujo" means girl.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 02:37 PM   #30
zteinr
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

How about Selene from the Underworld series?
zteinr is offline   Reply With Quote