Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 11-23-2014, 05:07 AM   #271
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
Yet another "XM vs SSC" thread- yawn. The most interesting part was VS1976's palatable excitement over the assumption that it was a line based on underwear models.

This is getting merged with the existing thread in the neutral ground of the "General Section".

We need to put this back to the SSC thread so SS can see this... Or at least title the thread VS Angel PF line. No one goes to the general thread
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 05:17 AM   #272
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

It's wasted energy.
All these people that are even "irritated" about the XM vs SS debate are, more or less, cheerleaders of one or the other company, even if they'll come here and pretend they're neutral.

It took, what, months to have people here understand that in the licensed areas XM's statues cost averages at 500-550$? Clearly most people here have no idea or familiarity with the notion of "being international" and out of the favored area, hence the cries. Just to mention an extremely simple notion that seemed incredibly hard to explain, which makes me think that people just refuse to understand it so they can use it like an excuse when debating about XM.

Leplant was talking about design and people told him to compare Phoenix to WW?
Are we sure that WW stepping on a greek themed rock while holding her weapons is a great or innovative design?
It's an average and standard design. That the final sculpt and prototype paint app are awesome and make WW a great piece, it's a given. But to come here and take her as an example of great/innovative design is prejudice.

Which leads to my other point, prejudice. Most of the posts here are all about that, easy.
It's not like Dechirico desn't know how much Phoenix retailed at, yet here she is stating that it retailed at 760$ - which is not true at all since XM sells with 10% discount to members and all retailers have some sort of discount (and some of them even at 15%, like SimplyToys). This takes the price down in the 650-680$ range.
Still, I repeat, this applies in those areas where XM is supposed to sell to. Areas in which most people here are NOT.

It's prejudice. It's the same when people pretend that everything Sideshow puts out is s**t, it's the same when people pretend that XM's pieces cost 1000$ for real, it's the same when people pretend that Sideshow is giving away their pieces at 350-400$ range while the truth is that the average price point is more on the 450$ right now and any of their bigger pieces is randomly priced from 600 to 900$. Same people who now brought up Wonder Woman forgetting how THEY, in first place, derailed the Wonder Woman thread, in the Sideshow area, with their XM talk, when nobody even mentioned XM. Talk about act like drama queens.

But most of the people here will just pretend that you're comparing different price points just because they have no other arguments, instead of just admit that if Sideshow came out with their own kickass Phoenix for 700$ and 1000ES, it would be sold out by now and they would be praising what an incredible move Sideshow did.
Or again, enjoy your Iron Man maquettes at 480$+shipping with flawed paint, random poses and silly double bases. Maybe THIS could be a better comparison, I guess

I suppose that what bothers me the most is how people act without even caring to read other users' posts, or so it seems. Leplant came here saying he didn't want an XM vs SS argument just for the sake of it but 'cause he's sure SS still has a lot to give, and the usual ones feel compelled to answer with the usual two answers and to state over and over again that they're tired of the argument.
If you're tired of the argument, don't post. Avoid the thread. You only look butthurt by dropping in the thread without even caring to read and less than ever caring to take the time to write a proper reply that doesn't involve false victimism.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 08:06 AM   #273
dino76m
Kindly Asked To Leave

After seeing Captain AMerica in hand fotos from Sideshow , i think my vote goes to SIdeshow,
dino76m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 08:42 AM   #274
bzie
U talkin' to me?

The price factor is a win for Sideshow. The extra S$200-300+ is a no no for me, has to be somethingextraordinary for me to bite... so far nothing. Interestingly, the hulks prices are similar but sculptwise, ss wins

Hawkeye

Black widow

Capt America

Hulk
bzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 03:01 PM   #275
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
We need to put this back to the SSC thread so SS can see this... Or at least title the thread VS Angel PF line. No one goes to the general thread
I think all the Company vs Company threads should remain here. When I go into the Sideshow area, I don't want to see these threads. They can put these in the XM section, since that is all their threads are about.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 11:18 PM   #276
azurepred
Zot

besides their faces, don't care for those toothpick chicks on the previous page. I'm confused what this thread is supposed to be about, a couple of XM statues vs the SS counterparts or company vs company?

Talking statues, XM isn't stealing much business from SS when SS can sell thousands upon thousands of one character. XM may have a edge in QC and sculpting on SOME pieces, but it's not enough to tell me XM is beating SS at anything when a lot of ppl are buying both versions from both companies.

The debate is meaningless. If the thread was meant to be statue A vs statue B, it should've been titled that way with a poll.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 11:27 PM   #277
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Make a "Any interest in a Victoria Secret Angels PF line?" thread in that section if you so desire.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 11:35 PM   #278
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino76m View Post
After seeing Captain AMerica in hand fotos from Sideshow , i think my vote goes to SIdeshow,
Saw both this weekend, freshly cracked by collectors. It was no contest for me personally; the Sideshow Captain America was all kinds of awesome and I couldn't take my eyes off it. XM Cap was well done but there was just nothing fresh and exciting about it to me. It felt like a re-visit and large scale version of a Hard Hero or Bowen piece. The difference in the quality of the execution of the chain mail alone was enough to make Sideshow's the more compelling of the two pieces. Granted the choice of a unique costume afforded Sideshow a lot more creative license with the piece but its execution and production are unsurpassed IMHO.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 02:02 AM   #279
dino76m
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
Saw both this weekend, freshly cracked by collectors. It was no contest for me personally; the Sideshow Captain America was all kinds of awesome and I couldn't take my eyes off it. XM Cap was well done but there was just nothing fresh and exciting about it to me. It felt like a re-visit and large scale version of a Hard Hero or Bowen piece. The difference in the quality of the execution of the chain mail alone was enough to make Sideshow's the more compelling of the two pieces. Granted the choice of a unique costume afforded Sideshow a lot more creative license with the piece but its execution and production are unsurpassed IMHO.
thats what ive been saying,except for Magneto and maybe wolverine, most XM are just 1/4 scale Bowenish to me, not putting down Bowen as I collect Bowens as well, but at 1/4 scale and prices , i like a bit of realism and more details..
Im expecting Sideshow to win Thor round as well when both come out
dino76m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 04:53 AM   #280
J-M-T
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermetroid View Post
That's fair to say, but these are 1/4 comic versions of the same characters and it's fair to compare them imo. And the prices on the XM pieces have to do with shipping/importing costs more than anything.

I'm saying, price aside, which pieces do you prefer *IF* quality is equal?
I don't think the argument that the price is expensive because of the shipping / import costs is valid because I live in Asia and we're paying the same price.
J-M-T is offline   Reply With Quote