Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 09-26-2020, 11:15 AM   #321
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

I think it looks great and like most pics, it all depends on the lighting. I mean, even if you look at Prime 1's initial pictures, the lighting was pretty dark so it is not entirely surprising this looks cleaner with bright light.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 12:04 PM   #322
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
I think it looks great and like most pics, it all depends on the lighting. I mean, even if you look at Prime 1's initial pictures, the lighting was pretty dark so it is not entirely surprising this looks cleaner with bright light.
I think it looks great too, but the blood is not as quite as heavy as it was.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 05:19 PM   #323
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
Problem is that the videos from the shows are brighter and the blood was definitely more. This third set of pics do make Batman look like he's wet from mud, so at least that's better. However, some of the cuts on Batman in the production pieces don't look like they were even painted as a cut.

I'm still going to wait until better pics show up as I'm not about to go cancelling just based off three sets of bad photos. However, I still think that at $2,000 any 1/3 scale statue needs to be 99% of the prototype. I have the XM Studios Optimus Prime - he's way more detailed and they nailed the paint on that statue. If they can do that with a detailed robot, there's no excuse for any problems with 1/2 a human figure in mud.

Last edited by Cmac; 09-26-2020 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Added info.
Cmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 02:44 PM   #324
Danii99
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmac View Post
Problem is that the videos from the shows are brighter and the blood was definitely more. This third set of pics do make Batman look like he's wet from mud, so at least that's better. However, some of the cuts on Batman in the production pieces don't look like they were even painted as a cut.

I'm still going to wait until better pics show up as I'm not about to go cancelling just based off three sets of bad photos. However, I still think that at $2,000 any 1/3 scale statue needs to be 99% of the prototype. I have the XM Studios Optimus Prime - he's way more detailed and they nailed the paint on that statue. If they can do that with a detailed robot, there's no excuse for any problems with 1/2 a human figure in mud.
It is a lot more difficult to capture human figures than a non human figure, such as a Transformer.
Danii99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 03:08 PM   #325
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danii99 View Post
It is a lot more difficult to capture human figures than a non human figure, such as a Transformer.

The cuts are missing blood; some of them are just gray. Are you saying that putting blood in a sculpted wound is too difficult? They had no problem doing it with The Dark Knight Returns.

The name of the statue is Bane Vs Batman and they are charging you for that second character. I expect that character to be painted correctly. It's not an unreasonable request at this price point - or at any for that matter.
Old 09-28-2020, 03:36 PM   #326
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

I think this piece looks awesome and Bane is truly the star. The base does look like Batman is being pummelled into diarrhea poop though. Especially those doodoo lumps around his head...

Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 03:59 PM   #327
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
I think this piece looks awesome and Bane is truly the star. The base does look like Batman is being pummelled into diarrhea poop though. Especially those doodoo lumps around his head...
I agree that Bane looks awesome and they did do a great job on his paint app.

However, the reason he is looking down is Batman so he's not a backdrop. I can get past the mud and the lack of wetness to his suit. However, the fact that some of the wounds on Batman just aren't painted at all is a major problem. Look at Batman's right shoulder and look at the wound on his thigh. It's very disappointing.
Old 09-28-2020, 07:32 PM   #328
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

+1 Batman in that base was a bad idea
V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 10:44 PM   #329
Danii99
Birdman

Just got this guy in. The photos & videos do no justice to this piece, which is what typically occurs. But the blood on bats, the mud, all the things some people in the forum complained about look far better & really good. Hopefully whoever picks this up or whoever got it from Specfiction since the Ex is sold out there & Sideshow has yet to get this item will be as amazed as I am. Ex is a must.Truly a beast of a statue.
Danii99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 10:50 PM   #330
ScoobyDoo
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danii99 View Post
Just got this guy in. The photos & videos do no justice to this piece, which is what typically occurs. But the blood on bats, the mud, all the things some people in the forum complained about look far better & really good. Hopefully whoever picks this up or whoever got it from Specfiction since the Ex is sold out there & Sideshow has yet to get this item will be as amazed as I am. Ex is a must.Truly a beast of a statue.
I’m not getting this statue, but I saw the guest review on Batman statue collector on YouTube and this thing is magnificent. Hard to fathom something like this exists. Congratulations to you on getting it, it looks like a center piece in any collection.
ScoobyDoo is offline   Reply With Quote