Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 09-26-2020, 01:04 AM   #531
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
The lack of huge movies this year can't be helping. May your drought end soon!

Some of the subjects were aimed at me, but not the scale. Let's see how my resolve holds on Talon.
Quite the opposite. Queen Studios is killing me.

And those suckers are damn expensive. And what’s worse is that their boxes are damn huge!

Hell the Hulk bust was the biggest box I’ve ever seen. And I’ve collected others busts, 1/2 and 1/3 scales and this single box dwarfed any single one of them.

Though the 1/3 Joker box wasn’t all that big, relative to Prime 1 anyway.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 06:05 PM   #532
ScoobyDoo
The Spirit

Unboxing on Batman Statue collector YouTube. Looks amazing!
ScoobyDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 08:46 PM   #533
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I have yet to see two pics where the vines that go around her body are the same.

This was the absolute worst statue I have ever had to assemble. The only thing I can think of is the vines I received are not correct. It keyed in properly, but they all rest against the body and don't even come close to resembling the proto pics or many of the pics I've seen elsewhere. I have seen one that looked similar. I may just remove them like I saw someone else had done.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 09:54 PM   #534
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
I have yet to see two pics where the vines that go around her body are the same.

This was the absolute worst statue I have ever had to assemble. The only thing I can think of is the vines I received are not correct. It keyed in properly, but they all rest against the body and don't even come close to resembling the proto pics or many of the pics I've seen elsewhere. I have seen one that looked similar. I may just remove them like I saw someone else had done.
Mine neither, but I don’t have an issue with it.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 11:28 PM   #535
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
Mine neither, but I don’t have an issue with it.
Is yours resting against the body? I don't know. I guess it's not going to cause any damage, because it sure would have from putting those on if it was going to.

I love the unboxing video P1 put out where everything just slides together so easily. Putting the huge plant piece on was horrible. Trying to put those vines around the body was worse, especially since I was following the instructions and doing it before putting Ivy in the base. I have to simultaneously keep Ivy upright without toppling over, stretching the vines apart without breaking them, and then TRY not to break a finger or scrape the body (failed the last part, but I've seen no damage). It never seemed right. No idea why there is such a variance in these vines.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 12:02 AM   #536
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

It’s just the thin areas mixed with the heat during shipping that causes some warping. Mine are touching her, but I don’t think it will cause an issue. They also touched her body quite a bit when putting them on, but I see no marks. Vines and attaching that massive plant monster were real challenges. I think it’s worth it though. I have some great pieces, but this thing is a different class.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 10:41 AM   #537
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

My vines aren't like the picture either. Top one is up a little bit, resting on her hip. Bottom one is way off, doesn't even reach her knee.

Looking between the my statue and the official photos, I don't care one way or the other which position those vines are in. They're just purposeful clutter anyways.

I'm a little concerned about them rubbing paint, but I can't really think of why they would be moving in the first place.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 11:12 AM   #538
risingstar
Jedi Order

Have any of you received the exclusive from SS??
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 11:20 AM   #539
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I went for the regular, got it a month ago. Think I've seen at least one on youtube that was from Sideshow.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 01:31 PM   #540
myskye23
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Have any of you received the exclusive from SS??
No, I'm still patiently waiting for mine. Last charge on my credit card was November 2019 and mine keeps getting pushed back. Hopefully I'll get it by Christmas.
myskye23 is offline   Reply With Quote