Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 12-14-2010, 02:15 PM   #111
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
Just my opinion.
I completely understand that. I was just making an observation of that opinion. Sorry if my last post came off as hostile, I just didn't understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
I was initially stoked for Kratos, but after thinking about it I gotta agree with Andrew, I just dont see the point, MK is good enough on its own it doesnt need guest characters. Thankfully the xbox version doesnt seem to have any ex (kinda like arkham asylum where the ps3 version got joker, and xbox got nothing, sony and WB are butt buddies, so this is to be expected, just like how DCU online is ps3 only while marvel online is xbox) and ill be getting it for xbox so it'll just be the pure mk experience, wont have to fight kratos every 2nd person online, and wont have him detracting from the mk feel during gameplay
Again, what!? lol

I would still like an explanation as to how this sort of thing will hurt this game. It doesn't need it, I get that and I happen to agree. But I'll ask one more time, why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Lebou View Post
It might not need guest characters but hey, you don't have to use them...
Thank you! Although, I can still see someone making the argument that they could still potentially face said characters online. As long as the character isn't unbalanced, I say deal with it.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 02:23 PM   #112
SNIKT
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
im definatley preordering reptile! i've wanted "human" reptile in a game for the longest time

REPTILE RENDER!!!!!! DAMN HE LOOKS EPIC!!!

my excitement for this game has gone from 9.5/10 to 15/10
Man that's a sick picture!.. I too love the human version of reptile
SNIKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 03:30 PM   #113
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
I completely understand that. I was just making an observation of that opinion. Sorry if my last post came off as hostile, I just didn't understand.

Again, what!? lol

I would still like an explanation as to how this sort of thing will hurt this game. It doesn't need it, I get that and I happen to agree. But I'll ask one more time, why not?

Thank you! Although, I can still see someone making the argument that they could still potentially face said characters online. As long as the character isn't unbalanced, I say deal with it.
Well it depends on the person obviously, but I think it takes away from the feel of mk, it obviously wont hurt it financially, but it will when it comes to the atmosphere and seriousness of the game. Sonya vs KRATOS in the deadpool? wouldn't feel right. Plus even if you dont use kratos, you're still stuck playing against him in arcade and online where inevitably everyone will be using him. Im glad the xbox probably wont have an exclusive, just keep it pure MK feel which is good, again thats just my opinion as a hardcore MK fan, but we'll just have to disagree cause there is no right or wrong answer, just opinions.
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 04:02 PM   #114
stormshadow75x
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
I have to agree with this statement where Kratos is concerned. Though his character and personality fit with the theme of Mortal Kombat, he just doesn't belong in this game. And Marcus Fenix sure as hell doesn't either!

Leave game specific characters in their respective IP's. I don't think it would be cool to have Sub Zero make a cameo appearance in a God of War game. This was nothing more than a money making venture on WB's part. I woukd like to know what Ed Boons true opinion on these excusive character deals is. Seems almost insulting, like his creation alone wasn't enough to sell the game well.

The skins, on the other hand, I do like. Human Reptile is awesome.
This is exactly what I'm talking about.

I will admit I'm not a fan of this franchise aside from the 1st game that started it all but I just don't see how this helps besides the additional hype. This is MK does it really need more hype.

This game needs to concentrate on gameplay rather than guest stars.
stormshadow75x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 04:23 PM   #115
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormshadow75x View Post
This is exactly what I'm talking about.

I will admit I'm not a fan of this franchise aside from the 1st game that started it all but I just don't see how this helps besides the additional hype. This is MK does it really need more hype.

This game needs to concentrate on gameplay rather than guest stars.
The've introduced ONE character (a very fitting one at that) and all of a sudden the developers have lost their priorities. Is this what other people are supposed to gather from these observations?

I understand these are just opinions, but some people appear to be acting like this is taking the franchise (a nearly dead one) in the wrong direction. Its one bonus character for PS3 owners. As a PS3 owner, an MK fan (from day one), AND a God of War fan I am very appreciative of this new inclusion. I was going to buy this game on day one before they announced Kratos, now he's in the game and it makes no difference.
Old 12-14-2010, 05:24 PM   #116
stormshadow75x
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
The've introduced ONE character (a very fitting one at that) and all of a sudden the developers have lost their priorities. Is this what other people are supposed to gather from these observations?

I understand these are just opinions, but some people appear to be acting like this is taking the franchise (a nearly dead one) in the wrong direction. Its one bonus character for PS3 owners. As a PS3 owner, an MK fan (from day one), AND a God of War fan I am very appreciative of this new inclusion. I was going to buy this game on day one before they announced Kratos, now he's in the game and it makes no difference.
A nearly dead one???
So what does that tell you about the developers in the past?

This is my point, you're right it is just my opinion but I do have my reasons.

I guess we'll just have to wait & see.
stormshadow75x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 07:06 PM   #117
Andrew
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.
Adamantium Plus Member

Wow, this is a hot button issue.

Quicksilver added what I missed. It just won't feel right seeing Kratos in the Living Forest fighting Shang Tsung. It's just weird. MK is good. GoW is good. But in this case, it's too much of a good thing.

For that matter, I've never been comfortable seeing Sonic and Mario in the same game as "friends". I grew up with those two being corporate enemies. Don't have Master Chief team up with Marcus Fenix and don't have Fox Mcloud fight along side an X-Wing in a Star Wars game.

It just ain't right.
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 07:15 PM   #118
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormshadow75x View Post
A nearly dead one???
So what does that tell you about the developers in the past?

This is my point, you're right it is just my opinion but I do have my reasons.

I guess we'll just have to wait & see.
I'm not following. What DOES it tell us?

Quote:
Wow, this is a hot button issue.

Quicksilver added what I missed. It just won't feel right seeing Kratos in the Living Forest fighting Shang Tsung. It's just weird. MK is good. GoW is good. But in this case, it's too much of a good thing.

For that matter, I've never been comfortable seeing Sonic and Mario in the same game as "friends". I grew up with those two being corporate enemies. Don't have Master Chief team up with Marcus Fenix and don't have Fox Mcloud fight along side an X-Wing in a Star Wars game.

It just ain't right.
Meh, I don't think so. I was just trying to understand some of this reasoning. I found it amusing and decided to investigate further. At least I can now see where Andrew is coming from. Just seems to be a personal preference with games in general.

The inclusion of Kratos isn't going to diminish MK sales one bit. If anything, it is only going to help. I think the marketing reps and developers came to the same conclusion. Unless Kratos is an unbalanced character in the game, it certainly won't hurt the gameplay either.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:20 PM   #119
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Official playstation magazine for january confirmed Ermac as a playable character. That new render that was floating around of him was accurate (the one that pictured goro as well) so i think its safe to say goro is confirmed too. Ermac looks to have his deception costume or close to it
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 01:37 AM   #120
SNIKT
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
MORTAL KOMBAT WILL ENTER THE RETAIL ARENA WITH STANDARD AND SPECIAL EDITIONS NOW AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER

Special Extended Kratos Debut Trailer Now Available for Download

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment today releases a special extended trailer for the award-winning and iconic fighting game Mortal Kombat, featuring the playable warrior Kratos—from the renowned God of War® series—exclusively for the PlayStation®3 (PS3™) computer entertainment system.

Launching in April 2011 and developed by NetheЯRealm Studios, Mortal Kombat is available for pre-order now on both the PS3 and Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft. The game will be available to consumers in three editions—Standard Edition, Kollector’s Edition and Tournament Edition.

Details of three different editions of Mortal Kombat:

The Standard Edition featuring the award-winning Mortal Kombat game.
The Kollector’s Edition featuring the award-winning Mortal Kombat game, Sub-Zero and Scorpion figurines, a collectible art book, downloadable content that includes an exclusive Mortal Kombat Klassic costume skin and avatar costumes.
The Tournament Edition featuring the award-winning Mortal Kombat game, a portable fight stick, and downloadable content that includes an exclusive Mortal Kombat Klassic costume skin and avatar costumes. The number of tournament editions is very limited with only 20,000 copies available in North America.

Players will be able to pre-order any of the above at North American retailers as of today. Specific pre-order programs include:

Gamestop: Customers who pre-order their copy of Mortal Kombat at Gamestop will get exclusive access to the Klassic Scorpion Playable Character Skin and the original Scorpion Fatality.
Best Buy: Customers who pre-order their copy of Mortal Kombat at Best Buy will get exclusive access to the Klassic Sub-Zero Playable Character Skin and the original Sub-Zero Fatality.
Amazon: Customers who pre-order their copy of Mortal Kombat on Amazon.com will get exclusive access to the Klassic Reptile Playable Character Skin and the original Reptile Fatality.

Mortal Kombat will feature Kratos as a playable character, as well as be in Stereoscopic 3-D exclusively in the PS3 version. The brutal warrior from the acclaimed God of War franchise will have his own customized move set, fatality, and fighting arena, available to all original purchasers when Mortal Kombat hits stores.

The newest chapter of the iconic fighting franchise marks a triumphant return to the series’ mature presentation and a reinvention of its classic 2-D fighting mechanic. In addition, Mortal Kombat introduces a number of new game-play features including tag team and a deeper story mode. Players can choose from an extensive lineup of the game’s renowned warriors and challenge their friends in traditional 1 vs. 1 matches or take on several new game modes.
this might sound stupid but does anyone know if one gets the tournament addition do all 3 of the sub zero scorpian and reptile costumes come in that pack?
SNIKT is offline   Reply With Quote