Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 12-07-2017, 12:25 PM   #61
Barbarian
Jedi Order

These games hurt so much to play. It's torture and pleasure. Mostly torture.
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 01:34 PM   #62
damienjakk
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
Bringing this back.

Finally decided to play the 2nd DLC and what a headache trying to kill those to mothers at the bottom of the pit (at the Dreg Heep or something like that). I don't know how many times I almost killed the final boss (1 hit or 2 left) before it killed me.

I know I am not the best at this game, even with the help of the 2 AI characters, but seeing someone online defeat these guys by himself showed me how bad I am.
Wait til you get to the Midir fight.
damienjakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 02:00 PM   #63
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by damienjakk View Post
Dude! No doubt. One of the most challenging fights of all the DS games.
Old 12-07-2017, 02:37 PM   #64
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarian View Post
These games hurt so much to play. It's torture and pleasure. Mostly torture.
Tell me about it. A few times when I was almost beat the final boss my heart was beating so fast I thought I was going to have a heart attack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by damienjakk View Post
Oy, this will be fun.

Guys, in this section, I could only get 2 helpers but a few times I've seen a 3rd summon sign but as soon as I click on the 2nd one the 3rd one disappears. I thought I heard or read somewhere there was a way to allow a 3rd helper, where a ring or something. Do you guys know?
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 06:41 PM   #65
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Guys, in this section, I could only get 2 helpers but a few times I've seen a 3rd summon sign but as soon as I click on the 2nd one the 3rd one disappears. I thought I heard or read somewhere there was a way to allow a 3rd helper, where a ring or something. Do you guys know?
Can't you use that old rotten finger thing to summon extra guests? At least, I think that's what it does. I haven't ever actually used it.
Old 12-08-2017, 12:42 AM   #66
damienjakk

Quote:
Tell me about it. A few times when I was almost beat the final boss my heart was beating so fast I thought I was going to have a heart attack!

Oy, this will be fun.

I never summon so I don't know, but I do know that the more summons you use the more HP the boss gets and the damage they deal keeps going up, so you are better off with one, maybe 2 summons at the most if you are having trouble.

Edit: What kind of build do you have? I can suggest some gear/strats.
Old 12-08-2017, 10:19 AM   #67
Y3E
Gen 13

Oh, I did not know that about summons and more HP for the bosses. Maybe I should try to fight these guys on my own.

I play as a sorcerer and upgraded too much. I am at about 200 level or something. At this level I have armored up but do not carry a shield, just a staff, healing artifact and the fire hand. I should remove the fire hand (I don't use it at all at this point) and carry a shield but I suck at blocking anyways. Plus, if I equip a shield I would have to remove either some armor or swords as I would be too heavy and can't run fast.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 11:18 AM   #68
damienjakk

Quote:
Oh, I did not know that about summons and more HP for the bosses. Maybe I should try to fight these guys on my own.

I play as a sorcerer and upgraded too much. I am at about 200 level or something. At this level I have armored up but do not carry a shield, just a staff, healing artifact and the fire hand. I should remove the fire hand (I don't use it at all at this point) and carry a shield but I suck at blocking anyways. Plus, if I equip a shield I would have to remove either some armor or swords as I would be too heavy and can't run fast.
Level 200...are you in NG+ or higher?

Anyway, armor is a non issue at this point. It has much less relevance in this game than any other DS game so feel free to switch it out if you have to. Taking 10 more points of damage for the ability to fast roll isn't even a question.

First priority would be to grab yourself a Black Knight Shield, it has very high fire resistance so you can pretty much turtle the entire fight, especially if you are a caster.

This boss is also weak to bleed, so be sure to stock up on Carthus Rouge if your weapon is buffable. Also, as with most bosses that fall into the "giant beast" category, stay as close as possible and between his legs where most of his moves cannot hit you and you can freely unload your stamina bar and have time to retreat and block if need be before repeating the process.

Not sure of your Int./Faith levels, but I would suggest Dark Magic spells like Affinity and Great Soul Dreg if your stats permit. In any case make sure you have the Young Dragon Ring and the Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring to boost your sorcery damage output.

Remember that one of the demons will go into a cool down period during the first phase of this fight, use this time to apply the above strategy, and when both are chasing you down fall back on your shield and casting more.

Try to down the Demon from Below first also as his move set changes in the final phase depending on which one you killed first. The fire variation has easily telegraphed attacks and all of his fire spells can easily be rolled and strafed out of.

Hope this helps.
Old 12-08-2017, 12:00 PM   #69
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Awesome avatar, damienjakk!
Old 12-08-2017, 12:41 PM   #70
damienjakk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarian View Post
Awesome avatar, damienjakk!
Thanks. I applied it a few years ago as a goof, but the nazis on the PCS board were so offended by it I decided to extend it's presence.