Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-18-2014, 04:08 AM   #21
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
I'll probably build a Conan vs the world display.
Just take a long shelf and place the Conan Rage of the Undying facing the ARH Minotaurus and Oglavaeil, they are the two 'tanks'.

Behind them, the Siren, lurking. I could make a hole in the shelf where the Siren emerges from the water, her tail would go down on the lower shelf.
At the Siren's side, Kier the Valkyrie as a bodyguard.

Behind them, Xiall as the back-line sorcerer and behind her, on a riser, Morthigull, end level boss

I'd also tape the back panel of the shelf with a big fantasy poster/print with a cathacomb/undead theme.
That's more or less my wet dream.
So which one's the goalkeeper?
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 08:35 AM   #22
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Guys this line is going to blow us away in not even kidding! I think down the road! Trust me if these protos are any indication of what were in store for were in for a real treat.... These to me are like someone's favorite potato chips you can't have just one... I probably won't be able to score them all but going to have nice little court of the dead set up...

Do you know how cool these are all going to look if you have them all grouped In and next to each other? It's going to be sick in a amazing way!!

Sarah
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 09:51 AM   #23
dechirico7
The Flash

Agreed.
Now I have to plan how I am going to display them. I would like them displayed side-by-side at eye level. I have a hard time with my cabinets now, they are kind of like the Ikea Besta. I built them with my dad (a woodworker) based off of the Besta specs. I feel the need to constantly move stuff around due to not being able to view everything.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 10:41 AM   #24
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Agreed.
Now I have to plan how I am going to display them. I would like them displayed side-by-side at eye level. I have a hard time with my cabinets now, they are kind of like the Ikea Besta. I built them with my dad (a woodworker) based off of the Besta specs. I feel the need to constantly move stuff around due to not being able to view everything.
Yeah I'm same way dechirico7 we don't have enough room to display all at once either but these will eventually go in out basement all together and I probably won't have them out all year, the last quarter of the year and especially around Halloween these will all be out! My hubby loves horror related things too but when we have guests over their going to be creeped out... Hahha

I just hope these aren't too outrageous in pricing because if some of the bigger pieces are close to reaper size and price I don't think I'll be able to do too many! Just hope that most of them are not too much over $400 especially since this is sideshows original line, but may just toss that hypothesis out window because with their Dinosauria line they are close to reaching $400 after shipping.... And part of the reason I always bought these is because they were under $300! Times have changed that's for sure and are making it lots harder to collect as many as we use to in the past....

Sarah
Old 07-18-2014, 03:03 PM   #25
Thor57
Teen Titans

I have a rough idea for a Court display.

All facing off against Wonder Woman. I'm not getting Supes or Batman, so her alone is out of place. If i do keep her, I think with all her weapons and a "Come get some" look on her face she'll fit in nicely to contrast a fantasy level good vs evil.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 03:17 PM   #26
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
I have a rough idea for a Court display.

All facing off against Wonder Woman. I'm not getting Supes or Batman, so her alone is out of place. If i do keep her, I think with all her weapons and a "Come get some" look on her face she'll fit in nicely to contrast a fantasy level good vs evil.
Yeah cool thing for us when collecting we don't have to have all the same line ridge next to each other.... For instance I'm probably going to pair up Apocalypse next to Lobo when I get him... I think they will look sweet next to each other and you will have nice Marvelvs DC mash up.. People that have serious OCD can't have some set up like your describing but I think it will be unique and interesting!

Sarah
Old 07-18-2014, 03:33 PM   #27
Thor57
Teen Titans

Nah. I like being creative. I can mix companies, be it comic or statue producer. I also don't mind mixing 1/4 and 1/6 if uniformity isn't required. Gladiator Hulk at 1/4 and 32 inches is going to look badass with my Bowen action Thor 1/6 scale at only 19 inches (which 5 or so inches is pure hammer swing and base.). The Hulk should tower over others, even my favorite, Thor.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 01:11 AM   #28
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

This reveals more of her body. A very interesting/unique design.

EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 08:57 AM   #29
Python
Omega Red

She looks just as good as the concept art! This line is really looking good.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 11:17 AM   #30
Sithlord32
New Republic

I like the sugar skull influence in her portrait.
Sithlord32 is offline   Reply With Quote