Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-09-2018, 10:38 AM   #2991
JasonH
Doh!

I recently purchased he-man to go with my Skeletor since they announced Orko. I really hope they don’t let me down. At a minimum I want to see man-at-Arms, stratos, trapjaw and beastman. If they did a battlecat that would be icing on the cake. But I’m starting to worry that they have lost interest in this line again.
JasonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 11:10 AM   #2992
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

It takes time to get these out, even at the proto type phase. The orko was shown/teased. But take the Thundercats for instance, that Mumm-ra was sculpted a while ago (I spoke to the sculptor), but then had to go through mold/cast, paint and cut/sew. It can take months or even over a year to get a prototype ready.

Just be patient.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 05:43 AM   #2993
melkor23
The Spirit

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/whats-new/orko-statue/

"Tweeterhead and Sideshow are very excited to announce that the first piece in this continuation of the Masters of the Universe Statue line will be Orko! Read more about Orko and the Masters of the Universe line in a brand new blog! Pre-Orders for Orko will begin on Thursday, January 25, 2018 between Noon – 3PM (Pacific Time)."
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	311221.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	240.2 KB
ID:	110717  
melkor23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 08:08 AM   #2994
Lorde Trooper
The Herculoids

Why would the pre-order only be up for 3hrs??? Am I missing something? Or will it be starting between those hours, no set time?
Lorde Trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 08:44 AM   #2995
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

It starts during that time.

Pre-Orders for Orko will begin on Thursday, January 25, 2018 between Noon – 3PM (Pacific Time).
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 11:23 AM   #2996
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorde Trooper View Post
Why would the pre-order only be up for 3hrs??? Am I missing something? Or will it be starting between those hours, no set time?
They are giving you a time range of when the PO can start. In other words, PO could start as early as 12pm or as late as 3pm ...or it could start sometime in between.
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 09:45 PM   #2997
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
They hired a bunch of Comcast employees who need a big window to get something done to account for coffee breaks or stuck in internet traffic. Water cooler talk? Yeah a 3 hour window to post something online is silly. But at least we know the day.
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 03:36 AM   #2998
Lorde Trooper
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
They hired a bunch of Comcast employees who need a big window to get something done to account for coffee breaks or stuck in internet traffic. Water cooler talk? Yeah a 3 hour window to post something online is silly. But at least we know the day.
Yep I thought it was a little crazy to have a 3hr window, makes it a bit harder for people balancing work, or international collectors that are likely to be asleep. But if it works for them all well and good.
Lorde Trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 08:56 AM   #2999
bwestley13
Birdman

Quote:
Yep I thought it was a little crazy to have a 3hr window, makes it a bit harder for people balancing work, or international collectors that are likely to be asleep. But if it works for them all well and good.
Its not a window. Its a start time. They didnt know if the start would be noon or 3pm. You will still be able to preorder it until it either ships or until it sells out. Sideshow seems to over produce their pieces now and some EX can still be bought months after it ships. The Green Phoenix is the only piece I can think of that sold out fast in the past year.
bwestley13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 09:42 AM   #3000
Vpuik
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwestley13 View Post
Its not a window. Its a start time. They didnt know if the start would be noon or 3pm. You will still be able to preorder it until it either ships or until it sells out. Sideshow seems to over produce their pieces now and some EX can still be bought months after it ships. The Green Phoenix is the only piece I can think of that sold out fast in the past year.
Pretty much every hot piece that had es set at launch which was really only thanos, iron man and Phoenix
Vpuik is offline   Reply With Quote