Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 03-28-2017, 04:33 AM   #1791
Webb
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectorcol View Post
To be fair we're yet to see a picture of a decent one, one I'd be happy to receive.
Paul said they were talking pictures yesterday around 2pm,nothing was posted yet.
Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 04:40 AM   #1792
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webb View Post
I don't know where you are,but Europeans are already receiving theirs.BTW the number thing is useless don't bother.
Not all Europeans. Another month for me.
Was this piece first come first served with the numbers?
First order gets #1 etc.
Quote:
Paul said they were talking pictures yesterday around 2pm,nothing was posted yet.
I know. Not hard to take and post a picture.
They already said they looked fine
Collectorcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 05:28 AM   #1793
CAIN MKII
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Very informative, keep it like that for the next hours until tomorrow morning.
CAIN MKII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 09:12 AM   #1794
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

With the extreme amount of activity in the thread - insults - bans - trolls - apologists ...

I'm curious to see these pictures.

But in reality the pictures don't mean anything as there has been a considerable discrepancy between the Chronicle pictures and what looks to be the actual product.

I'm very curious to see how this plays out.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 01:27 PM   #1795
CAIN MKII
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Love and hate, two sides of a same coin.
CAIN MKII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 01:42 PM   #1796
ChrisLikesDinos
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Hopefully this all works out for the best.

While that JPToys group on FB has an incredible bias against Chronicle for unknown reasons, the less than ideal feedback over images of this piece has been a LOT more widespread across multiple Jurassic communities. That really bad image with the clear QC issues has spread like wildfire of Twitter, Instagram, FB, and Jurassic fan sites.

Hopefully Chronicle can get some images up that will set everyone's worries at ease (and find out just what happened with those other pieces - even the ones without paint smudges aren't up to par IMO)

This whole thing is so atypical for Chronicle, and the issue is it's the flagship Jurassic piece - this is what is making or breaking Chronicles reputation among a lot of Jurassic collectors. Obviously if it's a bust, they can regain fan favor with future pieces - but I hope this all works out for the best.
ChrisLikesDinos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 01:47 PM   #1797
avenger1212
Fantastic Four

High end collectors will probably continue buying, as they will continue to be in the market for more high end stuff, and don't tend to dwell on a single piece beyond its release since they have interests reaching outside that piece and are on to the next one. I think this is why people continue to go to the SSC and Hot Toys well, even when you have stuff like the X-men Rogue PF and melting Hot Toys rubber suits. They know there are hits and misses in the hobby, everything will have some detail wrong with it, but overall when something turns out good, it's really good. Even if this turns out bad, I will keep my eye on the raptor egg I hear CC is working on. I may be unlikely to preorder it though, as my trust in CC will have taken a hit. But, I wouldn't say I'm out of the market for them because I've been through all this before. Hits and misses. Some misses hurt more than others of course.

The typical movie lover, or franchise collector that doesn't shell out these prices for things often, will be a lot harder to get back. By CC's own admission, we are not their primary market, so messing up the flagship Jurassic piece as you so adeptly put it, would be problematic for them, and their reputation will carry over on future releases in this segment IMO. That said, I don't believe the claim that we are not their primary market. One forum isn't the whole sure, but like minded people to us very much are, and we tend to be well connected. I'm on Facebook groups, multiple forums, watch twitter and collectors blogs. You're dead on when pointing out the results of a product will quickly spread beyond something like the Statue Forum. So when Paul said SF doesn't represent his typical buyers, I'm a pretty big skeptic of that statement, and his participation here lends credibility to my belief. And even if true, whoever his typical buyer is has certainly seen the photos of this piece.
avenger1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 02:00 PM   #1798
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

CC sometimes likes to shoot themselves in the foot they said, pics were coming yesterday and nothing... knowing that everybody is desperate to see something from them. ohh well, that means they are working hard and that's the important thing.
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 02:07 PM   #1799
avenger1212
Fantastic Four

I don't think he said photos were coming yesterday did he? I thought he just said they were opening them up and taking photos yesterday and would post some to Facebook. I don't recall specifics on when though...
avenger1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 02:12 PM   #1800
ChrisLikesDinos
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by avenger1212 View Post
I don't think he said photos were coming yesterday did he? I thought he just said they were opening them up and taking photos yesterday and would post some to Facebook. I don't recall specifics on when though...
Yeah, as far as I know this is the case. I imagine we'll get pics today or soon.
ChrisLikesDinos is offline   Reply With Quote