Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 12-07-2017, 10:27 PM   #2801
ultrazilla
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

I love my BO Rex to the bone, sure the face paint could use more care but the overall paint, sculpture, detail and pose is darn amazing. Another plus is it would sit perfectly in scale with I Rex which will come to my display in due time .
Also you guys check out the new trailer for FK.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn9mMeWcgoM
CC please do the new Rexy in this pose
ultrazilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 11:59 AM   #2802
Bagassi
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo View Post
The last days I wrote much about another company that has a license for JP statues. They posted small teasers of their product and many people freaked out about the quality and the look of the statues. Now we have a look at the complete diorama and it´s not as good as expected.
When I look at my breakout-rex in my cabinet it looks awesome.
Maybe it´s not perfect painted but the overall look of the statue is very good and jp-like.
I am very happy to have it in my collection.
as soon as i saw how bad the IS rex looked i felt even happier about picking up a break out rex. looks amazing on my shelf.
Bagassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 12:04 PM   #2803
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagassi View Post
as soon as i saw how bad the IS rex looked i felt even happier about picking up a break out rex. looks amazing on my shelf.
you blind then. sure, is not perfectly accurate but it looks amazing!!!
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 12:51 PM   #2804
Bagassi
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaboy311 View Post
you blind then. sure, is not perfectly accurate but it looks amazing!!!
it looks awkward as hell. nice detail though.
Bagassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 01:18 PM   #2805
clutch
Sailor Moon

[Sarcasm]That scene where the T-Rex pops up out of nowhere to take a chunk out of another dino was awesome! We've never seen that before![/Sarcasm]
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 01:24 PM   #2806
Steve evans
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo View Post
The last days I wrote much about another company that has a license for JP statues. They posted small teasers of their product and many people freaked out about the quality and the look of the statues. Now we have a look at the complete diorama and it´s not as good as expected.
When I look at my breakout-rex in my cabinet it looks awesome.
Maybe it´s not perfect painted but the overall look of the statue is very good and jp-like.
I am very happy to have it in my collection.
Well said Timo, I agree completely.
The last few days should give CC a well deserved confidence boost.
A note to CC....don't get drawn into online debates defending yourselves, you don't need to...let your products do the talking. Many JP fans absolutely love what you're doing!!
Steve evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 08:33 PM   #2807
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve evans View Post
Well said Timo, I agree completely.
The last few days should give CC a well deserved confidence boost.
A note to CC....don't get drawn into online debates defending yourselves, you don't need to...let your products do the talking. Many JP fans absolutely love what you're doing!!
Thanks folks! Hope you enjoyed my FB Live today.

- Robert
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 09:34 PM   #2808
Dinos4Ever
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
When we created the Breakout there are no assets from JP, period. So anyone saying they have anything from ILM regarding the first film isn't quite telling the whole story.

There are assets from Jurassic World, but the rex is very different in that film. We worked closely with ILM and Amblin doing countless overlays and getting advice from the two companies.

Paul
Um, this is entirely inaccurate. There have been wireframe models in various poses plus full models in neutral pose available to the public for 17 years. There's been ARTICLES written about them, gifs made from them.

Furthermore, when Spielberg oversaw the transition of the movie into 3D in 2013, he and ILM deconstructed the movie and reconstructed it, meaning they redid the ILM wireframes as well.

There's even a featurette on the blu-ray release that showed off what they did:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Sp8tSNnKy4

So to state that there was nothing to work off of until YOU came along is a bold faced lie. There was plenty of reference material to work with.

That said, I do agree that the sculpt for the Breakout Rex is phenomenal, despite being marred by the final paint scene.
Dinos4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 09:51 PM   #2809
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

ILM doesn't have those assets available to licensees, period. You are wrong that you could use these wireframe assets for anything more than maybe a pose.

I've been working with Glen at ILM and he assures me there is nothing useful from JP, I'll take that as the gospel from the man that designed Indominous and worked with us on our Breakout.

So again, there are no useable assets from JP unlike Jurassic World where ILM actually designed the poses and gave us the zbrush files for the Indomious and Rex fight.

Sorry to say, you are wrong. But hey maybe you have the juice to get the files, useable wired pose files that are completely skinned. I didn't say that they didn't create this for the film, it's just not available to a licensee.

Paul

Last edited by Chronicle CS; 12-08-2017 at 10:48 PM.
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 10:02 PM   #2810
Dinos4Ever
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
ILM doesn't have those assets available to licensees, period. You are wrong that you could use these wireframe assets for anything more than maybe a pose.

I've been working with Glen at ILM and he assures me there is nothing useful from JP, I'll take that as the gospel from the man that designed Indominous and worked with us on our Breakout.

So again, there are no useable assets from JP unlike Jurassic World where ILM actually designed the poses and gave us the zbrush files for the Indomious and Rex fight.

Sorry to say, you are wrong. But hey maybe you have the juice to get the files, useable wired pose files that are completely skinned. I didn't say that they didn't create this for the film, it's just NOT available to a licensee.

Paul
>Claims not to have assets available, period.
>Is shown assets available.
>Amends statement to "useable" original files.

This is called goal post moving.
Dinos4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote