Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-02-2020, 01:16 PM   #711
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANIEL RAND View Post
That's right, I justified to the other colleague the ten points attributed to the SS because the screaming Sideshow head is simply the best among the four heads in question in our debate.
Detail wise XM's screaming portrait looks better than SS, the problem is he's looking upward... IMO the real issue with both screaming heads is how often do we see Cyclops screaming when using his visor in the comics or even in the movies, the only times I remember seeing that is when his visor is broken...

I think for $1200+ (average price for North American collectors when shipping is considered for the two torso version) XM made some questionable choices... That said, SS simplistic look of no textures and min. detail does make the statue look a bit more like a toy than a statue IMO. I know some people prefer the simplistic look as it reminds them of the old comics but if you do prefer detail and more realism than maybe XM's price tag might be worth it if you really want a Cyclops right now, just depends on your priorities & preferences...

If I had to give an honest opinion here, if price is considered than SS wins the contest (at least for North American collectors)... Although if shipping is not considered, the difference in price is $200
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 11:14 PM   #712
Comicbookguy
Hercules

The new ss cyclops looks 100 times better than the first! Amazing! I like this one the best. The fan art massive one with the sentinel hand was up there as well.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 01:04 AM   #713
srttoz
Mephisto

Thats what I don't understand. Don't get me wrong, I think this piece is great but he should have a textured suit to fit the rest, maybe lose the undies, and of course he should have been on a Sentinel piece or Danger Room. Snow makes little sense IMO.
srttoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 02:26 AM   #714
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by srttoz View Post
he should have a textured suit to fit the rest
Jean’s not textured.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 06:24 AM   #715
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I am going back and forth whether to get this one as I have the XM version. SS Cyclops is getting harder to resist as the days goes by. Sideshow needs to reveal Storm already so I can divert my attention to her.
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 08:20 AM   #716
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Jean’s not textured.
That's a good point...
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 08:55 AM   #717
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
That's a good point...
Yep, you have a realistic portrait and a cartoon body, SS should have textured all their X-Men costumes IMO... but that's just because I prefer the more realistic look than the 2-d cartoon look of the old comic books.

As the old saying goes "“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 09:23 AM   #718
SDguy

That's fair, at least you are consistent lol.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 12:19 AM   #719
Cougrcrumby
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Getting back into the hobby. Just put this one on flex as well as ordering the gambit piece. I’m on the wait list for the ex of colossus. Don’t have much hopes of getting that one I’ll wait until beginning of September and then I’ll, pull the trigger on the regular. As far as the argument between the XM piece and the ss cyclops, I really enjoyed gem mints comparison review onyoutube.
Cougrcrumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 10:36 AM   #720
Tempest
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Yep, you have a realistic portrait and a cartoon body, SS should have textured all their X-Men costumes IMO... but that's just because I prefer the more realistic look than the 2-d cartoon look of the old comic books.

As the old saying goes "“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”
i prefer more realistic costumes as well, ut for some reason, Jean doesn't bother me. Would have been a nice touch though
Tempest is offline   Reply With Quote