Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-21-2020, 09:11 AM   #31
badhulk
Nightwing

I got the iron studios hulk from sideshow came in 3 boxes 97 pound was only 100 for me
badhulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 10:58 AM   #32
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
If you live in the US, buy from BBTS. no where else is cheaper when everything is said and done.
Just pay attention to how much BBTS is jacking up the price. They generally list Prime 1 statues higher than retail to cover the high shipping so they can offer their $4 rate. Sometimes it's a better deal, but sometimes it's not--especially if you factor in reward points through Prime 1 or Sideshow.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 11:38 AM   #33
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
If you live in the US, buy from BBTS. no where else is cheaper when everything is said and done.
I think for some the certainty is great even if they pay a few bucks more in cases.

Nothing like planning on $100 shipping and getting hit with $300+ on a statue.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 06:53 PM   #34
ambasah
Red Skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I think for some the certainty is great even if they pay a few bucks more in cases.

Nothing like planning on $100 shipping and getting hit with $300+ on a statue.
this.

BBTS guarantees the $4 even if the statue doesn't ship for 1-2 years. no hidden surprises. And they have exclusives too. P1, SS and the rest may give you an estimated shipping cost now...but it isn't guaranteed, so who knows what the "real" cost will be down the road...
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 07:09 PM   #35
ambasah
Red Skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
Just pay attention to how much BBTS is jacking up the price. They generally list Prime 1 statues higher than retail to cover the high shipping so they can offer their $4 rate. Sometimes it's a better deal, but sometimes it's not--especially if you factor in reward points through Prime 1 or Sideshow.
the price difference isn't that significant I think. For example, the newest joker exclusive at SS is $1199. BBTS has it for $1253 ($4 shipping for total of $1257).

With SS you get 5% back in points (so $60) $1199-$60= 1139.

$1257-1139 = $118. I would be quite surprised to see a shipping price of $118 or less from SS. If shipping is $119 or more...you over paid.

The newest 1:3 DK bats...which is shipping this month from SS has $190 shipping cost to me to NY as an example.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 01:07 AM   #36
DLMEsquire44
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by leplant View Post
Salt Lake, and shipping on Deathstroke is $330. I could drive to Sideshows warehouse and pick it up for less.
$330 is what they wanted to charge me for Deathstroke to Florida. I couldn't take it, so I cancelled my order.
DLMEsquire44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 07:59 AM   #37
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
the price difference isn't that significant I think. For example, the newest joker exclusive at SS is $1199. BBTS has it for $1253 ($4 shipping for total of $1257).

With SS you get 5% back in points (so $60) $1199-$60= 1139.

$1257-1139 = $118. I would be quite surprised to see a shipping price of $118 or less from SS. If shipping is $119 or more...you over paid.

The newest 1:3 DK bats...which is shipping this month from SS has $190 shipping cost to me to NY as an example.
Yeah, it may not be a huge difference in price for some of these when you factor in everything from both companies. I will say that Sideshow has better customer service compared to BBTS--at least from my personal experience.

Also, Sideshow's shipping is all over the place when it comes to these statues, but I've paid as low as $60-100 for quite a few Prime statues from Sideshow. Unfortunately, I've also paid much, much more for beasts like Doomsday. The main issue with Sideshow's shipping is the uncertainty. The new Joker piece is actually small compared to some of the 1/3 statues so shipping may not be as bad as some people think.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 01:57 PM   #38
Demona
Martian Manhunter

This isn't Prime One exactly, but I read that businesses are paying double to triple the costs of shipping to get things out of China right now. So IF Sideshow opens the floodgates and their statues get moving again, we may be on the hook to pay double our usual shipping rates for a standard statue box.

I feel for those getting P1 pieces shipped now. yikes.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 02:13 PM   #39
SONICobra
Batman

$200 to ship guyver III, canceled and reordered through bbts with $4 shipping. list price was the same but now had to pay sales tax which was $75 (damn i hate that). that was my last P1 piece through ss, any further orders will be going through secretcompass or bbts
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote