Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 09-07-2005, 09:52 AM   #11
leks
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I dunno in America but I don't think it's illegal to copy your brother's @ss in the Netherlands, weird yes, illegal no.
leks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 10:02 AM   #12
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Léon 't Hoen
illegal? so are kits. So don't give me that.
And by the way, we're not selling or trading any of it on this forum so it's not ON this forum.
So relax papa Zurb
Leon, don't argue with me about this. The comments were not about kits. They were about the illegal copying of movies and they were made on this forum. Enough said.
Zurbaran1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 10:22 AM   #13
thecallahan
THE HUGGERNAUT!!!

I got it for for 31 bucks because of a 5 dollar certificate for the rewards zone. Gonna go back to best buy tonight and pick up Battlestar galactica as I noticed they have it on sale before street date.

The set I can't wait for is Veronica Mars, what a great show!
thecallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 10:46 AM   #14
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecallahan
I got it for for 31 bucks because of a 5 dollar certificate for the rewards zone. Gonna go back to best buy tonight and pick up Battlestar galactica as I noticed they have it on sale before street date.

The set I can't wait for is Veronica Mars, what a great show!
I don't think they are selling Battlestar Galactica Season 1 before the street date. I picked it up a few weeks ago. It is the UK version of Season 1. I don't know what if any differences there are between this one and the US version.
Old 09-07-2005, 10:50 AM   #15
Leon
WHITE & NERDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurbaran1
Leon, don't argue with me about this. The comments were not about kits. They were about the illegal copying of movies and they were made on this forum. Enough said.
Okay, but I find it strange that if I talk about illegally copying, you step in and that's ok, that's your job here. But if others talk about making/selling kits which is just as illegal you don't step in.
Sorry, had to respond, won't speak of it again.
Now how about those Bears!
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 10:56 AM   #16
thecallahan
THE HUGGERNAUT!!!

Quote:
I don't think they are selling Battlestar Galactica Season 1 before the street date. I picked it up a few weeks ago. It is the UK version of Season 1. I don't know what if any differences there are between this one and the US version.
you're right, I remember seeing that sticker on there. Hmm, I'll have to investigate more now.
Old 09-07-2005, 11:10 AM   #17
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

The kit thing has been discussed at great length and often. Personally I don't have a problem with someone banging out a few kits as long as it is their work and not a recast. Is it illegal? If it's a licensed character and they haven't gotten a license then yes it is. Am I being a hypocrite. I guess. But the illegal copying of movies is flat out theft. No creativity involved at all. You're stealing something that doesn't belong to you and you haven't paid for, period. That's a lot different to me than some guy sculpting his own version of Darth Vader and selling a few on the side. In the end the kit business accounts for very little and has no impact on the bottom line dollarwise. The illegal copying of movies is much more serious and bordering on an epidemic. In the end the people who will get hurt are the moviegoers when the filmmakers decide not to make films because of the rampant theft of their work. I don't believe in it, I don't encourage it and I don't do it. If you or someone else out there wants to, that's your business. Not much I can do about it except ask you not to discuss it here.
Old 09-07-2005, 12:20 PM   #18
kirthew
Zot

Quote:

I remember reading this on DynamicForces.com. The UK version is just the show without all the cool extras that are going to be put on the US release, and I also believe that the US release is going to be cheaper. What happened is that Best Buy got an exclusive with Battlestar Galactica so they were able to release it before everyone else. The bad thing... is that it really is just the shows... So if you want the whole package... wait until Sept 20th.

Kirthew
kirthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 02:35 PM   #19
thecallahan
THE HUGGERNAUT!!!

Will do and thanks for the info Kirthew.
Old 09-07-2005, 10:40 PM   #20
Tony Coca
Teflon Don

I dont watch this show ...cause i have sense....but what the hell is on the Island.Is it like Jurrasic Park or some **** like that.
Tony Coca is offline   Reply With Quote