Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-10-2014, 04:09 PM   #1571
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatueEcon101 View Post
Hmm. Hot?
Your argument in your previous post was that she had a mans face but a hot body, so shouldn't your poor Photoshop attempt have been Arnie's face on WW body instead of WW face on Arnie's body ?

You are getting confused by your own trolling.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 04:19 PM   #1572
Smooth Criminal
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Is full reveal tommrow?
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 04:26 PM   #1573
StatueEcon101
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Dude, her face matches Arnold's.
Check the jaw line, cheeks, chin, nose. Other than the eyes and the pose of the mouth they are nearly identical. The point of putting her face on Arnold is that the wonder woman statue has a nearly identical face of a Mr. Universe Champion.

You can call what I'm doing a troll if you like but I am making a valid point. Her face is that of a mans. If I had put Arnolds face on her, would you have known that the cut out was from a picture of him as Conan?

You seem mad, perhaps a symptom of denial. My eye sees what my eye sees. I like perfection and all I can see is a guys face on a beautiful body. Instead of countering my argument that her face looks like that of a guy you call my post a troll?

The other thing is, production hasn't started why not emphasize the flaws and hope that they tweak the face to look a little more feminine? As a customer speak out. The other option is to speak with your wallet but that would hurt sideshows bottom line and perhaps damage the company. Isn't it more productive to say this statue has problems from the get go?

Your retort and those of the others make my case of peer pressure. I'm sorry I won't be pressured into agreeing with you, this is my opinion of this statue.
StatueEcon101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 04:33 PM   #1574
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

No one is asking you to agree with anyone. Now one is even telling you to like this piece. However you are trolling and I will ask you to reframe from posting in this thread again. You've made your point now move on.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 04:46 PM   #1575
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
Is full reveal tommrow?
Go back a few pages. There are pics that were leaked.
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 04:48 PM   #1576
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
Is full reveal tommrow?
A few pics can be found here:

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=142558
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 04:58 PM   #1577
risingstar
Jedi Order

Holy smokes. This looks amazing.
risingstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 05:11 PM   #1578
COI

Quote:
Dude, her face matches Arnold's.
Check the jaw line, cheeks, chin, nose. Other than the eyes and the pose of the mouth they are nearly identical. The point of putting her face on Arnold is that the wonder woman statue has a nearly identical face of a Mr. Universe Champion.

You can call what I'm doing a troll if you like but I am making a valid point. Her face is that of a mans. If I had put Arnolds face on her, would you have known that the cut out was from a picture of him as Conan?

You seem mad, perhaps a symptom of denial. My eye sees what my eye sees. I like perfection and all I can see is a guys face on a beautiful body. Instead of countering my argument that her face looks like that of a guy you call my post a troll?

The other thing is, production hasn't started why not emphasize the flaws and hope that they tweak the face to look a little more feminine? As a customer speak out. The other option is to speak with your wallet but that would hurt sideshows bottom line and perhaps damage the company. Isn't it more productive to say this statue has problems from the get go?

Your retort and those of the others make my case of peer pressure. I'm sorry I won't be pressured into agreeing with you, this is my opinion of this statue.
I already provided a retort to your point, but you're choosing to focus on the troll comments.

You, like many before you, seem to not understand the difference between subjectivity and objectivity. You presume that your view of the statue is objective, which would make it correct, thereby making viewpoints that contradict yours incorrect. You then proceed to rationalize that those incorrect views are the result of peer pressure to conform to an opinion that is not yours because, again, you can't seem to make the distinction between objective fact and subjective opinion. If you could, you wouldn't push this ridiculous "stop conforming to peer pressure" argument.

No one is trying to make you like this statue. The irony here is, you're the one trying to convince people NOT to like it by trying to break us all out of this spell of "peer pressure". You're free to not like the statue, and you're free to express your opinions, but don't presume to tell other people that they only like something because they're being pressured to like it, especially when your "evidence" is nothing more than your own SUBJECTIVE view.

Is that enough of a retort for you?
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 05:36 PM   #1579
floreairfoot
Sinister Six

If she looks like anyone, it's Lucy Lawless...

...and that's perfect, because Lucy Lawless looks like Wonder Woman!
floreairfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 05:43 PM   #1580
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
This wonder woman's face looks like a guy. If I remember correctly everyone from her island are supposed to be beautiful and extremely skilled warriors.

"Wonder Woman establishes that the Amazons are the reincarnated souls of women slain throughout pre-history by men. Shaped from clay over 3,000 years previous and given new lives by five Olympian goddesses — Artemis, Athena, Demeter, Hestia, and Aphrodite — the Amazons are granted immortality, great physical strength, highly acute senses, beauty, wisdom, and love for one another."
She is also the daughter of Zeus. I'm pretty sure that means she would be beautiful add in the fact that her mother was an amazon which means she is beautiful, she would be the most beautiful amazon of all.

This sculpt makes her look like a butherface, as in her body is hot but her face needs to go. Wonder woman is supposed to be so captivating in beauty, I don't see it in this sculpt. Sometimes it feels like people are caught up in some kind of peer pressure to like something. Or it could be the fact that there are not that many Wonder woman statues available that anything released would look great in peoples minds.

The other problem with this sculpt is it seems to be a direct rip off of the kotobukiya wonder woman released last year.
Another words you want a girly girl statue based on a playboy bunny, In that case stick to bishoujo statues.... Go look at any girl that has a very athletic body with low body fat, there going to have sharp lines to their face.. If anything I guess you could accuse SS of doing a WW that is to realistic looking.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote