Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-05-2015, 11:51 PM   #5571
SONICobra
Batman

ex #2492 showed up in great condition, she really is a stunning piece. im passing her along to a local boardie so shell be going to a good home
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 12:09 AM   #5572
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Snow is causing shipping delays.

Anybody in affected areas add at least a day if you're waiting on this.
Is that what it is; I was wondering. Sucks about the "batch" shipments necessitated by the port issues as mine usually come straight up the west coast. I was to have had mine yesterday but it looks like it will be this weekend or early next week which is cool I guess.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 01:28 AM   #5573
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

The more I look at the final statue, the one thing I find odd is the hair. It looks like Sideshow took the sculpted hair from the sculptor and lifted it up and rotated forward. You can the spot where the is supposed to go around the spear but some reason they lifted the hair away from the body. It make the hair stand up too tall . And the part instead of just going from front to back, it goes up. Not sure why the change before production. The hair would have looked better the way the sculpt originally intended it to sit.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 03:13 AM   #5574
jansen
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Mine arrived at work today. I am very excited and nervous about opening it. I finish work at midnight so I can't wait to get it home and assemble it.
jansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 04:31 AM   #5575
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
Is that what it is; I was wondering. Sucks about the "batch" shipments necessitated by the port issues as mine usually come straight up the west coast. I was to have had mine yesterday but it looks like it will be this weekend or early next week which is cool I guess.
That's what it is if you live in an affected area, and I guess by extension if your package stops in an area that's affected while on its way to you. Here's the email I got from UPS:

Quote:
Severe winter weather is impacting service in areas of the Southwest, Midwest, Southeast and Northeast.

There will be no pickups or deliveries today in the affected areas. We will work to ensure the safety of our employees while minimizing effects on service. Contingency plans are in place to ensure that shipments arrive at their final destinations as quickly as possible as conditions permit.

Check ups.com for the latest information on service delays, including ZIP codes where no pickups or deliveries are being made today.

Resources

To be notified via email or text when the status of your package has changed, select the Request Status Updates feature when tracking your shipment on ups.com. Please continue to check ups.com for service updates as well.

For information about the service impact on UPS Freight pickups and deliveries, please visit UPS Freight.

Note that the UPS Service Guarantee does not apply when transportation networks are disrupted due to events of this nature. For more information, refer to the UPS Tariff/Terms and Conditions of Service.
There was a lot of snow here, I don't know anybody who had to go to work. I suppose work at homes and snow truck drivers were among the few. I wouldn't doubt a few convenience stores and gas stations were open but everything else closed so it's no wonder deliveries stopped. On one hand it sucks to wait extra but on the other hand people have to be safe. I'd rather wait than have people in the snow knee deep and higher.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 10:50 AM   #5576
jansen
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Ah man! Was so busy at work and stayed 45 min overtime, that I totally forgot to take the statue home.... ��
jansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 11:23 AM   #5577
traylorc
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Mine arrived yesterday...and I was relieved that there were no issues. I opened the box with the idea that I was going to find something wrong with this PF.

Then it dawned on me...isn't it a shame that the arrival of a new SS PF is accompanied by an attitude of "what I am going to find wrong with this piece"? It's a shame that when purchasing a SS product you spend a portion of your time desperately hoping that you receive an "acceptable" product.
traylorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 12:22 PM   #5578
thebatmanfan
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by traylorc View Post
Mine arrived yesterday...and I was relieved that there were no issues. I opened the box with the idea that I was going to find something wrong with this PF.

Then it dawned on me...isn't it a shame that the arrival of a new SS PF is accompanied by an attitude of "what I am going to find wrong with this piece"? It's a shame that when purchasing a SS product you spend a portion of your time desperately hoping that you receive an "acceptable" product.
thats how I feel opening every statue I purchase lol
thebatmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 12:25 PM   #5579
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by traylorc View Post

I have this feeling on any statue I receive (not just SS).
Old 03-06-2015, 02:33 PM   #5580
shin3000
Shadowhawk

ok mine has finally left LA and now stuck at MEMPHIS..... awwww the endless wait!
shin3000 is offline   Reply With Quote