Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-01-2015, 02:56 AM   #6071
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoid18 View Post
Wait, I thought that you only had a problem with the hair not being centred with one of your WW PFs?
When I first inspected the statue, it wasn't in bright light. I recieved the 2 statues in 2 different weeks. Only when I did my photoshoot together did I noticed there are QC issues. the base had a chip on the side; the shield had a 2 1/2 and 1/4 inch scraps on the shield. I thought it was it was normal until I compared it to the other shield. One of the leg of WW had a massive scrap which was covered up by paint. I never bought the hair issue to SSC because I wasn't bothered too much on it.

This is my first QC issue for almost a year and a half. I normally don't bring up flaws or nitpick unless the statue was actually damaged and not paint flaws etc.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 12:24 PM   #6072
Yuca
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorocketcat View Post
Yeah, it's like they're trying to con the buyer with a cover up.

I did get a reply, and will be shipped a new body and spear hand. Fingers crossed.
SIDESHOW'S "QC" MEANS
SIDESHOW'S QUICK CON.
Yuca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 12:28 PM   #6073
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
See, now this sort of thing just makes zero sense to me. If a customer emails and complains about an issue and a replacement is going to be sent out, you would think customer service would at least give the replacement a proper one over, to make sure the replacement doesn't have the same issue. this to me is just common sense.

I have been very lucky with the statues I have purchased as of late, including WW, but given the complaints I have seen on this forum....well, Sideshow CLEARLY needs to take a step back and reevaluate their entire process. Most importantly, they need to figure out a better system for quality control. Many of the problems I am seeing are just unacceptable. Like the Queen of the Dead statues that have the uneven tattoo on her back. that sort of thing is simply unacceptable and should have been caught before it was ever sent out. Quality control simply isn't doing their job, at least nowhere near good enough.

It would be one thing if these were $150 statues, but $350-$400, Sideshow needs to do better, a lot better.
Agreed. I was pretty specific about what the issue was and provided pics. If you go to a restaurant and your burger comes back missing something you would be pretty shocked if they brought you out a replacement missing the same damn thing. Some of the stuff they get away with is unheard of in almost any other service/good interaction with a customer.
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 05:38 PM   #6074
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

so just got my replacement parts, spear is broken and no hair, just my luck.

packing was to packed and broke the spear, with something that long and thin can't just throw it forced packing.

surprised they didn't include the hair when it said it was being replaced.

Last edited by Vince-Vell; 04-01-2015 at 05:43 PM.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 06:41 PM   #6075
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince-Vell View Post
so just got my replacement parts, spear is broken and no hair, just my luck.

packing was to packed and broke the spear, with something that long and thin can't just throw it forced packing.

surprised they didn't include the hair when it said it was being replaced.
Sorry to hear about your replacement troubles, John. I put in for my statue yesterday. I'm expecting anything at this point.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 09:27 PM   #6076
ambasah
Red Skull

I asked for replacement hair about 3 weeks ago.
2 weeks ago they told me there was a system glitch and I would receive a response in a few days.
I tried to follow up 1 week ago with no response.
This week they tell me they never received any of my messages and to resend the pics again. sigh...
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 09:51 PM   #6077
kingdavidf
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

i should be getting mine in about two weeks and at this point i'm worried i will open the box and receive a dud.
kingdavidf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 10:45 AM   #6078
gorocketcat
Sailor Moon

Saw this at a local comic shop, and while the eyes were good, there were paint clumps on her skin.

Man I'm nervous about my replacement.
gorocketcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 07:55 AM   #6079
Yuca
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorocketcat View Post
Saw this at a local comic shop, and while the eyes were good, there were paint clumps on her skin.

Man I'm nervous about my replacement.
I received my replacement base yesterday but it was the worng number. Plus the base has scratch marks and a chip. Mann ......... Sideshow loves to spend money on RETURN COSTS. I have already requested the correct numbered base.
Yuca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 07:58 AM   #6080
Canadaguy705
Sailor Moon

I asked, with pics, to get the spear/arm replaced 2 weeks ago and still haven't heard back.

Are they that busy at the returns department? Or are they avoiding me hoping I'll go away?
Canadaguy705 is offline   Reply With Quote