Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-20-2017, 02:32 PM   #6561
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
I imagine a number of collectors feel the same way.
I went through the same process with WW and gave up. There's no way to tell after this long whether they anticipated the problems with the first batches or new they would be improving them in future ones (my guess is the didn't care enough until the returns/exchanges and potentially slowed sales began affecting their bottom-line.) If I liked this piece as much as I did when I first purchased her before being soured on it, I wouldn't mind paying the extra $50 now to get one that's built to last, and with an updated paint app, if it's like Supes.

That said, as obnoxious and unsustainable as shipping replacement hairpiece after replacement hairpiece must've been for SS, there was already so much cheap-feeling plastic parts on the original (the shield and hollow base) that "upgrading" that to PVC in the new batches is one reason I might prefer tracking down one from the older batch.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 03:03 PM   #6562
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Now this lends it to a different perspective, but one I think is equally unsettling.

So if Superman was changed, and/or if WW was too, for the better in materials, QC, paint apps etc -- why should people who bought her in the beginning get an inferior looking or structurally flawed piece?!

For example -- I ordered and received a WW that was scratched and flawed. So I exchanged her, got the same damn thing again. From there, I returned the piece because I wasn't playing the QC battle with SS anymore. I WANTED to keep WW, but I deserved a statue that wasn't scratched, had paint rubs and bad hair.

Now today, she is being cranked out with higher attention to detail and better materials. WTH?! Why should I have to pay more to get that when SS is admitting they didn't give their all the first time?! Hell, I MIGHT have been OK with SS saying "when we get to batch 2/3, we can give you a replacement...." but that was never an option given to me.

And why should people who own her now, not get to exchange for a better product if they so choose? And lord if I was a person took a credit to keep a busted WW, and had her repaired, I would be heated.

This is what I usually do and will certainly be doing from now on. Especially if the QC is on point and it's a huge edition.
I was in the same boat, broken hair and bending foot did not touch the base and opted for credit for both issues but if getting my money back from customs was an easy process, I would not have kept it.

I really hope there is no "tweaking" of WW
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 03:13 PM   #6563
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Nobody has confirmed if WW is getting a better treatment, but it wouldn't surprise me since Superman has been said to have undergone some potential tweaks for the better.
This is not the best thing to do to loyal buyers. They should have replacements for people who needs them if they are improving already sold statues to make them better from past qc issues.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 03:21 PM   #6564
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
This is not the best thing to do to loyal buyers. They should have replacements for people who needs them if they are improving already sold statues to make them better from past qc issues.
It should not be this hard to collect these statues, but with Sideshow, it sure is...
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 03:37 PM   #6565
doeboy
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Well, I'm glad I got a flawless WW. I'm curious if the new ones have improved paint or glossy eyes.
doeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 11:01 PM   #6566
Monocle
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
IMO, it's a good statue that's held back from being great by cut corners. I hate the pegs, especially on the switch-out arm, the base is hollow, and the shield and weapons/helmet that go into the base are plastic and look it.

With metal weapons, magnets, and some minor details added like skin texturing and the stars on her butt, it could have been a real masterpiece. As is, it's just decent.
Completely agree.

I ended up selling mine because life happened so I'm tempted to pick it up now. If they make some changes I can deal with the price increase.

Though I think I'm the only person I've seen who thinks her boobs are ugly and difficult to ignore, in fact I've wondered if I can get them customed or something, but I doubt it.
Monocle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 10:12 AM   #6567
boibleu22
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Now this lends it to a different perspective, but one I think is equally unsettling.

So if Superman was changed, and/or if WW was too, for the better in materials, QC, paint apps etc -- why should people who bought her in the beginning get an inferior looking or structurally flawed piece?!

For example -- I ordered and received a WW that was scratched and flawed. So I exchanged her, got the same damn thing again. From there, I returned the piece because I wasn't playing the QC battle with SS anymore. I WANTED to keep WW, but I deserved a statue that wasn't scratched, had paint rubs and bad hair.

Now today, she is being cranked out with higher attention to detail and better materials. WTH?! Why should I have to pay more to get that when SS is admitting they didn't give their all the first time?! Hell, I MIGHT have been OK with SS saying "when we get to batch 2/3, we can give you a replacement...." but that was never an option given to me.

And why should people who own her now, not get to exchange for a better product if they so choose? And lord if I was a person took a credit to keep a busted WW, and had her repaired, I would be heated.

This is what I usually do and will certainly be doing from now on. Especially if the QC is on point and it's a huge edition.
Times change, manufacturing methods change, exchange rates change, materials change.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I honestly see why people would expect SSC to accept a return from years ago.
boibleu22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 11:52 AM   #6568
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

So if sideshow tweaked a couple things about the statue to resolve some quality concern and then charge an extra $50 for it the people that bought the EX or regular version for the original price were cheated? Many got a great flawless statues for a price that has since rode of into the sunset. The EX at that. Aren't the people buying now loyal customers? Loyal customers who are paying $50 more for the exact same thing (well maybe a little different) others got. Don't we want companies to respond to customer concerns on quality? If you got a bad statue in the first batch and returned it I really don't get the issue. I've returned all kinds of things i wanted cause of quality issues. Sucks but as long as I get my money back it is what it is.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 12:24 PM   #6569
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
If prospective buyers don't like the $50 price increase, then they should speak with their wallets and not buy it. That's the beauty of the market; businesses charge what they want, and consumers decide whether or not to buy. Businesses then respond accordingly. It's a two-way street; Sideshow isn't obligated to sell at a specific price any more than buyers are obligated to buy at that price. The good news is, this isn't baby formula or electricity.
This is about as succinct as you could possibly explain in regards to supporting a company with your pocketbook.
Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 02:07 PM   #6570
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

It just sucks there will be better versions than what I already collected at no small expense without any knowledge at the time that better ones would be produced.

I don't have room to store the packing foam, that gets thrown out, so I can't just rebox it and sell them to some other collector as "mint", who probably wants the new ones anyways.

Replacing my trinity isn't really reasonable to me despite some superior new versions. The cost isn't that big an issue to me, it's the oh hey, by the way, we made even better ones now.
Oh so I should never pre-order anything and wait for the better versions in the future???

Why oh why didn't they just create some new statues of these characters with the better materials and QC????
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote