Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Just The Facts... > Collection Corner

Old 02-25-2016, 05:16 PM   #1
QOBrien67
Frackin!

QOBrien67's Collection: Upgraded Version~!

My last post of my collection felt like it needed an redo since it is been growing and probably can no longer be considered truly "minute." Then again, I've seen some of your collections...so maybe it could, lol.

The overall idea is that I'm looking to pair my statues with prints and/or first appearance comics, as well as any other interesting character related items that strike my fancy

For display, I've moved from the tops of various pieces of furniture to a custom built Ikea hack idea I got from Riteguy Tu. His was different than mine in construction / materials, but overall they're very similiar, I just tweaked it to fit in my with my home decor more.

Now, I'm just trying to fill in the overall ideas that I have left, so as I get them, you'll see the pics posted! Magneto Action, Juggernaut Action, Archangel and Mr.Sinister I got my eye on you...

Now on to the statues!

Here is the display as it stands currently (minus a newly added Silver Surfer #44 and Infinity Gauntlet #1 to Thanos's cube):

Here are a few of the "special" touches (beyond normal sign / sketch) that I was able to request from Randy:

Note: For those of you wondering "WTF is with the octopus and top hat?!" The Octopus is the logo of the gym I coach/fight out of, and the top hat is my calling card when I fight.

Here are a few of the individual prints paired with the statues (so you can see the actual prints):

And of course, the statue that got me started:

Enjoy!
QOBrien67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 05:40 PM   #2
Saturnyne
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Those Daredevil and Bane prints are pretty fantastic. Your case also turned out nicely, very cool,sir.
Saturnyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 06:39 PM   #3
SuperJ300
Zot

Awesome!!

Where did you get those prints, who did them?

Looks really nice.
SuperJ300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 06:56 PM   #4
QOBrien67
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturnyne View Post
Those Daredevil and Bane prints are pretty fantastic. Your case also turned out nicely, very cool,sir.
Yea, I just go through and try to pick the best representation I can of the character. Bane is more brooding and Daredevil kinda that sonar type feel.

And thanks, quite a few Sundays put in, but I'm super pleased with how it turned out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJ300 View Post
Awesome!!

Where did you get those prints, who did them?

Looks really nice.
I usually go to comic-cons and just go through all the individual vendors and see what I can find for the statues I have / will be getting soon.

I'll check the artists when I get home and post them up if I can find them.
Old 02-25-2016, 07:28 PM   #5
SuperJ300
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by QOBrien67 View Post

I usually go to comic-cons and just go through all the individual vendors and see what I can find for the statues I have / will be getting soon.

I'll check the artists when I get home and post them up if I can find them.
I managed to find him.

Artist is Rob Prior, just ordered that Bane print from eBay.
SuperJ300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 07:53 PM   #6
punisher129
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

great display!
punisher129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 01:44 AM   #7
QOBrien67
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJ300 View Post
I managed to find him.

Artist is Rob Prior, just ordered that Bane print from eBay.
Awesome man! Love that print.

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher129 View Post
great display!
Thanks sir, much appreciated!
Old 02-27-2016, 11:36 AM   #8
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Hey bro, I absolutely love the prints you have your statues paired with. I think I commented on that on the "other side". I especially enjoy the Venom statue and pairing, that Venom Bowen is one of the few remaining I am really hoping to get one day. Great taste on the faux bronze Thanos, that will always be one of my favourite statues ever. You box or fight MMA? neither? Both?
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 03:26 PM   #9
QOBrien67
Frackin!

Thanks Mr.Jones. Kickboxing / Muay Thai / Boxing. And yea, HUGE fan of the Thanos FB.

Got a few new updates to add, so wanted to toss them up!

#1 - Finally finished my Bane "display". I.E. I finally got all the comics I wanted to finish off how I wanted to show off the back breaker, my first statue. Both versions of Batman #497 and then the 1st Appearance Bane Vengeance of Bane #1.

#2 - This might be second on the list but not in my heart. :P I finally got the statue I've been wanting since I started collecting. The old school Bowen Magneto Action. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the XM Magneto (detail is so crazy), but this rendition takes me back to the 1990's Jim Lee X-Men, Marvel vs Capcom 2, Wolverine being de-Adamantiumed renditions of the "Master of Magnetism."

Old 03-28-2016, 05:10 PM   #10
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

That display looks fantastic, Riteguy's Ikea detolf hack is such a great idea, I'm working on one myself thanks to him.

Using small artists easels to display your loose comics next to the statue gives it a nice look, you can pick those small wooden easels up on ebay.

majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote