Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-19-2020, 12:45 AM   #1
leplant
Deadman

A whole new way to chase Sideshow grails?

I'm chasing some items I missed out on along the way. Typically I'm scowering ebay, but came across a sideshow piece I wanted on the Facebook Marketplace. Would love some feedback on buying there. I've never used it.
leplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 01:38 AM   #2
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by leplant View Post
I'm chasing some items I missed out on along the way. Typically I'm scowering ebay, but came across a sideshow piece I wanted on the Facebook Marketplace. Would love some feedback on buying there. I've never used it.
I just started using Facebook market place recently (since Aug). I picked up 4 statues there. EX Cable PF ($675), EX Logan PF ($500), EX Flash PF ($600), and EX Colossus PF ($750). The prices I listed included shipping. I saved a decent amount picking up these 4 statues on Facebook. The most important part is asking for references. People are pretty good at recommending sellers. Sellers should also be able to provide references. I trusted the sellers I bought from because they had excellent references. Facebook has been a great place for me personally when it comes to picking up statues I wanted to add to my collection.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 02:10 AM   #3
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Same deal as buying outside of a site like ebay...ask for pictures and references if you want and always pay as goods and services unless you're absolutely sure the person is good for it. You can find some good stuff/deals on FB...not having to pay tax is also nice.

If only the buy/sell on here was open to everyone...
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 03:57 PM   #4
leplant
Deadman

Thanks for the insight. Sideshow on ebay has become less abundant. I figured the market was migrating toward more opportune platforms. If there are still others, any info is appreciated.
leplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 06:43 PM   #5
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Other platforms? Ebay and FB are your best bets. Sites like Craigslist, Offerup, Amazon, and message boards are a few others. Also, if you want to take full advantage of FB I'd suggest joining some statue groups if you haven't already.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 07:16 PM   #6
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Ordered quite a bit from Mercari without issue although it's more for hard to find toys/funko, occasionally will find SideShow statues as well...
V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 07:22 PM   #7
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I have sold statues on Mercari. Don’t think that Poshmark is in the game since they are more high fashion and Rae Dunn lol
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 12:00 PM   #8
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
Other platforms? Ebay and FB are your best bets. Sites like Craigslist, Offerup, Amazon, and message boards are a few others. Also, if you want to take full advantage of FB I'd suggest joining some statue groups if you haven't already.
Great advice, joining groups is very important. The more groups joined, the more statues you can see for sale. Some sellers only list their statues on one or two groups. So you can easily miss out on a statue if you're not a member of multiple groups.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 04:34 PM   #9
HBK83
The Avengers

Facebook has best deals by far.
Build yourself in the community and sometimes people find sales for you of items you been looking for. I have purchased pieces $200-$300 less than the going rate.
And with 0 taxes
HBK83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 10:42 PM   #10
AtomX
Fantastic Four

delete
AtomX is offline   Reply With Quote