Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 06-26-2021, 03:02 AM   #111
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
Have you not watched Once Upon a Time in Hollywood? Margot did not escape Tarantino’s foot fetish.
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood has become my favourite Tarantino movie. Followed by Pulp Fiction. I do not recall any focus being on feet.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 03:39 AM   #112
ukshaun
Hercules

Prime 1 and Sideshow added a red line to the very top area of the boots. JND Studio's HQ boots do not appear to feature the red line. Maybe it is difficult to see in the video? EDIT: The red line is in fact the interior color of the boots (thanks cocomonk22)

Sideshow added a fake Adidas logo to the the boots, where as Prime 1 opted to leave out the Adidas logo. JND appear to have taken the same route as Prime 1, and left off the Adidas logo.

JND appear to have added very long laces, covering up much of the criss-cross lace pattern, which something Sideshow did also.

I wonder how JND plan to tackle the fishnet seam?

I thought the tattoo's on Harley's legs looked somewhat blurred on the Prime 1 piece. I guess JND will look to improve in this area, but making them look sharper.

JND Studio 1/3

Prime 1 Studio 1/3

Sideshow Collectibles 1/4
Old 06-26-2021, 04:17 AM   #113
cocomonk22
Blue Falcon

That's the interior color. Here's a shot of the boots from the Warner Bros. Studio Tour for reference:

Also looks like it would be possible to mod on the Adidas logos to make it more accurate.
cocomonk22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 04:20 AM   #114
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

It's probably clear ar this point, I'm becoming a JND fan boy, but somehow I'm not really excited for this piece.

I get it, JND are a new company, they're doing something which is somewhat innovative, but, I'm getting bored seeing the same old characters. It's like ground hog day.

I'm probably going to sit this one out, and all the next ones too, until JND start to show something different.

Could this be the definitive Harley? Maybe, but who cares, there's so many now - it's a moot point.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 04:44 AM   #115
deadrodian
The Spirit

I know this is very unlikely, but I hope they will eventually get raimi trilogy license, I'd kill for Otto and Franco Osborn

Also hoping they'll start doing some not superhero related stuff, star wars is probably my wet dream, but I'd take indiana jones, dutch from predator or neo too...
deadrodian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 04:47 AM   #116
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocomonk22 View Post
That's the interior color. Here's a shot of the boots from the Warner Bros. Studio Tour for reference:

Also looks like it would be possible to mod on the Adidas logos to make it more accurate.
That makes sense, the interior being red.
Time for someone to release some 1/3 scale white Adidas stickers.
Old 06-26-2021, 07:07 AM   #117
French Cancan
Deadman

Sorry, Margot, but I have zero interest for your shoes.
Apart from Daenerys/ Emilia Clarke, the only actress ( still alive )/ character who could sweep away like an insignificant pile of dust my distrust of silicone would be this one

As far as Daenerys is concerned, I am very happy with my Blitzway/Prime 1, I went back to Defcon 5. There is no emergency.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 07:36 AM   #118
Exorcist
Hydra

Thumbs up

I am starting to see some sort kind of pattern with 3 or 4 people, always ending in some sort of dissatisfaction/anticlimax..... a negative vibe if you will. Maybe I am seeing things, but it sure feels like a repeating glitch in the Matrix

Ahhh well I guess I need to start to grow a pair and start focusing more on the positive vibes, and there are a lot of those within this fantastic forum

Looking at Catwoman, Friday will probably be the preorder moment for Harley BTW
Exorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 07:52 AM   #119
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
Sorry, Margot, but I have zero interest for your shoes.
Apart from Daenerys/ Emilia Clarke, the only actress ( still alive )/ character who could sweep away like an insignificant pile of dust my distrust of silicone would be this one

As far as Daenerys is concerned, I am very happy with my Blitzway/Prime 1, I went back to Defcon 5. There is no emergency.
Imagine, if JND made a LeeLoo
..the messy wig-hair would work rather well on a statue. Little to no Maintenance required.
Old 06-26-2021, 08:13 AM   #120
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exorcist View Post
I am starting to see some sort kind of pattern with 3 or 4 people, always ending in some sort of dissatisfaction/anticlimax..... a negative vibe if you will. Maybe I am seeing things, but it sure feels like a repeating glitch in the Matrix

Ahhh well I guess I need to start to grow a pair and start focusing more on the positive vibes, and there are a lot of those within this fantastic forum

Looking at Catwoman, Friday will probably be the preorder moment for Harley BTW
I agree, and in this thread, I'm falling into the negative vibe category. For this you have my apologies.

I want, and believe that a company like (or indeed specifically) JND can have a bright future. Their concept of silicone, ultra realism, glass eyes, real hair and 1/3 is for me, a winning formula.

I just want to see them apply these skills in a more diverse way, then regurgitating the usual suspects.......

But you're absolutely right, this gripe or observation has no place in this thread about Harley Quinn / Margot Robbie.

So, from my side, enjoy this (hopefully) wonderful piece!!!
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote