Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 05-06-2022, 06:47 PM   #511
RPG_FAN128
Mephisto

And I'm sure others might be happy to snag someone else's cancellation.

My benchmark is the Prime 1 Harley so if JND tops that (in my perspective of course) it's fine by me... until I suppose the next Harley Quinn comes out that tops everything... again.
RPG_FAN128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 12:40 AM   #512
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

This statue is genuinely sold out - at least in every reputable supplier - and people knew what they were getting. In my opinion, right now, the only meaningful debate is whether the production piece meets the same standard as the prototype. Re-hashing old critique over design choices that (anyway) resulted in a sell out, just seems pointless and odd.

Anyone who orders a piece at this price, hoping the manufacturer will make "changes", especially to fundamental design choices - is delusional . Sure, it's happened in the past, and sure, certain manufactures might even hint / promise to "fix" things - but it's nothing you can bank on.

Edit: Word "idiot" replaced with "delusional" - to avoid unintentionally hurting people's feelings.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 10:49 AM   #513
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
This statue is genuinely sold out - at least in every reputable supplier - and people knew what they were getting. In my opinion, right now, the only meaningful debate is whether the production piece meets the same standard as the prototype. Re-hashing old critique over design choices that (anyway) resulted in a sell out, just seems pointless and odd.

Anyone who orders a piece at this price, hoping the manufacturer will make "changes", especially to fundamental design choices - is basically an idiot. Sure, it's happened in the past, and sure, certain manufactures might even hint / promise to "fix" things - but it's nothing you can bank on.
Thanks for referring to me as an idiot for being hopeful that a $2500 statue would have a better looking seam on it since they said in their own video they would be working to make it as good as possible, and it doesn't look as good as the proto to me and several other people you have now referred to as "idiots".

You have told me in the past that I wasn't allowed to have an opinion of a statue I didn't order (JND's Wonder Woman thread). Now I have an opinion of a JND statue I have ordered and I am now an idiot.

Am I allowed to critique anything JND without being talked down to or name called?
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 12:53 PM   #514
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
Thanks for referring to me as an idiot for being hopeful that a $2500 statue would have a better looking seam on it since they said in their own video they would be working to make it as good as possible, and it doesn't look as good as the proto to me and several other people you have now referred to as "idiots".

You have told me in the past that I wasn't allowed to have an opinion of a statue I didn't order (JND's Wonder Woman thread). Now I have an opinion of a JND statue I have ordered and I am now an idiot.

Am I allowed to critique anything JND without being talked down to or name called?
First off, I never mentioned your name in my post, and didn't even consider you when I wrote it. You're choosing to take my words personally - so it's on you.

What I'm supposed to grovel and humbly apologise because you read the screen and see yourself reflected in my words?

I assume you're a grown ass man, so I won't presume to instruct you how you should spend your money, or who you should trust. That's your problem.

But I absolutely stand by my statement - only a delusional person would take at face value, an "empty promise" to fix something on a statue that has not only gone up for preview, but also up for pre-order with said "issue" obviously unfixed . According to your own statement - JND "promised" - they would be working to make it as good as possible - so where did they guarantee the seam would be removed? And what if this is "as good as possible"?....

Now your crying that they didn't keep to their word....is this your first statue? Have you been collecting for a month?.....how do you not know how these statue companies work?

And you're attacking me for (supposedly) calling you delusional - when it was you that committed $2500 of your money on a "wish", and hopes rather than what is right in front of you.....
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 01:08 PM   #515
bmcd1985
Fantastic Four

Quote:

Anyone who orders a piece at this price, hoping the manufacturer will make "changes", especially to fundamental design choices - is basically an idiot. Sure, it's happened in the past, and sure, certain manufactures might even hint / promise to "fix" things - but it's nothing you can bank on.
They took away my Harley cheeks! I?m so mad!

Not really, I?m just happy to have my first JND piece whenever it gets here.
bmcd1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 05:41 PM   #516
naeser2008
Justice League

If anyone wants to do a preorder transfer, I have her on order with Spec Fiction. I am out of the JND game, so worse case
Is I will sell her once it arrives but if anyone wants to secure it now, just PM me.
naeser2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 06:07 PM   #517
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
First off, I never mentioned your name in my post, and didn't even consider you when I wrote it. You're choosing to take my words personally - so it's on you.

What I'm supposed to grovel and humbly apologise because you read the screen and see yourself reflected in my words?

I assume you're a grown ass man, so I won't presume to instruct you how you should spend your money, or who you should trust. That's your problem.

But I absolutely stand by my statement - only a delusional person would take at face value, an "empty promise" to fix something on a statue that has not only gone up for preview, but also up for pre-order with said "issue" obviously unfixed . According to your own statement - JND "promised" - they would be working to make it as good as possible - so where did they guarantee the seam would be removed? And what if this is "as good as possible"?....

Now your crying that they didn't keep to their word....is this your first statue? Have you been collecting for a month?.....how do you not know how these statue companies work?

And you're attacking me for (supposedly) calling you delusional - when it was you that committed $2500 of your money on a "wish", and hopes rather than what is right in front of you.....
Meh, more name calling. /ignore
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 10:30 PM   #518
NotGwen
Justice League

Saw this on Instagram. I'm a fan

NotGwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 11:11 PM   #519
tarim69
Sailor Moon

Question for US buyers who've ordered from Sugo... how do they ship to the states?
tarim69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 12:04 AM   #520
Brandon
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by naeser2008 View Post
If anyone wants to do a preorder transfer, I have her on order with Spec Fiction. I am out of the JND game, so worse case
Is I will sell her once it arrives but if anyone wants to secure it now, just PM me.
Just curious, Why are you done with JND? This is most likely the best MR Harley we'll get for the foreseeable future.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote