Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-27-2024, 03:53 AM   #351
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

I unboxed my yesterday.

And if I’m being honest, I kind of wish I didn’t get it now.

I went over mine, and I found more than one or two issues.

1. The eyes. This isn’t unusual, but the right eye is almost dead centre, but the left eye is looking towards its left.

2. Seam lines and gaps. You would think it would only be Lois’s arms, but it’s the arms on Superman which have a more obvious gap. And what makes it even worse are those are pre-assembled, unlike Lois which you have to attach.

3. Bad fittings. Lois arms that go around Superman neck don’t sit flush. Because of the cape Lois’ right arm lifts up, and as such you can see a maybe 3mm gap between it and the cape, even though there is a sculpted indented area where it’s obviously supposed to rest. As such the two hands don’t lay on top of each other, again creating a gap. If I remove the cape, the arms and the hands sit perfectly. Note, I’m quite sure mine isn’t the only one with this issue, as it even looked like Sideshows unboxing video had the same issue, but it’s kind of hard to see because of their camera’s viewing angles etc.

4. Paint. It’s sort of okay, but I’ve got very tiny dots of the various colours (red, blue, yellow and white) of the costume, here are there.

Good news, bad news, from a normal viewing distance, mine doesn’t look all that much different from any the photos posted here by other collectors.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2024, 03:55 AM   #352
DevGuy
The Spirit

Damn. Thanks for the critique. Gives me pause about ordering.
DevGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2024, 04:02 AM   #353
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevGuy View Post
Damn. Thanks for the critique. Gives me pause about ordering.
It definitely wasn’t what I had hoped my reaction would be.

And I was so happy after unboxing my 1/2 scale Mark 3 on Friday. But even that didn’t come absolutely perfect, but that at least had the ‘excuse’ of being the battle damage version. I’ll probably post my write up on that piece over the next few days, as I usually post photos with my Queen pieces.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote