Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-21-2023, 03:51 PM   #11
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
$1000, limited to 150 pieces. Up for order.

Is it cool? Yes. Is it unique? Yes. Is it $1000 cool? No. I'm sure this well sell out tho with that ES.
I agree on all points.

I'm just wondering if Popcultcha (Australia) will be able to source a few pieces?
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 03:53 PM   #12
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
$1000, limited to 150 pieces. Up for order.

Is it cool? Yes. Is it unique? Yes. Is it $1000 cool? No. I'm sure this well sell out tho with that ES.
I thought about it for a second due to the first 2 points you made. I didn't love it enough to spend that amount of money on it though (especially at only 20 inches tall).
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 04:00 PM   #13
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
I thought about it for a second due to the first 2 points you made. I didn't love it enough to spend that amount of money on it though (especially at only 20 inches tall).
lol I did too. I thought, well even if I don't love it, at 150 ES I can probably resell it down the line. But CAN I? At that price, closer to probably $1200 after taxes & shipping, I'd have to double that to make any profit, and that wouldn't be worth it. I'm fine saving the money in my pocket.

It's funny they tagged this in the "fine art statue" category but if you click on that link it's the ONLY piece that shows up. So they created this category just for this in order to say "hey it's fine art so it costs $1000". This should be like $350.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 04:25 PM   #14
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
lol I did too. I thought, well even if I don't love it, at 150 ES I can probably resell it down the line. But CAN I? At that price, closer to probably $1200 after taxes & shipping, I'd have to double that to make any profit, and that wouldn't be worth it. I'm fine saving the money in my pocket.

It's funny they tagged this in the "fine art statue" category but if you click on that link it's the ONLY piece that shows up. So they created this category just for this in order to say "hey it's fine art so it costs $1000". This should be like $350.
It sort of feels like one of those 1/2 scale busts that either Gentle Giant or Diamond Select sells (albeit much more detailed). I may have bit in the $500 range.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 05:12 PM   #15
Forps is back
Mephisto

This would sell like hot cakes if it were trully life sized (it looks like 1/2 scale) and also if it also had a face like the art print.

As it is now, it lacks.

The art print is way better and Sideshow should have produced a life sized bust based on the art print in order to sell it like hot cakes.

So i won't bite. Although i would, if Sideshow made these 2 changes.
Forps is back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 06:31 PM   #16
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
It sort of feels like one of those 1/2 scale busts that either Gentle Giant or Diamond Select sells (albeit much more detailed). I may have bit in the $500 range.
I have a couple of those pieces, and they're definitely not 1/2 scale. Probably closer to 1/2.4999 scale, than to true 1/2 scale.

But they're relatively cheap, but fair warning, stay far, far away from those with an face exposed; especially where it is of an actor. As they're terrible.
Old 02-24-2024, 08:35 PM   #17
How2TrainKaiju
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Pre-order didn't sell out and it's shipping now. SS just posted about this on socials and I was thinking, "Half scale? If it's like $200 or less I may go ahead and grab it and....$1010...okay, nope."
How2TrainKaiju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2024, 08:37 PM   #18
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by How2TrainKaiju View Post
Pre-order didn't sell out and it's shipping now. SS just posted about this on socials and I was thinking, "Half scale? If it's like $200 or less I may go ahead and grab it and....$1010...okay, nope."
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2024, 09:03 PM   #19
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by How2TrainKaiju View Post
True 1/2 scale busts (though I don't believe this has a definite scale) from a similar manufacturer have never gone for that price. Or at least not for a long time.

Even their 1/2 scale Mark 6 bust that I have, that came out a decade ago was priced at $350 USD.
Old 02-24-2024, 09:05 PM   #20
Agent_J.Warren
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants
Adamantium Member

This is so unique looking. Very cool.
Agent_J.Warren is offline   Reply With Quote