Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Community Corner > Friends of Northstar

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 01:56 PM   #5111
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by malkii View Post
i couldn't find the entire video but what parts i did see were really bad... Britney has always been one to lip sync, because she can't really sing if you have heard her live... but she couldn't even lip sync this well... she looks like she doesn't have a clue what she is doing... like she has never rehearsed this before... she looks like she is second guessing all her moves, where she is supposed to be on stages... she seems to even stumble a few times... i just don't think she is ever going to really make a come back...
here you go

the title of the song couldn't be more fitting/ironic
Old 09-10-2007, 02:05 PM   #5112
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

Quote:
i couldn't find the entire video but what parts i did see were really bad... Britney has always been one to lip sync, because she can't really sing if you have heard her live... but she couldn't even lip sync this well... she looks like she doesn't have a clue what she is doing... like she has never rehearsed this before... she looks like she is second guessing all her moves, where she is supposed to be on stages... she seems to even stumble a few times... i just don't think she is ever going to really make a come back...
I agree she did do horrible and like it was her first time performing ever
Old 09-10-2007, 02:10 PM   #5113
Merlose
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdoug View Post
That's not true. I am pushing forty (like Sisyphus, up the hill), and I can say that while I do enjoy -some- of Barbara and Judy, I can do without most of it. I also like ABBA, Madonna, The Andrews Sisters, Glen Miller, The Byrds, Fountains of Wayne, Scissor Sisters, Steely Dan, Daft Punk, as well as many country songs. The list is much longer, but it spans nearly eighty years of music that I enjoy.

I don't think age should define the music you like. I think that, in the case of the gay community, people tend to let the people around them define it. Which explains my less-than-popular status in the gay community. I can blame my folks for that, with their listening to all kinds of musics during my formative years.

Everyone should listen to one thing each day that they've never listened to before, without judgment. I think everyone would be a lot happier that way.
Well I think you're right but wrong about me being wrong if that makes sense I'm always listening to NEW things and by new I mean just that I don't really bother to go listen to older stuff. Some people (like my parents) stop listening to music at some point and only listen to older stuff.
As far as other people defining what you listen to I think that's totally b.s, unless you're a total lemming but I've never much had a taste for britany,christina,cher,madona or any of those gay icons despite my friends all loving that stuff and they don't like the stuff I listen to; but then again some gay friends of mine love rap and I can't stand it.
Old 09-10-2007, 02:12 PM   #5114
cougartrace
I like !%&!%&!%&!%&

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_division View Post
here you go

the title of the song couldn't be more fitting/ironic
she looks medicated
Old 09-10-2007, 02:26 PM   #5115
joy_division

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlose View Post
Well I think you're right but wrong about me being wrong if that makes sense I'm always listening to NEW things and by new I mean just that I don't really bother to go listen to older stuff. Some people (like my parents) stop listening to music at some point and only listen to older stuff.
As far as other people defining what you listen to I think that's totally b.s, unless you're a total lemming but I've never much had a taste for britany,christina,cher,madona or any of those gay icons despite my friends all loving that stuff and they don't like the stuff I listen to; but then again some gay friends of mine love rap and I can't stand it.
The US version of playing it straight started showing over here the other day, and that shows that stereotypes are totally ridiculous. Not everyone gay person love Judy, Liza et al. On the openeing show, the woman evicted two straight guys.

Never judge a book by it's cover. Music is the universal language, yet everyone has their own taste. For me, I love everything, be it classical, classic rock, ska, bluegrass, or punk(well, nearly everthing, emo, I don't like - depending on what you consider "emo")
Old 09-10-2007, 02:27 PM   #5116
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

If the person singing the song can sing really good then I will listen to it. I like belters though like Christina and I love Fergie. I loved her every since she was in Wild Orchid

I don't do rap or heavy metal though

I love oldies as well
Old 09-10-2007, 02:30 PM   #5117
Jesse321
Galactus

Quote:
you don't like Judy Garland, guess we know your not a Friend of Northstar... you have to love her and Barbara to be accepted into the club...
For the record, while I do enjoy the occasional Babs and Juds, Nina Simone and Ella Fitzgerald out classes both of them by MILES.
Old 09-10-2007, 02:31 PM   #5118
joy_division

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdoug View Post
I totally get off on heavy metal and I even like some Marilyn Manson. The only music I can't get into is hard-core R&B/Rap. I can't relate to the music, and I don't understand those kids from suburbia who claim to be able to.

I can understand, however, large guitar riffs and a heavy bass line.
I dig early rap, like the beastie boys, run dmc, and the fat boys But this gansta rap is ****e

REAL R&B rocks, especially the blues - I'm talking about Muddy waters, robert johnson, john lee hooker, bo diddley - now that is the root of ALL modern music. Without the blues, there would be no elvis, beatles or stones
Old 09-10-2007, 02:31 PM   #5119
Jesse321
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Cat View Post
If the person singing the song can sing really good then I will listen to it. I like belters though like Christina and I love Fergie.
If you love Fergie, you should look a group called "Wild Orchid"

And if you like "belters" try listening to Linda Eder!
Old 09-10-2007, 02:33 PM   #5120
Merlose
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_division View Post
The US version of playing it straight started showing over here the other day, and that shows that stereotypes are totally ridiculous. Not everyone gay person love Judy, Liza et al. On the openeing show, the woman evicted two straight guys.

Never judge a book by it's cover. Music is the universal language, yet everyone has their own taste. For me, I love everything, be it classical, classic rock, ska, bluegrass, or punk(well, nearly everthing, emo, I don't like - depending on what you consider "emo")
thats exactly what I'm saying
Closed Thread