Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 12-17-2018, 09:05 AM   #1821
Tayto_0
Sinister Six

My favourite piece! I had to display it away from my 1/4 scales as he just made them look puny in comparison. Great choice dude, you'll love it.
Tayto_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 09:56 AM   #1822
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Ugh, now you all have me wanting this statue. I should probably ditch my Marvel POs and focus only on 1/3 DC. Even with the big $$$ for shipping, the EX is about $50 less than retail from P1's store.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 02:01 AM   #1823
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayto_0 View Post
My favourite piece! I had to display it away from my 1/4 scales as he just made them look puny in comparison. Great choice dude, you'll love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
Ugh, now you all have me wanting this statue. I should probably ditch my Marvel POs and focus only on 1/3 DC. Even with the big $$$ for shipping, the EX is about $50 less than retail from P1's store.
Lol yes no point making excuses to why 1:4 is better or why there's no room. Just sell some 1:4 and get the ultimate versions of your favorites. Beside buy 2 pf and it's the same space and sometimes cost more than a 1:3 anyways. 1:3 will eventually make many collectors switch once we start to see more popular characters come out like x-23, wonder woman, rogue, etc once they get the marvel license. Im sure in time p1 can obtain these. Getting tired of the new ss art direction on the female heads. Time for p1 to spread it's wings!
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 01:40 PM   #1824
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
Lol yes no point making excuses to why 1:4 is better or why there's no room. Just sell some 1:4 and get the ultimate versions of your favorites. Beside buy 2 pf and it's the same space and sometimes cost more than a 1:3 anyways. 1:3 will eventually make many collectors switch once we start to see more popular characters come out like x-23, wonder woman, rogue, etc once they get the marvel license. Im sure in time p1 can obtain these. Getting tired of the new ss art direction on the female heads. Time for p1 to spread it's wings!
Good point. Also, it's kind of hard to want anything smaller after getting a 1/3 piece in. So much detail and presence.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 01:46 PM   #1825
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

So true. After I got my 1st P1 1:3 (this one,) everything else just kind of paled in comparison. I now have 8 more in my future plans lol. I'm not 100% sure I'll get all of them as they haven't all been revealed yet (and 1 doesn't even actually exist; comic WW) and I may just pass on 1 or 2, but yeah. They're literally the only statues I care about buying at this point.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 01:59 PM   #1826
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
Good point. Also, it's kind of hard to want anything smaller after getting a 1/3 piece in. So much detail and presence.
Exact opposite for me. I’m a HUGE Batman fan and just had to have this statue, which in turn pushed me into a few more 1:3 Arkham pieces. Despite loving all of them I regret going as deep as I did a bit. They simply take too much space to display. As such I’m officially done with the scale. I think the same level of detail is there in smaller pieces, just depends on the statue and the company. Presence I get, but I don’t live in a mansion so something’s gotta give and for my collection I’d rather have more characters in a smaller scale than one huge character. My favorite scale is actually 1:6. Most display friendly, more variety and best bang for my buck.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 02:37 PM   #1827
Tayto_0
Sinister Six

I have three at the moment. But i agree about space being a huge issue. Mine are currently back in their box until i can come up with a long term solution.
Old 12-18-2018, 02:56 PM   #1828
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I don't plan on going crazy with 1/3. I can see 5 pieces max for myself - Batman, Catwoman, Ivy, Harley and Joker.

My dream piece is a 1/3 scale Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman, fully sculpted of course, with a phenomenal likeness.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 03:09 PM   #1829
Tayto_0
Sinister Six

Yeah i didn't really think this through. I think if you are going 1/3 scale you really have to plan ahead and choose carefully. I'm now learning the hard way
Old 12-18-2018, 03:52 PM   #1830
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
My dream piece is a 1/3 scale Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman, fully sculpted of course, with a phenomenal likeness.
Ideal combination: portrait sculpted by Trevor Grove (or K.A. Kim, but Grove already gave us a terrific likeness with the Tweeterhead piece) and produced by Prime 1.

A guy can dream.
Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote