Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 10-05-2018, 01:25 PM   #51
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I really like this one. I have the Tweeterhead Ex on order but may shift to this as I like the floating pose, musculature and base much more here. Just not sure if it’s worth $100 more assuming it’s priced like the other XM 1:6 offerings.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 01:42 PM   #52
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I really like this one. I have the Tweeterhead Ex on order but may shift to this as I like the floating pose, musculature and base much more here. Just not sure if it’s worth $100 more assuming it’s priced like the other XM 1:6 offerings.
Based on the 4 statues so far it looks like all of them will be $399 (SpecFiction Price)... I would of thought Aquaman would of been more given the sculpt of the seahorse but it seems regardless of size XM is keeping the price the same for all the characters... So far anyways...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 01:50 PM   #53
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I understand, that's why I make a point to buy them, such as pre-ordering upcoming Donna Troy from Tweeterhead.
And good on you for doing so. I'm picking her up too just deciding if it will be from Sideshow or Tweeterhead direct. If a company is genuinely trying to mix it up I want to try to support them too.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 01:57 PM   #54
built2shred
Phoenix

I'm going to be stingy with Donna Troy and try and get her at a discount on Ebay…. I was able to get Harley regular edition for $220 and if I waited I could of snag Supergirl for $150 instead of paying retail... (sigh)

The only ones I'm pre-ordering through Tweeterhead are the must have Exclusives...

Yeah I know I'm not supporting them making third tier characters but I can't help it when my thrifty side kicks in Although I did pre-order Mxyzptik from Tweeterhead so that kind of counts
Old 10-05-2018, 02:01 PM   #55
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Based on the 4 statues so far it looks like all of them will be $399 (SpecFiction Price)... I would of thought Aquaman would of been more given the sculpt of the seahorse but it seems regardless of size XM is keeping the price the same for all the characters... So far anyways...
My thinking as well. This one seems to have less going on than those so I was hoping it might brake the trend but probably not.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 02:50 AM   #56
Omegaplex
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by statue-man View Post
I really like the pose and the sculpt of this Superman, but it is the New 52 design. I prefer the classic look with the red trucks. If this Superman statue had the classic look, I would order it in a second.
Ditto. With the SS Superman having exactly the same costume, or nearly so, it's a bit of a bummer. I am not feeling the price tag on this piece, it's pretty darn boring IMO. Putting this next to the flash or Aquaman or Green Lantern, and it's like wait, this is part of the same line? It also doesn't help that this is not the rebirth costume. I've been reading rebirth, Superman most definitely has red trunks. The version that had the all blue suit was the leftovers version from New 52 that got folded in. Am I missing something?
Omegaplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 04:38 AM   #57
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegaplex View Post
Ditto. With the SS Superman having exactly the same costume, or nearly so, it's a bit of a bummer. I am not feeling the price tag on this piece, it's pretty darn boring IMO. Putting this next to the flash or Aquaman or Green Lantern, and it's like wait, this is part of the same line? It also doesn't help that this is not the rebirth costume. I've been reading rebirth, Superman most definitely has red trunks. The version that had the all blue suit was the leftovers version from New 52 that got folded in. Am I missing something?
Superman was all blue in Rebirth up to the 1000 issue where they changed him back to wearing red underwear.. Batman was all grey until the marriage issue with Catwomen and then he changed back to black underwear...
Old 12-18-2018, 05:45 AM   #58
Eltjar
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Superman was all blue in Rebirth up to the 1000 issue where they changed him back to wearing red underwear.. Batman was all grey until the marriage issue with Catwomen and then he changed back to black underwear...

And in both cases, this is how they both look the best

As soon as XM is (and if) releasing this 1:6 Supes in his classic costume, it is an instant buy for me..
having said that, i also have the Tweeterhead and the P1 Hush Supes on PO.

One never can have enough Supermans
Eltjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 11:50 AM   #59
Omegaplex
The Herculoids

The statue looks like the designer just went to Google images and copied the first thing he saw. This thing is so boring, and so done before I'm shocked it is seriously their JL Superman. Comparing this statue to the other Justice League statues revealed so far is painful. Yay, another bored looking Superman hovering over crystals! You'd think Superman doesn't do anything else. You have Wonder Woman bristling with weapons and attitude, you have a green lantern that looks like he's about to take on an entire space Fleet, you have a flash tapping into the speed force itself, an Aquaman who's leading his armies into battle... and then you have this guy, apparently just watching all the interesting stuff the others are doing?

And if you're going to do a Superman just... there staring, the competition is incredibly stiff, so you better nail the portrait. I feel tweeterhead's does this the best. Their Superman's face looks like he's looking over the horizon to a better future. Like he sees something great ahead for humanity, and he's optimistic. Like the sun is about to rise over him, with the music crescendo. This Superman just kind of... has a head. Honestly, the most dynamic Superman statue to come out recently is the diamond select, and it's only forty bucks!

The statue doesn't look inherently bad, and taken completely on its own is probably perfectly fine and maybe even good. But it is insanely boring and out of character for the XM Justice League line, at least those shown so far. Compare this to that Joker and tell me these belong next to each other on a shelf, selling at the same price. I don't know XM very well, but I do hope this gets revisited.
Omegaplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 10:44 AM   #60
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Pictures from GrumpyBear at STGCC 2018

>>> "Official PreOrder date 06. February 2019" <<<

XM Studios Premium Collectibles Facebook

GHeroes European Master Distributor Facebook

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote