Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 12-14-2018, 07:13 AM   #191
Nextlevel99
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khufu View Post
Sideshow was not able to get a replacement from Prime 1. Actually, they said they never got a response in 2 months of trying... so I decided on getting a full refund since Sideshow offered.

It's a shame too since this was one of my most anticipated pieces. Congrats to those without problems or able to brute force him into the chariot though... it really was an amazing piece outside of the peg issue I had.
Did you know that using heat make it hot enough you can fit the peg easy to adjust.
Nextlevel99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 10:39 AM   #192
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Sideshow was not able to get a replacement from Prime 1. Actually, they said they never got a response in 2 months of trying... so I decided on getting a full refund since Sideshow offered.

It's a shame too since this was one of my most anticipated pieces. Congrats to those without problems or able to brute force him into the chariot though... it really was an amazing piece outside of the peg issue I had.
Prima Facie this doesn't sound like a big deal in relation to your resolution but actually upon further introspection, if true, it is quite troubling. I realize particulars are different with every situation but still.

I wonder how long Sideshow can go as bailsman in situations like this?
I can't stress enough how at this time in the industry I discourage PreOrders with any company.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 06:28 PM   #193
Khufu
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nextlevel99 View Post
Did you know that using heat make it hot enough you can fit the peg easy to adjust.
I had a $1000 reasons why I wasn’t going to try and bend a leg 3/8”-1/2” that should have been right to begin with...
Khufu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 08:49 PM   #194
Gekon
Blue Falcon

Quote:
I had a $1000 reasons why I wasn’t going to try and bend a leg 3/8”-1/2” that should have been right to begin with...
Don't listen to him. This Nextlevel99 guy is strongly connected with P1. He always defend them. And his messages often contains "Did You know... " like we are some kind of retards.
Gekon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 10:44 PM   #195
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Sideshow is still #1 when effectively resolving customer issues. They make provisions for their own products, and probably some for the other brands they carry. However, Prime1 acts like a third rate Chinese knock off company when it comes to owning up to their issues. They're unanswerable to us gaijin customers. So, while I will continue to hold them in high regard for their finished products so far, I've better take caution PO'ing from them going forward. No real need to PO, since all their stuff is readily available once in stock, giving me ample time to see first impressions and reviews.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 11:04 PM   #196
NamesJay
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gekon View Post
Don't listen to him. This Nextlevel99 guy is strongly connected with P1. He always defend them. And his messages often contains "Did You know... " like we are some kind of retards.
Sideshow themselves have recommended the "using a dryer" method to soften the statue so that it will fit inside hole cut outs.
NamesJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 11:38 PM   #197
MegatronG1
The X-Men

It would take a lot more hot air to soften Serpentor's legs than the Mermaid's arms. At least Sideshow is ordering replacements from the factory.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 12:19 AM   #198
SONICobra
Batman

If theyre giving you a full refund i would try ordering another one once you get the money back if you really want it
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 12:30 AM   #199
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Prime 1 appears to have a serious CS issue. They stopped responding to SS in regards to my problem as well.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 12:19 AM   #200
Moonraker
Doh!

I had an issue with my Serpentor, which came last year. The statue would not fit into the base. Contacted Sideshow and they told me upfront that it would take time due to how Prime 1deals and produces their statues/replacement parts. Well, here we are, 6 months later, the replacement is here! It just came so I need to see if tall works out. I will post once I have assembled it. Sad part is, I have to break the original one. Other than the it not fitting the base, its perfect.
Moonraker is offline   Reply With Quote