Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-20-2016, 04:37 AM   #121
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igo View Post
Good question, and fun story…

We originally wanted to do a 1:5 movie line, collect all the avengers throughout all the films, and keep building a collection.

Problem is, all of their costumes constantly changed from film to film, and film approvals are a bunch of extra hoops you gota jump through… So we decided to stick to the occasional film 1:4 scale PF / Maquette from time to time, when they made sense, and re-think the movie 1:5 line into a comic book line.

So yah, no movie 1:5 line (like we originally planned) and it transitioned to a comic book line.

The first 4 are the big 4, and we have more designed out to hopefully continue the line. If the first 4 all sell as well as we hope they will, there will be more to come. Im stoked because a couple we have planned we havent done before (by us) and some are repeaters for characters we havent done in a long while. So it's a good mix of possibly new territory as well as revisiting some classic characters we havent done in a while.

1:5 scale is also really growing on me as well. I used to be a "EVERYTHING 1:4 SCALE OR FAIL!" guy, but the more you look at how crazy collection space can get, and the rising prices, 1:5 scale is still a nice chunk of a statue, but helps minimize the space as well as the price, allowing for more people to work on collections.

So, who knows, hoping these are received well. Iron Man goes up really soon with Cap not too far behind. Stoked for full reveals on Thorster and Hulkie as well.
My only 1/5 is JSC Spidey simply because it's a cool and it's a Spidey Com so scale didn't matter.

My Avengers are all 1/4...Attack on Hydra Cap, Classic IM, Scarlet Witch, Hawkeye and my personal fave, BP. I wanted to build out more of the team but with rising prices like you said, plus the likelihood of some members not getting a PF, 1/5 might the way to build a cool Avengers team collection. Problem is I like what I already have and I like that I can mix and match displays in scale with my other 1/4 Marvel pieces (mostly X-Men but Avengers/X-Men have so many shared team members anyway).

Repeaters...Black Panther? PLEASE! Scarlet Witch? Vision?

Haven't done before...Quicksilver? Wonder Man? (Although I'd prefer those 2 in 1/4) Hank Pym in some form? Wasp? Falcon? Comic version War Machine? Hercules? So many not done as PFs yet, it would be interesting to see ss's take on them.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 08:35 AM   #122
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

This is where you guys set yourselves up for disappointment. Everything from past history indicates that Sideshow will shift gears in a second when it comes to any team, themed or diorama statue lines.

I say count on the main 4 and perhaps a couple more. The first clue that this is going for quick sales and not longevity is that you don't put all your top selling heavy hitters up front. If the focus is to truly build an Avengers team you would put a Black Panther in there or a Yellow Jacket or a Black Knight in between the Cap and the Thor and the Iron Man and the Hulk.

If this line is going strong in the next 4 years I would be very surprised. I hope so because it would be nice to see a complete line up of about 15 Avengers when all is said and done.
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 09:09 AM   #123
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

The original 1:4 Avengers PFs are truly amazing but what they don't have is that sense of them all together in the same place since each one has a different environmental base, (Thor Asgard rock, IM lab machinery, Vision and SW Avengers logo, etc).

Hopefully this new line will have the same base environment for each character so it look like the team really is assembled together in one location, like the Guardians of the galaxy PF's.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 10:29 AM   #124
slynger
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidLiquidFox View Post
I say count on the main 4 and perhaps a couple more. The first clue that this is going for quick sales and not longevity is that you don't put all your top selling heavy hitters up front. If the focus is to truly build an Avengers team you would put a Black Panther in there or a Yellow Jacket or a Black Knight in between the Cap and the Thor and the Iron Man and the Hulk.
So very true. It seems a lot of folks have missed this important tidbit.
slynger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 11:02 AM   #125
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
This is where you guys set yourselves up for disappointment. Everything from past history indicates that Sideshow will shift gears in a second when it comes to any team, themed or diorama statue lines.

If this line is going strong in the next 4 years I would be very surprised. I hope so because it would be nice to see a complete line up of about 15 Avengers when all is said and done.
Wise words
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 03:15 PM   #126
Agent23
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

If these are 350-400 I'll order Iron Man.
450+ then I'm out.
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 04:15 PM   #127
slynger
Hellboy

I'm saying that I'm out, but I'm a huge Cap fan. So if he's done well and priced right I might get him. But with prices going the way they are right now, I doubt it will be "priced right."
slynger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 07:44 PM   #128
built2shred
Phoenix

I really wish they would of made some more Campbell 1:5 statues like Green Goblin, Venom, Doc Ock and others at 1:5 scale... Would of made for a really cool display... I can only guess that sales were not strong enough to make any more
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 10:59 PM   #129
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:

Nobodys setting themselves up for disappointment by naming a few characters. Igo even said it's a few planned after these four but it depends on sales. One thing you have to consider is the high and still rising prices of 1/4 and how it affects sales vs any prior history when all options were cheaper. All I'd want is Black Panther. The rest will be nice to look at.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 11:16 PM   #130
Parallax
Nightwing

Right off the bat we're going to see Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, and Hulk. I bet "wave 2" would be Black Widow, Hawkeye, Ant-Man/Giant Man, and Vision. Eventually Black Panther, Scarlet Witch, and the Wasp. If it's a successful line, I'd love to see them expand to the Fantastic Four and Daredevil.
Parallax is offline   Reply With Quote