Old 07-20-2018, 11:01 PM   #2801
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Fabric capes can all go die in a fire.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 11:35 PM   #2802
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

I would rather a fabric cape that allows for this levitation effect as opposed to a leaning piece as result of the weight or a cheap pvc statue used to offset the weight.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 09:32 AM   #2803
nyvega002
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I was always a fan of the statue as a whole. I hate the fabric cape, and hate them in general, but I liked the modern suit, the levitating effect, and the base. But the more I see the pose from the side, the arm that they flipped continues to look more and more awkward.

I can't help but see him intently reciting Hamlet amidst battle
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ham.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	115431  
nyvega002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 09:55 AM   #2804
tonytiger
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
I love fabric capes. I have one on the way for my superman pf and I can’t wait to get it on him. I have fun messing with wired fabric and getting it to look just so. I can see why some people wouldn’t though.

Sculpted capes do absolutely nothing for me. They’re big and bulky and just add a ton of weight and breakage potential that I’d rather not deal with.
Are you on drugs or just like to dress up your dolls? lol just kidding..

Sculpted capes done right blow any fabric cape away. Also they don't break down and get dirty, And the masses agree too.. Look at Superman p1 sculpted cape version SOLD OUT not the fabric one.Sideshow wants to make fabric capes so be it but make 2 versions then so everybody is happy.
tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 10:18 AM   #2805
Nebulhym
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Fabric capes can all go die in a fire.
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 10:21 AM   #2806
supermetroid
Teen Titans

P1's Batman AK fabric cape is fantastic, if Magneto's was that quality I'd be tempted.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 10:26 AM   #2807
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytiger View Post
Are you on drugs or just like to dress up your dolls? lol just kidding..

Sculpted capes done right blow any fabric cape away. Also they don't break down and get dirty, And the masses agree too.. Look at Superman p1 sculpted cape version SOLD OUT not the fabric one.Sideshow wants to make fabric capes so be it but make 2 versions then so everybody is happy.
Also, you can go through the Rogue thread and see how many people say they wish her jacket and belt were sculpted instead of pleather. I didn't see a single comment where anyone said they were happy those pieces were fabric.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 10:30 AM   #2808
built2shred
Phoenix

My biggest gripe with fabric capes is I can't get it to look right, you can spend hours messing around with it... When I get a statue I just want to take it out of the box and have it look great, not spend hours trying to pose it and get all the wrinkles out of it.. That said, I get why some people might like them, people who don't mind spending hours posing the cape just the way they want it, people with micro steam machines to get all the wrinkles and creases out of the cape... I'm just not those people
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 11:02 AM   #2809
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

I prefer sculpted everything. I on,y like fabric when used to compliment a piece in a way that sculpt cannot convey. We’ve seen extraordinary use of sculpt on pieces like the Obi Wan Mythos which is, in my opinion, one of the best sculpts SS has done. I do however understand using fabric to assist in properly conveying a character and in this case I think it’s warranted.

I would like to see fabric and sculpt options on all pieces. At the increased prices of ‘maquettes’ which we understood was a non generic scale, then understood as full sculpt, then understood as complex sculpt (Im still not sure we get the difference) I feel we should see more switch outs, more complex switchouts (ie full torso, alternate base, etc), tighter ES and fabric/sculpt options.

I also group soft materials together including PVC which I see as a light material. The use of light materials is cost effective for SS. Take the new Maul life size bust. The piece is al,ost entirely fabric yet will be priced higher than fully sculpted LSB from not long ago. We also see this in PFs now such as Maul, Kylo Ren, Rey, Jyn Erso, etc. The sculpted portions now fill gaps between the fabric. I find that concerning.

The more fabric and ligh materials used the less these can be called statue. They become static dolls and dolls are cheap. These arent cheap.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 11:50 AM   #2810
tonytiger
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy View Post
I prefer sculpted everything. I on,y like fabric when used to compliment a piece in a way that sculpt cannot convey. We’ve seen extraordinary use of sculpt on pieces like the Obi Wan Mythos which is, in my opinion, one of the best sculpts SS has done. I do however understand using fabric to assist in properly conveying a character and in this case I think it’s warranted.

I would like to see fabric and sculpt options on all pieces. At the increased prices of ‘maquettes’ which we understood was a non generic scale, then understood as full sculpt, then understood as complex sculpt (Im still not sure we get the difference) I feel we should see more switch outs, more complex switchouts (ie full torso, alternate base, etc), tighter ES and fabric/sculpt options.

I also group soft materials together including PVC which I see as a light material. The use of light materials is cost effective for SS. Take the new Maul life size bust. The piece is al,ost entirely fabric yet will be priced higher than fully sculpted LSB from not long ago. We also see this in PFs now such as Maul, Kylo Ren, Rey, Jyn Erso, etc. The sculpted portions now fill gaps between the fabric. I find that concerning.

The more fabric and ligh materials used the less these can be called statue. They become static dolls and dolls are cheap. These arent cheap.
tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote