Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-30-2018, 08:14 PM   #2891
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

If they'd have given me a lightweight, sculpted cape I'd buy a regular. Otherwise pass.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 09:17 PM   #2892
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

EX not sold out and possibly shipping soon? Expect some discounts to follow on this one.

Just look at my friend Cap....

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/blog/cod...ligible-items/

I got money I spent on pre-order missing from my wallet...
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 09:49 PM   #2893
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Looks good. Will probably pick the regular version in the near future.
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 12:25 AM   #2894
SONICobra
Batman

Ill pick this up at some point, i think it looks fantastic personally. Im a little disappointed to see the cape attached to the collar though. I want to make my own "sculpted" cape but now im going to have to figure out how to seperate the stock one...
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 01:45 AM   #2895
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

I’m at Tokyo Comic Con and he is here on display. I have to say I was impressed. They didn’t pose the cape at all so the cape looked bad but overall I can’t wait to get him in my hands.
darren1228 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 02:18 AM   #2896
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101son View Post
unboxing video is up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCz6KCnLB94

with the exclusive head on that neck seam looks way more noticeable then the prototype , shocker i know
everything else looks good tho, just more incentive to wait for the regular i guess
IMO, the REG is the way to go. I don't like the EX portrait at all. I'm sure that the REG will eventually be sold at a hefty discount from sideshow. I can also see REGs going for far less than retail in the aftermarket. Unless someone really has to have the piece ASAP, I think that the smart move is to wait on this PF.
FJC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 10:25 AM   #2897
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

This was my favorite piece at the show...sounds ridiculous but Magneto is in my top 3 favorite characters so I’m a bit biased. Prime 1 Bermejo Joker was impressive but I have no interest in this scale at all (this was my first time seeing a 1/3 piece how do you some of you collect in this scale???).

I’ve ragged on Magneto since SDCC 2017....but seeing him in person I just love his presence and the power he conveys. Love the crushed Sentinel head, love his pose...ahhh I can’t wait to finally have a 1/4 Magneto in my collection.

P.S. He is still an overpriced pseudomaquette. They also had Miles Morales and the new Thor at the con and I don’t see what the extra charge is going towards. Miles and Thor were sick as well. Wish I could post pics but can’t post easily on my phone. If any of you are on statuecollector on Facebook you can see them there.
Old 12-01-2018, 11:24 AM   #2898
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

There is nothing about this piece over the others you mention that warrant the maquette price tag. It's a complete and utter cash grab on Magneto's name.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 01:07 PM   #2899
AC_808
Hercules

That's where SSC made their big mistake. Coming out at the heels of the Thanos on Throne MAQ, SSC thought this piece deserved the MAQ label, too. Even after they knew the collectors saw it already labeled as a PF ...they changed it and made this piece a MAQ anyway. Bad move.

This is another instance where SSC should just re-price this piece to a PF and be done with it. It should've been priced as a PF from the beginning anyway.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 01:16 PM   #2900
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
There is nothing about this piece over the others you mention that warrant the maquette price tag. It's a complete and utter cash grab on Magneto's name.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
That's where SSC made their big mistake. Coming out at the heels of the Thanos on Throne MAQ, SSC thought this piece deserved the MAQ label, too. Even after they knew the collectors saw it already labeled as a PF ...they changed it and made this piece a MAQ anyway. Bad move.

This is another instance where SSC should just re-price this piece to a PF and be done with it. It should've been priced as a PF from the beginning anyway.
Yup and yup. Sideshow needs to wake up and smell the coffee. There is so much competition at the moment and collectors can tell when companies are overcharging and when they are getting their money’s worth.

If you want to call these things Marquettes give Thanos another arm pose, give Magneto an empty helmet, another arm, etc... collectors aren’t buying this “it’s complicated” therefore it is a maquette crap.