Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-09-2018, 11:49 AM   #1061
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Trust and believe - that decision kinda drove me crazy for a couple months.

While I really like aspects of both pieces, in the end, SS won out. The biggest factors were the pose, the costume and the price. I liked the more aggressive pose (couples better with Dark Phoenix, Storm and X-23), the white costume (sans gray piping) and almost $400 savings.
the Mystique decision would have been easy for me, the XM was well worth the extra $400 to me. But I'm not putting my money where my mouth is, so its easy to say it would have been an easy decision. This is why I love options so much, you get to weigh and decide what you want and everyones collection (X-Men in this case) arent the same statues.
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 12:18 PM   #1062
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaughn54 View Post
the Mystique decision would have been easy for me, the XM was well worth the extra $400 to me. But I'm not putting my money where my mouth is, so its easy to say it would have been an easy decision. This is why I love options so much, you get to weigh and decide what you want and everyones collection (X-Men in this case) arent the same statues.
Not for me and the number of potential pieces I'm interested in. XM Colossus, Sabretooth, Emma Frost and Mr. Sinister to name a few. Plus, X-23 and Grace from SS, maybe Juggernaut too, and that's not including Tinkerbell and Alice. That savings will come in handy.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 12:57 PM   #1063
Demona
Martian Manhunter

[QUOTE=Shaughn54;5667500]I hope this is the case, but then I will be hard pressed to make a Mystique like decision like everyone else is having to now. Even though the XM is better (IMO), is she worth twice the price? QUOTE]

All depends on what's included and the costume choices. I expect Psylocke would come with loads of weapon options (psychic and otherwise). Rogue is a mystery bag, but if her base has anything to do with her destroying a sentinel head, I'm going to be hard pressed to pass.

I LOVE that SS had Rogue flying. The statue looks really cool -- I've never had issues with that. That's why it pisses me off so much they were lazy AF with the EX AND the engineering was always questionable. I'm not shelling out $715 for that.

So to me an XM piece at SGD990 that translates to the US dollar price of Rogue is worth it to me. I will wait and see. I'm a picky collector, so while the XM shipping is brutal, I always know I'm getting quality when I sparingly do plunk down the cash.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 06:33 PM   #1064
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

So I came back to this thread to see when they released the Silhouette pic of the X-ladies. I'm hoping they do the same type of thing for the X-males before SDCC. So May 1st looks like they released that silhouette, so maybe we have 2 months until we see something like that. If we look at this like we did last year, sometime between now and then, we may get a Juggernaut reveal and a cable reveal (like Wolverine and Magneto). I dont see how they could add those 2 in the silhouette pic, if they do it again. If they are going to be doing 5 males I think we have a good idea of 2 of them being Gambit and Colossus. Wonder who the other 3 would be...
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 06:37 PM   #1065
chrismhk
Luke Cage

Quote:
So I came back to this thread to see when they released the Silhouette pic of the X-ladies. I'm hoping they do the same type of thing for the X-males before SDCC. So May 1st looks like they released that silhouette, so maybe we have 2 months until we see something like that. If we look at this like we did last year, sometime between now and then, we may get a Juggernaut reveal and a cable reveal (like Wolverine and Magneto). I dont see how they could add those 2 in the silhouette pic, if they do it again. If they are going to be doing 5 males I think we have a good idea of 2 of them being Gambit and Colossus. Wonder who the other 3 would be...
Nightcrawler is a must.
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 06:54 PM   #1066
cjacobs83
Justice League

Beast and nightcrawler please
cjacobs83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 08:44 PM   #1067
101son
Justice League

Quote:
-Cyclops
-Gambit
-Colossus
-Sabertooth...you know they'll be at least one more villan, he's just a safe bet... i wish they'd do Mr.Sinister!!!!!
-Beast
101son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 08:53 PM   #1068
sith_apprentice
The Avengers

Silver Samurai, Spiral and Deathstrike!
sith_apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 09:01 PM   #1069
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Colossus
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 09:05 PM   #1070
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismhk View Post
Nightcrawler is a must.
I want Nightcrawler more than any other male hero.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote