Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-02-2020, 01:02 PM   #51
GaryTonge
Kingpin

They should have an option where they offer these as a combo with some sort of discount. If I buy this, I wouldn't just want one.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 02:34 PM   #52
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
They should have an option where they offer these as a combo with some sort of discount. If I buy this, I wouldn't just want one.
See my previous post. I am right there with you
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 02:51 PM   #53
gomur
The Tick

As I said in the previous thread, we need to see what's under the robes to justify that price tag. For that cost, consumers should get a 2 pack of these if there's no detailed body.

gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 02:56 PM   #54
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
As I said in the previous thread, we need to see what's under the robes to justify that price tag. For that cost, consumers should get a 2 pack of these if there's no detailed body.

Something like that could make an interesting Mythos statue...spice up the canon design a bit, and add a dynamic pose...we never got to see these guys in action afterall.
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 03:13 PM   #55
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I agree with that type of Royal guard in the Mythos 1/5th line. In the 1/4th classic line I would want what Sideshow has provided. The classic movie based Royal Guard. I do agree also a nice bundle deal for collectors to purchase 2 would be very nice.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 04:52 PM   #56
DroidAssassin
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
Something like that could make an interesting Mythos statue...spice up the canon design a bit, and add a dynamic pose...we never got to see these guys in action afterall.
The Crimson Empire Royal Guard is my most desired non-screen Star Wars character design in statue form. I would love to see this tackled in the Sideshow Mythos line!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Crimson Empire Royal Guard.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	308.2 KB
ID:	129560  
DroidAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 06:53 PM   #57
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

i'm still shocked this was the closer for the 12 days of side show
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 03:35 AM   #58
Python
Omega Red

It looks alright to me, but it also looks like a $200 figure at most. I'm not sure Sideshow could have done much to avoid that mind. Maybe reduce the price as much as possible (A lot less than it is) Or offer two very slightly different versions and slap a super low ES on both in order to really target the mega fans who probably would buy a pair. I'm sure their will be people who are happy this was made, but I do think this charter is much better suited to the mythos line just due to it's simplistic looking nature.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 08:48 AM   #59
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
It looks alright to me, but it also looks like a $200 figure at most. I'm not sure Sideshow could have done much to avoid that mind. Maybe reduce the price as much as possible (A lot less than it is) Or offer two very slightly different versions and slap a super low ES on both in order to really target the mega fans who probably would buy a pair. I'm sure their will be people who are happy this was made, but I do think this charter is much better suited to the mythos line just due to it's simplistic looking nature.
I've always thought of the Mythos pieces as being significantly more detailed and complex than the PF line.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 10:31 AM   #60
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
I've always thought of the Mythos pieces as being significantly more detailed and complex than the PF line.
That's debatable I suppose. What I meant by saying that this guy would better suit the mythos line was that PF's generally have to replicate what we see on screen, which this one has for sure. The issue there is that it's a pretty simple costume which gives off an impression that not much work went into it to justify the high price tag (No matter how true or not t hat may be) A mythos version however doesn't have to rely simply on the aesthetics of the character, it can make up for such things with more dynamic poses, more interesting base elements and even props and switch outs etc that might not necessarily be associated with the character before hand.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote